Transformers Kre-O - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Jun 9, 2011.

1. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought basic Prime to dip my toes on the pool and I am convinced. I'll buy the bigger sets when I have spare cash and no actual TFs to buy.

2. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Keep the bios coming. They are funny to me. Especially Megatron's

3. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone have Sentinel Prime yet?

4. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up sentinel and Jazz on sale at TRU and they are great figures especially the Kreons

5. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

super pictures. :) 

prime and starscream are next for me.

i still havent had time to put any together, but i picked up a few at the buy one get one 25% off sale at tru.

so ive got...

prowl
    bumblebee (larger)
    sideswipe
    jazz
    mirage

i hope they do hound, thundercracker, skywarp, soundwave, and shockwave in the next wave. ill take a mercedes soundwave in G1 colors please.

6. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I just wanna say this Kre-O line is Awesome As He**, I have basic Prime and Jazz,but I'm going back to TRU for more in a few hours.And I wish I could get all of them I'm just gonna get some duplicates of Prime and Jazz,and also basic Bee too.

Later this month if I have any money left after paying bills I might go get one or two of the bigger Kre-O's like Ratchet and Sideswipe (those 2 are RADICAL).Also I plan on taking my Kreon Jazz and spiffing him up like painting windows in his door wings and details like stripes.Later guys.

7. Boose

Boose Kup's Recruits

Here's a few pictures of my re-built Jazz. The arms were sort of just attached to give him a full robot feeling, but I am waiting on buying another jazz and using the ball joints to create new shoulders and arms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Showing off the new articulated knees:
    [​IMG]

Had a friend of mine point out that LEGO Hero Factory or Mega Bloks ODST large figure have black hands that could be used in rebuilds if needed. I like the fact that since its a building block, you can incorporate other style pieces from other brands, just like people who make custom Transformers use Gundam pieces.

8. Dynobot Prime

Dynobot Prime Kup's Recruits

Yeeeyeeeaaah!!!!!!

9. Shinobi Rendar

Shinobi Rendar Artobot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Nicely Done! I also got Jazz and was left wanting more out of him. I'm also thinking of getting another jazz plus a Prowl and do a new one.

I want that big Prime so bad!

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's what I'm talking about man, awesome!

11. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    So far, I only own the Megatron set. I really enjoy this guy, in both modes, and I do have fun building him both ways. I need to sit down and find the time to build a trailer for him out of lego.

The Kreons, sorry guys, suck major ass. ALL of my kreons have stress marks on their limbs where joints meet, and stuff connects. One of them has a split arm from the hand piece, and thats only after leaving it in the box. The design is cool, but wow, shitty plastic ruins it!

12. Salty

Salty Fritobot

Finally saw these at my local TRU and got a few of the sets. I've only built Jazz so far...I like it.

13. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up Ratchet and Megatron today.

I have a feeling I'm going to be at least getting one of each character in this line. I can't wait to see further waves.

14. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    I've only noticed stress marks on my human Kreons (their wrists, specifically). The Transformer ones are fine.

I am enjoying the actual builds though, even though I mainly wanted the Kreons. Loving Ratchet.

15. jonwes

jonwes Active Member

Made the alt and robot forms of Sideswipe today, and I also made the alt mode of Ratchet.

I think Sideswipe has become one of my favorites. His was the first alt mode I made and I was surprised I found it just as fun to make it as I did the robots. For one thing, it's actually very cool! There are a ton of cool details and they did an amazing job of taking a bunch of bricks and making them look like a "sleek" car. There is a lot of clever use of very robot-centric parts (like hinges) in inventive ways to conserve bricks.

[​IMG]

It's so cool that they included humans to interact with the alt modes. They add a really fun element. I love the back of his alt mode too. It is odd that they only have one seat though even though both doors open.

[​IMG]

As much fun as the alt mode is, the robot still shines.

[​IMG]

The only mods I made from the instructions was adding the wheel-well decorations to his legs over the wheels (just made sense) and modifying his gun with some spare parts. I thought the gun was a little uninspiring the way it was made in the book.

[​IMG]

Sideswipe has fantastic articulation! (Note to self - dust art table before taking dramatically lit photos on it.)

[​IMG]

Not only does he have great articulation, but the ball and socket joints are so stiff he can hold a pose like this!

[​IMG]

Now for Ratchet alt-mode. It's a TON of fun. Ratchet is very cool in robot mode, but the added bonus of the stretcher for the little human figures and all the tools you can attach to him just kick it up a notch. Although I did have to remove the EMT's hat to get him to fit in the cabin as it's a bit snug... and overall Ratchet's alt form is much smaller that Sideswipe's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    ^^^awesome!

Ratchets a for sure buy for me <3

I think what would put me over the edge with sideswipe were if he came with arm blades D:

17. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Weren't these supposed to launch on the 1st? I haven't seen any sets yet, or even space for them to put them. :( 

18. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    What stores have you checked? Target and Walmart should have them in stock soon. TRU has them...

19. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I don't have a TRU near me, but I've checked 2 Walmart's, a Target, and a Meijer, and haven't found anything. It's strange, too, because Walmart and Target did a minor reset on the 1st, so I was sure these would be involved.

20. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I'd been waiting on getting these until my TRU got in Mirage, which they finally did this week. I absolutely love them, and this is coming from someone who was never really Lego crazy as a kid. I love stuff like Gundam kits and the old "assembly required" Joe vehicles, and while these are a lot simpler, I like that you can rebuild and reconfigure easily. And, as we all know, the head sculpts are fantastic.

As I was rebuilding Mirage, though, I thought of exactly where this line should go... someone's probably already said it, but I want Constructicons. Package them individually, like the old school combiners, and you can eventually put them together into Devastator. That would be awesome.