Transformers: Ignition redux

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Spin-Out, May 9, 2013.

1. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

So, yeah, my plans for Ignition kinda came to a halt. I decided to change up some characters and rethink the story a bit.

AUTOBOTS:
    Optimus Prime: Idealistic Elite Guard wash-out. Turns into a Motive Bison with smokestacks inspired by Optimus' TF4 smokestacks - he also has flames. Has a Solitarium Ion-Axe formed from a surfboard kept in his truck bed in vehicle mode.
    Hound: Optimus' second-in-command. A solemn veteran of the Great War who loves nature. Turns into a green armored truck. Has rivet guns of doom on his arms.
    Red Alert: The team medic. He lost his hand to Flatline during a skirmish after the Great War. He tries to be a pacifist, but he always ends up being dragged into combat. He's a lot like Data from Star Trek, to be honest.
    Wheeljack: The resident mad scientist of Optimus' team. Has a wisecrack for every occasion, and is always trying to lighten the mood. Turns into a Fenomenon Stratos rally car. He uses his wrench to smash things.
    Hot Shot: The youngest 'bot on the team. Was a racer on Velocitron before he was drafted onto Optimus' team. He's the only one who wasn't online during the great war. Armed with a pair of flamethrowers on his arm. Turns into a 2014 Corvette Stingray. Is colored like Energon Hot Shot. Has freckles on his face like Cheetor.

As for the rest of the cast... Well, I'll give them bios as they appear :) 

2. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

“Slag, this is boring.” A blue-and-yellow robot leaned back in his chair, idly staring at a console in front of him. “Why did I even get drafted? I’m just a racer from Velocitron, not a scientist!”
    “How the frag is this boring?” A stockier white-and-green robot with a faceplate that looked curiously like a beard turned away from the CR tank he was performing upkeep on. “Hot Shot, you don’t know what yer missin’. There’s nothin’ like seein’ outer space, findin’ new Energon sources, and gettin’ to see all the other planets in the Autobot commonwealth.” Wheeljack chuckled. “Next time we refuel at Paradron, I know a little hole in the wall where the servin’ droids don’t wear their torso platin’.”
    “I’ll just pretend I didn’t hear that.” Hot Shot yawned as his visor fell over his eyes. “You know boss-bot’d kick our tailpipes for that, right?”
    Wheeljack laughed as he twisted a bolt into the CR tank. “That’s part of the fun, kid!”
    “Yeah yeah, like, whatever.” Hot Shot leaned back further, resting his stabilizing servos on the console. He turned on his personal commlink frequency and listened to some Shock Pop he downloaded from the CyberNet.
    “Are you two finished yet?” A scrawny red-and-white robot stood in the doorway. “Prime needs both of you on the bridge. Landmine said we found an uncharted star system. It's honestly quite strange, really – it’s got just a single star, and solitary star systems are far less common than binary star systems-”
    Hot Shot turned up his datatrax to drown out Red Alert's blathering about science, bobbing his head to the beat.
    Red Alert glared at Hot Shot before tapping into his commlink frequency. “Hot Shot, please report to the bridge!”
    “Jeez, all right!” Hot Shot stood up and made his way towards the bridge, with Wheeljack and Red Alert close behind.

