Transformers Kingdom Walmart Listings - New Deluxe Price

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Sep 22, 2020.

1. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    So Deluxe class is now expensive.

2. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If that's the case, I'm out. Not going to pay that much. I'll call it quits collecting.

3. Matthew Haskett

Matthew Haskett Well-Known Member

This started with Centurion, actually.

4. Riddler87

Riddler87 semi-retired transformers collector

Hopefully, the quality of the figures will go up as well. Next year is going to be crazy with both Studio Series and Kingdom, and if I get to the end of next year and I feel that between Thrilling 30, Prime Wars, War for Cybertron, and Studio Series if I pretty feel I have the collection I've always wanted it would be a good time to get out of collecting and these price increases are another reason for me to consider that.

Edit: Right now this is just a Wal-Mart listing other stores can still charge lower prices. We'll know more if anything goes up for preorder during Pulsecon this weekend.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    So all the various accessories included with Centurion should be offered as free extras instead, or what?

• Like Like x 7
  6. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    My collecting has been slowing down. I mostly buy movie stuff and that's about it. The deluxe price is going to slowly push me away further.

We know these prices will continue to climb every few years, little by little. Unless I get a better job, I'm slowly getting priced out of these figures. It sucks..

7. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    Impactor is a larger than average deluxe so if they're around the same height then Hot Rod would be a larger than average deluxe

Not really. It's a $20 deluxe bundled with $10 worth of accessories. And I think a lot of people would probably have paid more than $10 for the accessories.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2020
  8. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remember the days when deluxes were 9.99 and went on sale at Walmart for 7.77 on a regular basis?

Dang, am I getting old? If I recall correctly DOTM was the first time we saw a price increase from that 9.99 level... and that was almost ten years ago.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    They kind of were since for 30 minutes he was up for normal deluxe price lol

10. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Impactor is only larger than average because WFC started shrinking everything.

• Like Like x 3
  11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Oh well.... I had no plans on buying a lot of Kingdom's next year anyway. They can mostly be BW's for all I care.

Right now it's Zero Core's, 4 Dlx's, 2 Voyagers and 1 Leader on my list list. 86 Studio Series might be another 5. But still not as many purchases as this year or last year.

12. Diablotron2247

Diablotron2247 Well-Known Member

Oh sweet! Price hiked figures for Walmart to rarely stock!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rated X

Rated X Banned

So youre telling me that the production costd only rise when you print the words "deluxe scale" on the package ? C'mon now....

14. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I'm not telling anyone anything, ive worked in major business for many years, price increases are not always a choice of the CEO or company etc and MSRP is just that, some retailers can choose to charge more. Ive never worked for Hasbro so I dont know exactly how they work but I'd imagine it's similar to other business which is why I ask......is the price increase due to Hasbro? Is it only Hasbro? Or is there some existential reason for the raise by a couple bucks?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jm83

Jm83 Well-Known Member

Giant red flag among the other ones to stop collecting.

16. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Im at my job right now reading your lame comment. My money aint the issue here. The issue is Hasbro's being cheap. And then you got these little lawyers defending them from their cellphones on a fan site. If you got the time to post a meme attacking people for calling Hasbro out on their cheapness, then f**k it, toss me $2 too. Not because I need your 2 bucks, but because obviously you dont. Thats how I feel when I read some of the things people post on here.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Rated X

Rated X Banned

What you describe is the practice of the rich not wanting to loose a penny. If they make 65 cents profit on the dollar they cant be happy. They still wanna make 75 cents profit on the dollar because once upon a time, it was feasible. Hasbro just needs to take the L and be happy they still turn tens of millions of profit.

• Like Like x 4
  18. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    So you are saying that Hasbro is a greedy company and are increasing the price of kids toys to bleen them and their parents dry of all their hard earned money during very uncertain times and while many are on the brink of economic collapse?

19. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

With another price increase how about they cut the crap with all these Partsforming, Backpack, and faux part bullcrap thats been plaguing the Deluxe figures lately. When do we draw the line with the increasing prices = cheaper quality cause thats all that happens and it makes no fuckin senese to increase prices if the quality is not improving and going backwards.

I don’t mind Kingdon cheetor as he is but if they are expecting me to pay $2-3 dollars more then they could do better. Those $2 could’ve been used to paint him up a little, oh wait that’s probably what the Netflix Cheetor will be, at the original $19.99 msrb

• Like Like x 3
  20. Zaragon

Zaragon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Kinda sucks for those that are really price sensitive; it doesn't affect me much but I might be bowing out soon anyway. Kingdom is probably the capstone on my collection, and Beast stuff doesn't interest me at all, as I grew up with G1. (Never got into Beast Wars when I was younger and still don't see the appeal.) I'll probably spend my remaining money picking up older figures that I missed and still want.

I'm not a G1 only guy though, I might be interested if they start doing Unicron Trilogy stuff someday. Cool concepts but looking back on them the toys haven't aged well.