Transformers Kre-O - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Laservampire

Laservampire Well-Known Member

Just built Prowl today. The vehicle mode looks great (and has enough spare parts to do some nice mods), but the bot mode is more like Sir Gorilla Arms Herp-Derpington III.

I thought Basic Optimus looked funny!

2. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    HASBRO HAS LISTENED TO MY PLEAS!

I just found out that one of the new Constructicons is named Drillbit, and just look at him!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Just got Starscream for $20. Pretty cool jet. Not sure if I'm gonna transform him, though. Maybe when the next wave comes out.

4. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh, an obscure Beast Wars homage! Clever, Hasbro. Very clever.

5. Feel

Feel Well-Known Member

Hi guys!

This is some mods I did for my Megatron.

Seeing this thread made me want to customize my Kre-Os too. As of now, I only have 3. 2 of them are customized, only my Bumblebee still awaits to be upgraded.
    I'll take pics of mu Starscream to show you what i've done with it later.

Attached Files:

6. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    So I have opened Cycle Chase and Decepticon Ambush. Wow. All of the Kreons really pop in these sets. I am considering buying another set of each to double up on my Vehicon and Autobot Trooper forces. The painted torsos on these figures are just wonderful. Well, Cliffjumper may be a little boring, they should have done like a light blue, like his eyes, for the window bits. Still, he has painted horns! :rock  The launcher on Barricades cycle gives me some fun. I'm sure it is nothing innovative but I have a blast with it. The faction chest symbols that come with these sets are cool. For now they are just sitting on road block strip along with the shiny extra torsos. I'll find use for them eventually.

Of the Microchangers I have opened up Scorponok, Galvatron, Spinister and Waspinator. I'll have to get some pictures up as I prefer to incorporate all of the bits into their backpacks. For now at least. Unfortunately Spinister came with stressing on his arms around his hands. Scorponok has stressing on one of his arm extensions. I think that arm is attached to was a little off in formation, skinny in the biceps as the insect legs on that arm is loose, but thick on the forearm as it stressed the extension. I know Lego has a some pretty tight tolerances and slightly more soft plastic. Hopefully Hasbro will make adjustments in their manufacturing process after this year's line to reduce stressing.

I cannot wait to pick up more of the big sets from this year. I don't have the original Bumblebee and I might just keep skipping it.

7. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    I still can't believe the micro changers have yet to show up here at all.

I need Kre-On Galvatron!

I'm waiting for a sale / clearance on the bigger sets but the little $12 kits with the Vehicons keep catching my eye.. I'll probably grab one the next time I'm out.

8. Feel

Feel Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried to combine the small Kre-Os into one massive original Transformer? Kinda like Voltron who uses multiple vehicles for its robot form.

I plan to try that as soon as I can get'em all for cheap but I was wondering if it had already been done.

9. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh god, I've started army building the vehicons and Autotroopers. This is going to be a dark path I'm treading.