“Landmine, did you find any Energon?” A tall, heroically-proportioned red-and-blue robot sat in the captain’s chair.
    “Not yet, Prime,” stated an even larger yellow-and-brown robot. “Of course, with all the planetoids in this system, I’d bet my transisters that there'd be Energon somewhere.” He turned to his younger commander. “And if not, we could always do things the hard way and convert any natural resources into Energon. The star in this system. The star looks like it’s midway through its life span – we could set up a solar plant and it’d last us about five billion years. Many of the planets in this system are geologically active – we could also set up a geothermal plant, and -”
    “Yo, boss-bot!” Hot Shot saluted his superior. “Are we gonna land on one of these planets, or what?”
    “Well, Hot Shot, half of the planets in this system don’t have any land. Fortunately, most of their moons do, but still…” Optimus shook his head. “Wheeljack, you got any ideas for energy plants on those gas giants?”
    “Well, we could always build some wind plants with Repulsorlift tech. It’d be expensive as the Pit, but at least we could maximize resources.” Wheeljack immediately began work on schematics for various Energon plants for most of the bodies in the system. “Hey, Landmine! Ya think the second planet’s got any Energon?”
    “If it did, it wouldn't be worth it.” Landmine shook his head. “The planet’s air temperature’s hot enough to roast anybot’s cercuits, and there’s clouds of sulfuric acid that’d melt right through anything less durable than high-quality Adamantium, and the ‘Cons have most of the Adamantium mines.”
    “Landmine's right - this system seems like a waste of time.” Red Alert adjusted his visor and sighed. “Oh, well, there's some possibly fascinating scientific discoveries - some of the moons have liquid water, which is necessary for organic life, and the largest of the terrestrial planets in the system is absolutely covered in wa- “
    Hot Shot yawned and turned his datatrax back up.
    “Hey, when you guys stop yer glitchin’, maybe you should check this out?” Wheeljack had an unusually concerned look on his face - well, he would if he had a face. “I’m getting’ a big energy signature from somethin’ approaching us, and I’m pretty sure it ain’t a meteor-“
    As if on cue, a holo-monitor appeared in front of the five Autobots, and a thin, tall robot with a mouthful of razor-sharp teeth smirked at them. “As I expected – Autobots.”
    “As I expected – a ‘Con with a stupid helmet.” Optimus smirked as the Decepticon’s optics burned with anger.
    “TAKE THAT BACK, AUTOBOT FILTH! I WON THIS HELMET FOR MY SERVICE AS AN AIR COMMANDER, AND-“
    “Stand down, Starscream.” A cold, emotionless voice interrupted the Seeker’s indignation. “I am the acting commander, if you recall.”
    “Yes, Lord Shockwave.” Before the monitor switched to the acting Decepticon leader, the Autobots saw Starscream’s wings droop slightly.

“You are entering Decepticon Empire territory, Autobots.” An imposing one-eyed robot stared at the Autobot crew. “As acting Emperor of Destruction, I order you to leave this star system at once.”
    “Decepticon territory?” Wheeljack laughed. “Funny, my map don’t say you creeps run this place.”
    “It would behoove you, Optimus Prime, to keep a tighter muzzle on your crew.” Shockwave continued in a monotone voice. “My forces have found something of great interest on the third planet in this star system.”
    “YES!” A hulking, five-eyed robot stood up behind Shockwave. “WE HAVE FOUND THE RESTING PLACE OF THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS-“ Lugnut’s rant was cut short as a blast from Shockwave’s AstroMag Cannon sailed past his head. Lugnut’s central eye blinked out of fear.
    “Silence, Lugnut.” Shockwave then turned back to the Autobots as if the larger Decepticon hadn’t even interrupted him. “We can’t reveal what we have located to a mere Energon scouting vessel.”
    Lugnut silently nodded.
    Hot Shot smirked. “I bet you Decepticreeps found a stockpile of Energon on that planet!” Hot Shot then lowered his visor over his faceplate, trying to look as threatening as possible. “Well, you can kiss our exhaust ports, ‘cuz we’re gonna take it for ourselves, ya slag-suckin’-“ Hot Shot’s commlink frequency was muted by Red Alert before he could mouth off anymore to the much more heavily-armed Decepticons.
    “I… Apologize for my scout’s behavior.” Optimus then gave Hot Shot an angry look, causing the younger ‘bot to look away in shame. “But Wheeljack’s map is right. Any territory here on the galactic rim is free game for either of us.”
    “I suppose so.” Shockwave stated emotionlessly. “But you realize you are a mere skeleton crew facing off against the most powerful ship in the Decepticon Empire. It would be illogical for you to do anything but retreat.”
    Optimus thought for a few kliks, before defiantly smirking at the one-eyed Decepticon. “Sorry, but as a member of the Elite Guard…”
    Wheeljack slapped his servo to his head. “Not this speech again…”
    Optimus ignored Wheeljack’s remark and continued. “As I was saying, as a member of the Elite Guard and a Prime duly appointed by Supreme Commander Ultra Magnus, I can’t stand by and let any Decepticons, even an acting Emperor of Destruction, tell me what to do.”
    “Understood.” Shockwave droned. “You have three breems to prepare yourselves for battle.” The holo-monitor disappeared.
    “Welp, we're slagged!” Wheeljack took out his Electro-Wrench as the other Autobots prepared for battle...

TO BE CONTINUED
    ----------------
    I feel really proud of this. For some reason, the dialogue really flowed easily this time :D