Transformers Kingdom Walmart Listings - New Deluxe Price

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Sep 22, 2020.

1. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    I was already planning in waiting for sales, so this just confirms that decision for me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

I'm sure Hasbro did the math on this before deciding to increase the price. Does the $3 price increase suck? Sure. Even if you're a diehard collector, how much more is that going to cost in your budget? 12-16 Deluxes if you buy every one in the line?

• Like Like x 1
  3. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's my point - it's been decreasing, locally in MI. It's remained static in TN, since 1995-ish.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

It's part of why I'm "locking in" with WFC.

I went broke a few years back. I sold off most of my collection to cover credit cards. When WFC hit, I was rebuilding here and there until I finally said, "The heck with it. I'm going for the complete 84 and 86 movie lineups because we're at a tipping point for price/value/accuracy. It's going to cost me more for marginal improvements later."

It's also why at this point I'm trigger happy for Huffer, Gears, Insecticons, Blaster, Wreck Gar, Sandstorm, Blitzwing, and Octane to round out my collections because I figure they'll be much more expensive to get new versions of if I have to wait 5 years.

5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Slender102

Slender102 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Knowing Walmart at least they might roll back to that $19.8 whatever price point sometime. Todd McFarlane says the buyers want from every company that $20 price point for their main type of figure like his, Legends, WWE, GI Joe, Power Rangers etc.

Damn I do remember that one year buying the TR Headmasters deluxes for $9.88 off that cool shipper they had.

• Like Like x 4
  7. StarMaverick

StarMaverick Nemesis Command Upgrader

Seriously???!!!!
    20200922_160802.jpg 20200922_160747.jpg 20200922_160710.jpg 20200922_160647.jpg 20200922_160633.jpg 20200922_160616.jpg
    Facts!

8. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Inflation in an artificial construct. It isn't necessary. Inflation is required to constantly increase the value of publicly traded shares. There is no case from the manufacturing point of view to see a doubling in prices in ten years.

I'm not making double my salary from 2010.

Goldner could care less about making quality toys. He only cares about Hasbro's stock price. It is insane that the new Micro Machines, that aren't even licensed cars, cost $1.50 for each car when a Hot Wheel is still $1. Most of what Hasbro puts on the shelf never would have been made if a Hassenfeld was still in charge.

Trust me, Hasbro isn't taking a loss on Voyagers at $30. They make more money off those than deluxes. What they want is profit parity on the two.

I find it hysterical that people believe Walmart and the rest of the stores pay close to retail for things. Retailers don't touch a product unless they can at least double their money, with few exceptions. Many products are bought at 60-70% margin.

Currently Walmart pays around $8.50 for a $20 Transformer. You are paying for air, absolutely nothing but profit margin. That is why Hasbro cut the quality of Cyberverse half a step above dollar store knockoffs. The price point was going to be $15 and Hasbro executives wanted more profit per unit.

The only thing that really matters in production cost is complexity of assembly and part counts in
    different colors. Details and better designed parts are free once molded. Is that better designed Siege toy harder to assemble than a Prime Wars? If it isn't, then it doesn't cost more.

That $160 Titan actually only costs a few dollars more to produce than a Voyager toy. Plastic is cheap and the assembly of that titan is actually easier than the smaller stuff. You even have to do the final assembly and do the laborious task of applying decals. The additional shipping cost per unit is more than the materials.

The box Hasbro started putting Deluxes in added $2 to the retail price. Put them back on a blister card and pass on the savings.

Prices wouldn't be going up if people would just stop buying.

• Like Like x 12
  9. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can call THAT ''facts'' but I can attest the Detroit prices are about $1/gal high for every listing - unless you're purposely trying to find the most expensive brands. I generally buy the store brand, but not the discount brands. I kind of pay attention to this, as I am the primary shopper in my house, and we average a gallon of milk per day here.

EDIT - My wife just stopped at Meijer on her way home, bought two gallons of milk, one whole and one 2% $1.59 each, which has been about the average there and at Kroger for ALL of 2020.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, I don't speak reddit. Maybe indicate sarcasm with some blue text, frendo.

• Like Like x 9
  11. StarMaverick

Those are the national averages taken straight from the government website. I'm sure some local stores will play with the price. The take away is that Milk has not been the same price on average for the last 25 years.

12. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see Bossbot and the Queen! Bring it, yesss!

Hot Rod and Scourge definitely look amazing. Kup doesn't seem to be quite on their level, though I'd say he's still easily better than any official toy of the figure that had come before it. I'd say if Hot Rod is a near 10/10, Kup's about a 7,5/10.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hell...half of my purchases this year WERE impulse buys.

:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I mean, aside from growing markets in other regions of the world creating a competition for labor, materials, and resources in general....thus driving up the price for all of them which inevitably has to be made up for SOMEWHERE.

That doesn't mean inflation isn't real, it just means that the lower down the totem pole you are the harder it is to keep up with the impact of the issues above.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Ugh. No one likes a price increase. This just means more scrutiny on the deluxes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Prime Rising

Prime Rising Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All you complainers be like...

source.gif

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Hasbro keeps getting more and more greedy with deluxes.

• Like Like x 4
  18. StarMaverick

You make a very compelling argument, and I also feel that the "if the people would only stop buying" rule also goes for gas. I definitely agree that the profit margins for retail is about 60-70% and it's sickening! In the end I think it all comes down to the simple fact, that wages for most are not keeping up with price hikes.

• Like Like x 4
  19. optimus909

optimus909 Well-Known Member

So they're cutting back on the figures but raising the price?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rated X

Rated X Banned

If you dont want the $2 toss it my way so I can buy me a beer...

• Like Like x 6