Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Voyager Class Override.

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Napalm, Jul 27, 2022.

1. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Paint? Lol. It's missing the gold headlight painting the OG one has...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    The headlights are clear plastic with molded-in headlight detail, so Hasbro painting them gold always bugged the crap out of me, honestly

• Like Like x 2
  3. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2005 Deluxe Override is made of 67 plastic pieces

2022 Voyager Override is made of 69 plastic pieces.

This figure is a very interesting look into what feels like a figure from alternate world where the Deluxe budget stayed the same but the designers used their parts count and newer techniques/hindsight to get the most they could get out of that size class for an action figure oriented robot. It's sad though that we're at the point where to get a nice Deluxe or a something that feels like a "Deluxe Plus" we have to buy them at the Voyager price point.

IMG_20220808_214728114 (2).jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  4. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, functionally, the price of a given Transformer has more than tripled in seventeen years. (9.99 to 32.99)

Meanwhile:

Screenshot_20220808-235505.png

Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2022

• Like Like x 12
  5. OptimusTarzan

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Bubbahearth

Bubbahearth Well-Known Member

I own the original. I really want to want to buy this but haven't been able to justify it. Yes, very nice update, held it in my hands in Walmart, but was dissuaded by a paint blotch on the windshield which may have saved me from an impulse buy.

I watched Galaxy Force, so to me this is Nitro Convoy.

I've been selling off a lot of figures on eBay, mostly older versions of Chug and Unicron Trilogy non -main characters, replacing the the Chug guys with 'final' updated versions from recent releases (I'm almost 40, don't want to keep buying the same characters over and over forever). Like another user said, when shelf space is tight, characters like this are the first to go.

I don't plan on making a UT display, had most all UT domestic releases, but can't seem to part with the Galaxy Force planet leaders. I don't want an incomplete set of updates, wouldn't display then anyways, so I don't think I'll be buying any UT updates, as nice as they might be (Big exception for Vector Prime).

We're in an era where every obscure G1 character is getting a toy release and the releases are coming quickly and some of our wallets are stretched thin. I think this is where I pass. I really hope these non-g1 updates do well so they keep releasing them to satiate people's nostalgia itches. It's good for the hobby long-term as people like me age out of interest in newer characters.

Beautiful figure, I'm jealous of those who will be enjoying it in -hand, but it's not for me. Buy it!

• Like Like x 3
  7. OptimusTarzan

News Credits:
    I too have the OG version. Never really liked it as it kinda sucked. You has valid points. I'm still on the fence but leaning towards skipping. Shelves running out of space and wallet stretched thin due to recent GI Joe Classified addiction. Hopefully can make up my mind before my preorder ships.

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Used to have the original, the new one is so much better. Sturdier, no more floppy shoulders and gun barrels are finally parallel.

• Like Like x 4
  9. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If figures of this level of parts complexity, different material types, and paintwork were being sold at least at the current Deluxe price point or $19.99, I feel that'd be enough for these to still feel like a nice bang for your buck. As is though, especially comparing this the original Override that was released when Transformers was a floundering brand according to yearly reportings, it's pretty clear that the designers are trying their hardest to make the most out of a shrunken budget that has to reach high financial goals because of how Hasbro is operated. The best modern day example is Hasbro vs Jazwares Fortnite 6 inch figures where the Hasbro's designers aren't able to include as many accessories or release them as regularly.

2022 Override is a nice update to 2005 Override, but it's also a grim reminder of the stretched out state of Transformers. If they have to keep decreasing the complexity while raising the price to reach a profit goal, I'm not sure what the future of Transformers will be.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  10. ApocalypseThruster

ApocalypseThruster Local “Why aren’t they here?!” Poster

News Credits:
    Just to give a brief warning: the head is on a swivel, not a ball joint. Haven’t had it happen to me (I watched the PrimeVSPrime review beforehand), and I haven’t seen people report this, but with part of the head being molded in clear plastic, and how easy some might make the mistake, just giving a pre-emotive heads up.

• Like Like x 6
  11. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was on the fence about this figure since I have the original but I picked it up at the local Wallyworld while searching for Cosmos in vain. I have to say I am glad I did pick this one up. Granted there has been a 16 year between figures but this one is light years ahead of the original and unlike the original can stand up on it's own. Bring on the Dark Nitro Convoy repaint!

• Like Like x 4
  12. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Managed to snag one doing a weekly Walmart grocery pick up. I was not a fan of the original but I am loving the new one mainly because she is more streamlined and has better arms than the original.

She does have some issues where the red is kinda smeared onto the white in some places and the gun fits very loose in her hands. But other than that, I'm happy with her. 4.5 out of 5.

• Like Like x 4
  13. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    I like the design, looks like something out of a Japanese anime, very vibrant and stylised

• Like Like x 4
  14. falderal

falderal Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  15. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There seems to be a widespread misassembly with her; the feet are swapped left to right resulting in the pins showing on top of the car mode. I wonder if that's also why the ankle rockets seem a bit limited.

PXL_20220812_212438447.jpg

Vs the stock renders:

cbbaaa3b-60d9-4f72-ae32-58c1cebd546f.184579238b33959d170845359fc618c1.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  16. AoE

AoE OUR WORLDS ARE IN DANGER

News Credits:
    Beyond the chest transformation kind of scaring me with needing to push in the sides and my fear of flexing the plastic too much I love her.

17. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    Huh. Possible last minute change maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  18. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Vehicle mode is a step backwards, but the robot mode is pretty fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  19. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

I don't see this point - Nitro Convoy is from 17 years ago. A solid decade before, e.g. RID 2015 Sideswipe.

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They pretty much took the CG model from the anime for the robot mode, and worked backward to get the car mode. Car mode suffers as a result of how many liberties were taken for the character's show model.

• Like Like x 1