Transformers Kabaya kits (ko's). Any good?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by centurian, Mar 1, 2006.

1. centurian

centurian Recovering Energon Abuser

Has anybody had any experiences with any of th knock off Kabaya kit transformers that you see croping up on ebay? Are they any good?

I'm half tempted by a fort max because it look about to scale with the wst's - but I'm not sure what the quality is like.

Anybody got any words of wisdom on the subject?

2. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    The REAL fort max is about to scale with the WSTs.

Anyway, I just bought some. I'll have a review with painted and unpainted pics once I get them.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They're ok I guess, I got the Liokaiser one. Ugly colors, and some of the parts fall off unless you use glue. If you get one, be ready to do some carving on them....some of the parts are molded badly, and need a lot of extra plastic shaved off.

I wouldn't pay more than $10 total for any given one, if that.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I have 2(road caesar, all 3, and sixknight/quickswitch). I highly recommend then if you dont want to pay for the originals

5. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I just got sixshot. It was somewaht easy except for part #34 which was a bitch to work with.
    021.JPG

He seems nice enough and looks really good with the legends and the KO targetmasters as you can see.

6. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you might ask Might Gaine on these boards...he used to sell them...don't think he does anymore

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't a huge fan of Jazz or Optimus, but I really liked Blaster, and I was on the fence about Magnus & Starscream. Mind you, this is only from what I've seen in pics & videos, but they seem neat, especially for the price.

8. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you look up my account on youtube (portudork) or just search there for Kabaya KO Reviews you will find a bunch of video reviews that I did on some. I personally like them quite a bit, but as others have said bring glue and a knife as they need some TLC to get together.

EDIT: I forgot I also posted the video reviews in the feedback section a while back and you can look there.

9. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've bought and built a bunch.

The key here is that these are MODEL KITS, and dodgy cheap-material copies of 20yr old kits to boot.

IF you're willing to put in some serious time and effort to clean 'em up and work on the assembly issues that come with mold degredation, and ideally (if you want them to look any good) paint them up, then they are AMAZING little works of engineering genius that by and large give you the full-scale G1 expereince at (usually more or less) WST scale.

Totally fun to have hang out with Micromasters or manning the city-bots. I love tiny, and I love kits, so I love the heck out of these guys.

That said I've hit a few that were just too degraded to be workable (Joyride..or whatever his MF equivalent is..was one), but even then, with more effort it might have been salvagable.

I think even the originals would have made for a big "your milage may vary" disclaimer, as the reactions to the CURRENT kabaya kits show, but if this kind of thing is your cup of tea, the low price of the KOs make them hard to resist!

D/L