Transformers Legacy Leader Blitzwing First Look & In-Hand Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by CactusReporter, Mar 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    Better to use a straight on picture of Blitzwing for comparison

1648325129303.jpg upload_2022-3-24_12-58-38.png

I like a good complex transformation but Springer is a pain in the ass. Not complex, just some tabs and slots that don't go together and come apart as smoothly or easily as they should, especially in the torso

Also, wow, this may be the most passive aggressive comment I've seen on this site in my 5 years of being here

• Like Like x 7
  2. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Paleontologist Extraordinaire

News Credits:
    I prefer literally all aspects of the Legacy version. All of the modes, not just bot mode. I think they all look better.

• Like Like x 5
  3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The TR alt modes are flawed overall, so it's somewhat easy to get past the oddities and take the toy as it is. The Legacy alt modes are nearly perfect, that the small imperfections/incongruities stand out even more harshly.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Arkimus Prime

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's what confuses me about people bringing the TR one up. The only way it is superior to the new one is price point.

which is a legitimate thing that ticks me off but eh whatever just chalk it up to engineering costs or somethin

• Like Like x 3
  5. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I, uh, the Legacy jet mode is better than the TR jet mode? Huh?

The more I look at this fig the more likely I am to get him but, that doesn’t mean I think this fig has alt modes that are much better than the TR alt modes. And in fact I think the TR jet mode is the best jet mode we’ve gotten. The overall lines just seem more “right” in my opinion.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Arkimus Prime

News Credits:
    The new one is far cleaner on top. So, yes, in my not-so-humble opinion, it is. Thanks for asking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  7. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Legacy Blitzwing is an absolute unit.

• Like Like x 8
  8. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I noticed that too, just never pointed it out---it's ironic though, since on the original toy, those are the jet's tailplanes, yet this mold has no tailplanes at all. So it's kind of faux kibble? But more like faux detail than kibble?

• Like Like x 2
  9. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think it's more for the robot mode, TBH.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

That's one of the things I hated about the original Blitzwing (the other being the tank turret).

The TR Jet at least fits in with the Earthrise Seekers other than its crappy stickers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good point, actually. It definitely impacts the silhouette and is consistent with his character model.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    OK, it's settled, I need the new one.

13. wings

wings Well-Known Member

that's why so many people would feel so righteous to use (steal) screenshots from his review (many discussion videos on YouTube) without accrediting him :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

I mean, he's not stealing them directly, but probably has a guy in the factory who grabs samples for him. I just don't care.

Thankfully I got Devastation before it went off, but I didn't have enough money to get WFC and FOC before they delisted them. Still butthurt about that one

15. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

I’m sure it’s been posted in here a few times but this is funny stuff. Like many, I’m pro-cartoon accuracy even when it’s wrong, and boy was it wrong

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  16. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Profiting from someone else's work in a way that our entire premise claims we consider unethical is fine as long as the other person does it first," it is then?

I don't care either personally. But for those who do, that's the thing. "Probably" is a far cry from, "We definitely know this is what's happening and are comfortable basing our responses to it on that confirmed knowledge."

(Note: I don't know what the truth of the situation is either. I have no dog in the fight/horse in the race/whatever idiom one wishes to interject. Nor do I particularly care in this instance. I'm just musing.)

17. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am just not seeing that.
    TR:
    The intakes are cleaner
    The triangle shape is more present under the wings.
    And then there’s everything not under the wings that clogs up the Legacy design.

There are some things going for the Legacy figure indeed but jet mode isn’t one of them. IMHO.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arguing over which Blitzwing figure has the best jet mode feels like arguing which Transformers movie is better: Age of Extinction or Last Knight.

• Like Like x 6
  19. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

Just watched the review. Man I would've rather had a parts forming peice to cover the front of tank mode instead of those goofy, hands? That goes for Astrotrains coal car too.

Still all things considered Hasbro just keeps nailing these guys! What did they do swap the MP and CHUG Designers when Seige started? I feel like we're finally getting the TFs we deserve. Starting to think I should tub the MPs and display the CHUGS!

• Like Like x 12
  20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You're correct. He, himself, is not the person responsible for the theft of those figures from the factory floor. I'll be fair when it's due and this is a time when it's due.

And that's your right, just as it's the right of others to feel the same way about the TR version. Voice it, man. If you love it, love it.

I don't know about that. I don't feel they're that flawed. The tank coloring isn't animation accurate, admittedly, and the robot mode has to take liberties due to the nature of the mold, but all in all, I think it's a more streamlined and slightly better-proportioned figure in the alt-mode department. The Legacy alt modes are perfect to the animation model, but as toys go, it's nowhere near where it could be.

That's not really true, though. Both the TR and Legends versions command a higher price than this, especially if you go for a minty sealed specimen. (If you go for Legends, it's double, easily.) That said, just because you don't see it doesn't mean they're wrong. You're applying your POV to every inch of it and not seeing it from another's perspective. You have the right to do that, but don't be surprised when they counter you, repeatedly, for it. I personally think the robot mode on both versions looks top-notch. I think the tanks on both versions are pretty dang solid. I think the jet mode on the Legacy is where they dropped the ball by being so dang slavish to G1 animation. And even then, they didn't nail it. They could've easily shrunk the tank kibble under those wings. It's ridiculous looking, which is partly why some are enraptured by the Legacy version. And to them, I say "Enjoy your Blitzwing." To the rest of us who aren't enraptured by it, you're not alone. That number is slowly growing.

Exactly. It's far more streamlined and homages the jet mode in the animation slightly better than the Legacy version does. I mean, Legacy's version has to stow those parts somewhere, sure, but man...it's flying around with saddlebag syndrome.

Exactly.

I'm not sure why they didn't just take the G1 original mold (which was reasonable in all modes given the time) and just refine it and give it articulation that it never had before. I think a lot of us would've been far more accepting of it if it had been more neutral like an upgraded G1. (Toon head, of course.)

C'mon, now. I know you're trying to make a point, here, and it might even be valid, but let's not fall into hyperbole here. Arguing about this is leaps and bounds better than either of those movies and both of these figures offer something to the audience, those movies offered brain rot. And no, nerds fighting on the internet over which version of the toy is better is nowhere near as bad as the brain rot provided by Bay and his Romeo + Juliet scene versus WTF TLK was. Let's not go that silly, now.

Y'know? I find this to be a reasonable middle ground. Yeah, attachments/partsforming would've worked better than what we got here. I know people would've complained about the partsforming, but my gosh, it's better than giant gauntlets that look like something out of...well, nightmares.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.