Transformers Kingdom Walmart Listings - New Deluxe Price

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been thinking about this. That jump from $20 to $30 for TLK and Siege was such a shock to the system. I guess we had gone way too long with DX at about $20 CAD that a backlog of price increases all hit at once? lol.

Either way, if they do a proportional increase for Canada, DX will be $34.49 now. (+$4.50). Which doesn't sound too terrible until you realize that (depending on province), you'll be paying about $40 once tax is added. "$40 deluxe" just hurts to say, regardless of if it's justified.

Either way, we still do a little better than EU/AU folks, so look at the silver lining, I guess ;_;

• Like Like x 3
  2. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

For somebody like me that dropped out of the game when deluxes were $10, then came back to deluxes being $15, looking at $23 in just another few years seems pretty ridiculous.

• Like Like x 4
  3. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess its fine

4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I\'m okay with this I\'ve seen an improvement in quality this time around.  

• Like Like x 2
  5. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

I'm already selective of what Transformers I buy. Since I buy 90% of them on sale, the price increase isn't going to affect me that much. I also have little to no interest in BW. The only one that would be interesting to me is if there is a Fossilizer Styracosaurus.

But for all of you BW fans out there, if this price point prevents you from supporting the line, it may be the final nail in the coffin of BW for another decade or two.

• Like Like x 5
  6. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

They want $23 and they can’t even match paint to plastic *pft

• Like Like x 6
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Wonder if this is Hasbro or Walmart. Often their online prices are reflective of other sellers and etailers. Guess we'll find out Saturday when preorders start.

And, FTR, this is a big reason I was not a huge fan of "SCALE/ACCURACY uber alles." That engineering gets expensive.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Prime Rising

Prime Rising Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you want big, cheap Transformers, then these are for you.

20200922_125927.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Affordable, screen-accurate, complex transformation...pick two.

• Like Like x 2
  10. StarMaverick

StarMaverick Nemesis Command Upgrader

News Credits:
    Open your eyes people! It's called Inflation! The Figures are Not becoming more expensive, the Dollar is becoming worth less! Any real economists can explain this to you. I'm actually shocked that Voyagers are still $30 Bucks! Hasbro is most likely taking a loss on this just to keep them at that price point a little longer. Hasbro is not at all being greedy! This is actually very sad! Look around you, everything is becoming more expensive, the global economy is crashing! It is the end of an era, and the times are changing! The Dollar is losing value faster than ever before! And this is the world that our children will be left with!

• Like Like x 2
  11. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Whats the problem?

Toy prices will likely continue to rise until we get to that Star Trek point in the world

12. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    ^This. the Prime Wars era felt like the right prices for the value of each size class IMHO. You actually felt like a leader was worth $45 in PotPs. Despite the supposition the $50 Leaders are weighing in at about the same, I can't get past most of them being (smallish) Voyagers with extra crap almost no one really wants.

the Voyager and the Core classes are the only ones I feel like are priced reasonably right. (and the prior Battlemaster/Micromaster price points were way too high for what you got in those packages... just comparing the build complexity to the old Minicon 3 packs...)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I'm already paying $24 + tax for deluxes at my Walmarts... Whats another $5 or so? :rolleyes:  o_O  :oops:  :mad:  :confused: 

• Like Like x 1
  14. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

What you should be asking yourself is are you getting a yearly raise of at least 3% to match inflation?

• Like Like x 22
  15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I remember reading posts during the Prime Wars trilogy that people were willing to pay higher prices for figures if they offer more complexity and worth to them. Talk about the irony being strong here.

• Like Like x 7
  16. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    inflation =/= 20-25% price increases every 2-3 years. it's just unsustainable, unless they're going to go purely DTC aimed at collectors.

like I posted last page:
    Inflation:
    1996-2020 $10 = $18.95
    2008-2020 $13 = $15.35

by that, and adding in all the other factors (EG: everything they've removed in the last 10 years, increased labor and shipping costs, decreased raw materials costs), I'd say $17-18 is where Deluxes should be sitting.
    well, that was easy.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  17. Prime Rising

Prime Rising Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. Hasbro has more than one Transformers line. If WFC is too expensive for some people, then maybe Cyberverse is better quality/price ratio for them.

18. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  19. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

America still has one of the best prices though, in Canada deluxe classes are $30 and I've heard in New Zealand that they are $40(not sure is this is true, if you are from New Zealand can you confirm?,) but idk this is probably because of exchange rates

• Like Like x 5
  20. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, what Walmart charges is what Target will probably base their pricing decision on. Target probably COULD compete with Walmart on toy prices if they feel like it but they don't give a damn and prefer to stick their nose in the air like they are "better" than Walmart. So if Walmart and Target stay unified on price, Pulse and various online retailers will go along with it.

For me personally, I was probably going to skip most of the BW stuff anyhow. This news makes that decision easier. It really isn't a "I can't afford this or that now" thing, since I could afford it if I feel like it. It is just another irritant now.

+-MWG-+

• Like Like x 1