Transformers Kre-O - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Contact Hasbro about that. There might be a link in this thread, but not sure. I remember people having problems getting the worng OP Kre-O figure (Matrix Prime vs. "regular" Prime) and I remember someone saying that Hasbro was going to replace them. I imagine they would do the same with the missing/wrong parts.

2. Optimus997

Optimus997 Well-Known Member

I love this line. Not perfect by any means, but I've had great results improving each figure as I get more familiar with it. For examples, Prowls original build has his shoulders too low, so I fixed that (sort of, I think he just needs smaller arms) and gave him a more accurate backpack and shoulder cannons by borrowing unused pieces from Sentinel Prime. I'm tempted to buy another Prowl kit to create an even better version, or a Ratchet set to give Prowl wider shoulders.
    [​IMG]

3. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got Ratchet and overall like the set and all it's accessories but eh on the small head. Those stickers need to be improved because they peel and aren't too redo friendly.

4. PurdueAV2003

PurdueAV2003 Engineer

News Credits:
    I've enjoyed the two figures I've bought, Megatron and the small BB. I'm not a big Lego/Building Blocks guy, and the figures are okay (the Megatron is now on my shelf with his other incarnations). What I enjoyed most, was that my daughter IS really into Lego stuff right now. She helped me put Megatron together, and she did most of BB on her own. The Father/Daughter time was probably the most enjoyable part of the experience. I'll probably buy a few more for us to work on.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    just picked up starscream, can't wait to build him, still no matter what store i go to the only sets they carry are the two smallest sets, big bumblebee, starscream, megatron, and prime

i want to get the other sets, but i can't find them

mainly all i got left is big prime and the two small sets that i can buy that i can find in stores

i want sentinel!

so 3 sets down, 9 more to go!

still want to see what is gonna happen to that hound and ironhide kreons that we saw at i think was toyfair

6. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Just got Jazz and they are nice solid sets. Pretty fin i think.

7. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am only interested in the kreon figures not the transforming ones. Wish they were sold separately.

8. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    They are too expensive. In the UK Optimus Prime is £70.00!

9. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Same here. I stumbled across them in the toy aisle the other day, I gave a few of them the once-over, I put them back on the shelf & walked over to the Lego aisle. The mini-figs don't look too bad but if you can't buy them separately (or in 5-packs etc.), Well then I'll just re-direct my money somewhere else.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love this addictive line.

So far I got Megs, Big Prime, basic BB, Prowl, Jazz, Mirage, Sideswipe, Ratchet and Starscream.

So far my faves are Prime, Starscream, and basic bee. Least fav is ratchet. He just seems to be so blah compared to the others. Next i'll get Sentinel then big bee. Little basic prime is an easy pass for now..

11. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Bought Megatron about two-three weeks ago.

BLAH. I quickly grew bored with him, and I haven't touched him in about a week and a half.

The vehicle was ... there, suppose. Nothing to write home about. Hell, I recommend just building the robot.

The robot falls apart relatively easy, especially during play. Little bits fall off, and he enjoys breaking in half. He's not as stable as I would've liked, either. His proportions look better in person, I think. And he's a tall drink of water. Still, I was fairly let down.

The Kreons were pretty damn awesome. Megatron looks super cool, and pretty cute at the same time. It's a contradiction, almost. Shockles is pretty badass too. I kinda cracked his wrist socket, but whatever. I love them. I have them on my nightstand. I didn't even open the human Kreons. They just rubbed me the wrong way. They looked so bland and a hell of a lot less charming than the robots. They just kinda ... sucked.

That said, I do kinda want that Prime. Space issues and price are the other determining factors here. Sideswipe doesn't look terrible either, but I don't really want him... Starscream, Prowl, and Jazz look pretty goddamn horrific as well. Overall, my introduction to Kre-O was fairly disappointing, if not pretty shitty. I had not very high hopes to start with, but I was still let down. Except for the Kreons. Those li'l bastards are ultimate. SINGLE PACKZ, PLZ?

12. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

I've got Prowl and Mirage so far, Prowl isn't that great but Mirage is awesome! He even uses all his parts for his robot mode (with only 2 leftovers, which can be stuck onto his back) and his vehicle mode is also good. The kreons themselves ROCK!

13. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Got Prime, Prime, BB, BB, SS and Megatron. They're cool, but I still don't understand why they gave Prime, Meg and BB G1 head with movie bodies.

14. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    hmm... If you go to target and see the little Kreon display, The Ironhide Kreon is in the place where the sideswipe should be...... What set is the Ironhide Kreon even in?

15. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's not. We've assumed that he'll be in the second wave of sets.

I was debating pointing it out to the people in my Target and asking them if they'd let me trade my Sideswipe for him.

16. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Yesterday guys I decided to get big kreo bumblebee,and even tho he ROCKS in both forms,I wanna say of all the kreo's this bee is the king of leftover pieces,there was almost enough to build half a figure or car,it seemed like he had about 75 or 80 pieces left over.I just wish Hasbro had added some extra pieces so you could have both modes.But like I said I am pretty happy with him.Later guys.

17. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    REALLY interesting news guys. I went to Target (got Prowl) and they redesigned their toy aisles, and they had two awesome displays, one of which had nearly all of the Kreons. But guess what, instead of Sideswipe, they had Ironhide. He looks really cool in person. Took a picture and I'll upload it later.

18. Shinobi Rendar

Shinobi Rendar Artobot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    do it NOW!

:) 

19. jleezy79

jleezy79 Well-Known Member

I like the Kreons. The sets are way better than I thought they would be. Still not as developed as Lego but they are off to a good start.

20. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Sideswipe and Bumblebee (BigBee) are superb. Great starter toys for those interested in the line.