Transformers Legacy United Shard leaked

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by The13Primes, Jan 30, 2024.

1. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a rock should be able to fly. Its blades are too small to get its heavy little body off the ground. The rock , of course, flies anyway, because rocks don't care what humans think is impossible."

• Like Like x 11
  2. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    My personal opinion:

Rocks can fly, especially when it get chucked by someone

• Like Like x 11
  3. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What if Shard can't fly under their own power and has to be Fastball Special'd at enemies? And in mid-arc only turns the propellers to act as a shredding weapon?

• Like Like x 7
  4. fartsniffer42

fartsniffer42 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    these rock lords are so cool i want more rock planes plain rocks rock boats rock cars

• Like Like x 5
  5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Hmmm.... Maybe 16+ years of TF collecting experience. Or the hundreds of TF fans on social media tearing this figure a new one w/o any help from me...

And here I thought I was being generous by mentioning 200 eventually buying it.... Since there's only 10 people co-signing you, let's just keep the number there.

6. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, No! This sounds lime shill and Bot 101 talk. Just hoping that IDW fans are too naive to understand that Hasbro can do whatever the hell they want. This crappy gimmick being proof of that. FYI giving Kaon the Shockwave treatment (changing his alt-mode a little but not his soul) will not be a d@mn issue. Your ideas for the DJD figures isn't all that they have to work with... At one point they released 3 back to back Leader class Phase 6ers which all sold well. And so do DJD 3P figures, so save it...

Hasbro is the company dealing with layoffs due to poor sales here. So ignoring many of our request and releasing "Rock-formers" is NOT going to change things.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  7. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Aww.... if only pandering to the easily impressed could prevent the thousands of layoffs Hasbro has planned.

If you love the figure, buy 20 of'em. But since it doesn't change Hasbro's overall dilemma, allow me to lobby for items some of the rest of us will actually buy.

8. linkinparkirony

linkinparkirony #1 NFT Hater

News Credits:
    The discourse about the rock lords all just canonizes my fanfiction where Deathsaurus becomes an omnipotent god that hops universes, tearing holes in the space time continuum and is responsible for the Legacy trilogy, which also destroyed Infernac and brought some of it's residents into the Transformers universe where they adopted alt modes to blend in and eventually united with Thundertron over their shared hatred of Cybertronians, and it also connects CRiD and Robotmasters' versions of Tow-Line as the same guy who got amnesia twice and became a Decepticon and a Junkion

• Like Like x 7
  9. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

The DJD (Except Tarn) are a bunch of one-off villains. We are not talking about important characters here, they're mooks. I'll admit Straxus started as a one-off mook, but let me tell you, I think most people here would appreciate a new toy of him above any of the DJD any time soon for the simple fact Straxus has done things and has a personality

Also like, let's be honest, you cannot compare them to the TR leaders, as those leader classes weren't made to fill out the Phase Sixer roster. They were made as Sixshot (Long, LONG standing character who hadn't had an update in years, famously killed Ultra Magnus), Overlord (Main villain of a Japanese TV show, came to prominance as a main villain in IDW). Black Shadow probably only got in due to the IDW connection but like, he's still Black Shadow, one of the more interesting figures from history due to that early English translation that had him as a space gangster and being a Thunderwing remold, which drew a lot of interest to him in the past

Also speaking of poor sales, you do know the 3rd party DJD didn't sell great, right? Like, Tarn sold well, so did Vos, but the others absolutely did not. Tesarus was languishing in stores until just recently, as it turned out only diehards wanted a Commander sized figure of such an obscure character. That's why we'll probably see a Vos (Who's alt mode will be changed due to "Physics". I own the 3rd party one and that thing is too fragile to be sold at retail to kids, they're going to change his alt mode simply due to wanting a solid toy that won't break. Probably just a larger gun rather than anything too crazy)

And hey, good for you wanting 'em. I've been wanting a modern Stalker with articulation for years since roughly, oh, when Cyb Defence Red Alert came out in Cybertron. We could get Talon instead of Kaon, y'know, and he'd be much more useful due to being a deluxe-scale jetformer who can combine rather than, a chair, and an easy remold option for so, so many jetformers. We could get a Sideways, he'd only need too be Voyager at the max. If we're only talking the bigger DJD members, well, we've got so many I'd prefer over them. Gutcruncher, Straxus, Banzaitron, Transmetal Optimus/Megatron/Inferno, Depth Charge, Rampage, Polar Claw, Big Convoy, Dreadwing and Smokescreen (gattling gun be illing, plus that's an easy repaint into Starscream and BB, or the pair who combined with Armada Galvatron), the Blentrons (plus their western repaints), Jetstorm, Tankor, Obsidian, Strika, RID Sky Byte, RID Gigatron, Armada Scavenger, Cybertron Scourge, Cybertron Leobreaker, Animated Blitzwing, Animated Megatron, Animated Bulkhead, Animated Warpath, Prime Breakdown, Prime Hardshell, Prime Airachnid. The list goes on and on, and the kicker? These are all characters who pre-exist the DJD existence as a whole. I didn't even mention Devcon, who has a leg up on Kaon due to having a more marketable alt mode of 'truck' rather than 'chair'.

Releasing rockformers isn't going to change things, but coming up with new characters is what this line does. The DJD are indeed just that, new characters. Heck, the armorizers have more history to them if you tie in the various rock monsters in Transformers history, these are basically new versions of old G1 generics. Which, technically gives them more history than the DJD ever had. If you're going to complain about new characters showing up? Then you're complaining the DJD exist at all and saying they should be removed from the franchise.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rock boats feels very impractical.

• Like Like x 1
  11. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

A pumice transformer might be able work if all the pores were sealed up to keep the air/gases in!
    Also, physics don't matter.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Lunatic Prime

Lunatic Prime Former Prime and light piping fetishist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, just grab your arguments out of thin air :thumb 
    Hasbro‘s real problem is the whole market. Action figures or physical toys as a whole don’t sell that well these days in general. And if you try to sell people the same stuff over and over again it doesn’t get any better.

But haters gotta hate…

• Like Like x 5
  13. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    Yeah, they’d sink like a stone.

>_>

<_<

*runs away*

• Like Like x 9
  14. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Personally prefer rock submarines
    *Jumps into ocean and converts into sub mode*
    *Doesn't turn on propellors and hits the bottom*
    *Converts to robot mode and uses propellors to walk faster*
    *Does what he needs to, turns into "sub" mode and unleashes a massive energy blast that rockets him back to surface levels*

• Like Like x 1
  15. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who is this "us" that you speak of?

And why are you so against new things?
    Really? I've been collecting for nearly as long, yet I'm not able to tell what figures will sit and not sell.
    Are you clairvoyant? Or just full of it?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    • Like Like x 8
  16. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

Agree to disagree.

17. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

Have your fun.
    I'm not saying they shouldn't exist.
    I'm saying they belong in a different line and deserve their own lore.
    Lore if fun, too.

18. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

That's fair enough.
    I'm just saying they shouldn't put the cart before the horse.

19. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    That would certainly explain why their propellers are sword!

What if Shard is a weapon used by Metroplex counterpart that turn into a cave made of rock? We can even call it Ben Cavlec!

• Like Like x 1
  20. John Titor

John Titor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the QR codes brought you to the bios and tech specs.The links are available on the characters TF wiki page
    Axlegrease Decepticon - Transformers Legacy

While I’m sure many fans would rather get the DJD, making one toy over another wont change Hasbro’s financial issue nor avoid layoffs.
    Also, the design team is working on the DJD. We’ll see if something comes of it some day.