Transformers Kre-O - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Yeah, they should've just upped him up a bit and made him the same price point as Jazz and Mirage.

The sad thing is that even though I'm mainly after the Kreons, the smaller Bumblebee looks great and I'll probably pick him up anyways.

2. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Got Mirage. He's really cool. I love the Mirage Kreon's face and helmet, great contrast to a smirking Jazz.

Definitely going to pick up Ratchet and the small Bumblebee, but I'll have to see how Ratchet is before I decide to leave which mode to leave these guys in.

3. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i bought the prowl. the little kreon guy is real cool. ill build the robot and see how i like it tonight.

my son and i like our legos so i thought id give it a try.

id like to see the different kreo robots built next to each other for size comparison.

4. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

has anyone seen these at a walmart? ive only seen then at toys r us and that was 50 miles away.

5. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Yeah I think they're currently just at TRU. I haven't seen them at Target nor Walmart... give it time, they should be there soon...

EDIT: I thought I would share my Kre-O sets... in all honesty, these things are magnificent! The last time I played with Legos was when I was 8-9 years old. I'm currently 30 and this brought alot of memories to my childhood. I definitely recommend everyone to at least pick at least one set up. Currently my favs are Big BB, Sideswipe, & Ratchet. I also took a group pic of all the sets I own.. I also picked up Megatron yesterday but haven't gotten around to building it yet. I can't wait it to get the rest of them. I know there some people that dislike these but overall they are great, they combine Lego fans & Tformers fans alike. Everything feels solid and nothing feels like it's going to break apart, they're built tough..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Im loving these guys, I made a little "Rollar" for my Prime that I havent bought yet, haha.

[​IMG]

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Anyone build more "conventional" arms for basic Jazz, Prowl and Prime? I HATE just having elbow articulation on the arms and outward movement for the shoulders!

8. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently the wide release date for the whole line is July 1st, TRU likely scored some deal to get them early.

9. Boose

Boose Kup's Recruits

I completely remade my Jazz, giving him knee articulation. I can't post pics until probably wednesday, but I can if you would like.

Thinking about picking up another one just to make him look as good as possible. Or thinking bout getting a Prowl, and using Jazz's head and other pieces, to make a actual white Jazz.

10. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate that the only ones I want out of this line are the larger, more expensive ones. I'm gonna pick up Megatron and see how that goes. I'm eyeing the Ratchet and larger bumblebee after that.

11. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Do get the larger Bumblebee if you decide to get that next, the articulation on that is just incredible.. ball joints everywhere... Ratchet is a little limited but overall decent..

12. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

sweet. thanks for the pics. ill wait for a bigger optimus prime set i guess. im disappointed in jazz, being silver and so short. the rest look good. : )

13. Rayatron

Rayatron New Member

I picked up Sideswipe and built the robot mode. Not too bad, liked the fact that he has a weapon built into his right arm. On the fence about picking up any others. Sideswipe looked the best out of the ones available, but the larger Bumblebee was looking good too.

14. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    For Sideswipe I used the extra left over pieces for his feet, just to kind of stabilize his balance. I thought the feet were to small compared to the amount of built his upper torso is comprised of.

[​IMG]

15. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have pix of the bots in their alt modes? I got Jazz and Prowl and I am wondering how they look compared to Ratchet, Big BB, and Sideswipe.

16. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I have the small Optimus Prime and took apart the truck mode to build robot mode. Everything is fine till it came with the tires. Anyone knows how to separate the tire from the brick piece? I'm afraid to break it.

17. Ruminus

Ruminus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kre-O Megatron Shoulder Mod

Hey all, I've really been enjoying the Kre-O sets, but I felt Megatron's upper body needed some beefing up; specifically his shoulders looked really weak; so I used some of the extra parts that are left over when you assemble him in bot mode and make him look a little more intimidating.

I've posted instructions and photos here: http://bradicusprime.shutterfly.com/

So check it out and have fun! If you like it great, if you don't...oh well :) 

Cheers!
    Ruminus

18. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Uh... Are you sure you built the lower legs right? Maybe that kinda attriibuted to some of it :p 

[​IMG]

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd like to see them!

20. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like them but personally, I'm more into the Lego Technic. If they were more like that then I would buy them all. Right now they just have the ball joints. But eh wont happen.