Transformers in History HQ Pics!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nephilim, May 10, 2017.

1. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    given the careful crafting of story, character and continuity that's pervaded this franchise so far, i'm not even surprised...

given the way i'm already exhausted about the "historical ties to earth plots" from the 4 previous movies, doubling, tripling or even quadrupling down on it this time is just a bridge too far for me to care about.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I don't get it. It's annoying.

Bumblebee and Starscream in the 1940's I can understand but Ironhide, Hound and TLK Megatron??!

3. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    No it wasn't.

4. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe Anthony Hopkins really likes Photoshop and inserted pictures of Transformers into historical photos based on what he knows about them.

He could be making archives of the tales of the Transformers.

At least that makes more sense than a GMC Topkick or F22 in WWII.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    That is an amazing idea. Why aren't you the one making these films?

Yeah, looking back on it the cube was carbon dated, but Megatron still ended up deep in arctic ice from his crash landing and the unintentional re-activation of his navigation system imprinted the coordinates of the AllSpark onto the glasses, meaning the last thing Megatron was doing was trying to find the AllSpark full stop.

That's what I consider AoE to have failed in trying to do - a soft reboot. Why the fuck else literally kill off every surviving character except two and forget about the rest?

That would be impressive given, I dunno, the entire point of the fucking war was to locate that goddamn cube?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

The only answer left that I'm able to fathom for how things have taken a drastic left turn lore wise and character wise...is the Chicago event! The pillars have ruptured and screwed up the inter dimensional fabric of space and time and we've earths ended up as THE HUB for all things cybertron....this has altered the past we know and changed the present, and I think we're looking at some form of shattered glass Optimus who's just an evil badass and megatron is a good guy. It's the ONLY WAY to make sense of what we've been seeing....unless of course EVERYTHING has been false and is just hype!

If it's not that and it works out well then I'm gonna get on my knees and bow to these writers because they'd have done an amazingly unique and clever work of art

7. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As if there had ever been any coherent continuity in these movies, we now have Ironhide on Earth before he arrived. :lol 

They may justify it, but still. (also, if that means Ironhide in the BB movie, that's not a bad thing either)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    They didn't necessarily carbon-date the All-Spark cube itself, in fact they probably couldn't. He says "Carbon-dating puts the cube here around 10,000 BC..." - most likely they carbon-dated the rock around it. But they couldn't know how the Cube got that deep: it can change mass after all.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats most likely the case. Its the only thing that could make sense.

10. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The only way I can see them justifying Ironhide's presence is if he had a twin, otherwise, I don't see how this will work.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I wonder how much of this trophy room is canon and how much is just reusing recognizable assets for the sake of generating hype.

Honestly, since the movies have outight reused named characters as generics, I'm inclined to believe these aren't meant to be wholely literal. Especially since only Bumblebee has actually recieved a period redesign and everyone else still sports modern day kibble.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Yep

13. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Bee got it because that's most likely his look for his solo movie, and probably explores his and Anthony Hopkins relationship (a guess on the Hopkins bit) everyone else is because they're not as important as bee, wonder where RATCHET AND JAZZ WAS DURING ALL THAT HISTORY?

14. JazzIsBeast

JazzIsBeast Well-Known Member

Why is everyone saying that it's odd or inconsistent that none of the soldiers mentioned working along robots to anyone? Is it so hard to believe that the government and generals swore them to secrecy, so that if they told it would be considered treasonous? Is it so hard to believe that no one would pay you any attention if you told them you fought alongside 25 ft tall alien robots? Is it so hard to believe that extremely high level officials blacked it out from history, to the point that only those a part of that administration knew of it? And that not even members of intelligence agencies knew?

For God's sake people, this isn't that far fetched. Shoot, stuff like this happens ALL THE TIME in real life.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

No it's hard to believe it since the same bots publicly caused so much craziness 62 years later. Especially since images obviously existed showing them being involved in wars beforehand, and not one person in official positions have a clue? Need to know happens in real life but everyone involved in the previous movies would have been in a need to know position

16. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "We've witnessed your human capacity for War."
    Optimus Prime, Revenge of the Fallen.l

• Like Like x 1
  17. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

The answer to the pics is simple. The Cybertronians went to Six Flags and posed for pics at gimmicky picture booths.
    They brought along pics of dearly departed friends, and had them drawn into historic scenes at the art booths.
    Mystery solved. :p 

• Like Like x 8
  18. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My theory:

The writers said they were going to connect all movies, they are all capable writers, this is too obvious to be ignorance.

So what's a popular story? Beast Wars, BW was a unique story in that the heroes landed on earth with the other characters while they were inactive and dormant.

What if this is that, tf2007 happened as canon, megatron is frozen, BUT Megatron and crew and optimus and crew hit some sort of time warp and end up on earth with a frozen megatron, and a regular non frozen megatron..two megatrons on earth that are the same but not.

For me that was the coolest part of Beast Wars, maybe the writers knew it was clever and twisted it a bit or so.

OR option 2: it's a complete Fu*k up...

Either way we shall see soon!

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well, Bee got redesigned because he's actually in the movie as an old car attacking those dang old Nazis.

Everyone else I doubt will be shown as appearing in those times in the movie, or these artifacts will be blink-and-you'll-miss-it background shots meant to represent just generic bots in history. The fact that the two robot Samurai are both retooled Drifts (and Drift is one of the more distinct 'bots of the series) makes me all but certain none of these photos or sculptures are literal.

20. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes you're likely right we should look at history of the franchise and stop over analyzing everything...I am for sure guilty of this.