Transformers In Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by CybertronSeeker, Nov 2, 2016.

1. CybertronSeeker

CybertronSeeker Member

I found this interesting Transformers related thing while watching the Food Network. The newest episode of Cake Wars had a Transformers theme and even had senior vice president of global brand licensing for Hasbro, Simon Waters as a guest judge. At one point the host "transformed" and he had turned into the Titans Return toy Fortress Maximus. Not sure if Hasbro has done something like that before but I thought all that was very interesting and fun. The links for more information are:
    Transformers : Cake Wars : Food Network
    A Transformative Competition : Food Network

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

Food Network has done this kind of thing before with various programs. I seem to recall Duff Goldman (on some extreme cake making show) making a transforming Optimus Prime cake, and Peter Cullen and Frank Welker were in attendance for the grand unveiling.

"Autobots, transform... and eat cake!"
    "Deceptively delicious~"

• Like Like x 3
  3. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

I missed this one but hopefully I can catch it on a rerun.

4. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

I recall watching that episode yesterday. The starting round was kinda neat with that Soundwave Cake. Though considering that it was against two "blurr" cakes and the return of Chubtimus Prime. Though one of them looked alot like Kup. Blurr is kinda known to have a slick, streamline sports car look, Or if you go full G1 a hover car. Devon and His wife made it up in the final round though with their Optimus VS Megatron cake which, yeah, it was all over the place. But it was a epic battle, even though it looked like Megatron WON it. Big time. Though considering it was up against a unfinished (But rather impresive looking) Optimus Prime and a Animated/R.I.D Mash-up that looked more like an victorious aftermath than a actual battle.

I'm just surprised none of the contestants though up of setting the battle on a classic g1 desert/badlands/canyon setting. And how some of them recall animated blurr. Also, how would you screw up Blurr by making his vehicle mode utterly blocky? If they were going with Kup or Ironhide/Ratchet they coulda recovered from that easy. Without a doubt. If it wasn't for one of the contestants going for the complicated vehicle design of animated blurr, they coulda actually lost this. And for that i'm glad.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  5. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Guys, sorry to break this thread for a moment but: is it true that, when "Queer Eye for the straight guy", one of the main dudes trashed the Transformers collection of the guy who they were suppose to "help"? I never got any videos or anything of that and I want to see that tragedy.

Now back on topic: that looks really good! I do like the work they put on some of those cakes. Do want to see video of that. Its a pity that after so much work, one has to eat it at the end. :p 

6. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    thats pretty cool!

7. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Sad I missed this. Anyone have an idea when they'll play it again? Last nerdy Cake Wars I caught was the Halo episode.

8. Iololike

Iololike New Member

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017