Transformers Holiday Special

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by SavedTabs, Dec 23, 2015.

1. SavedTabs

SavedTabs Active Member

News Credits:
    That was both the cutest and strangest thing I have read in the last 3 months.

2. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    "My name is Cracker. Thundercracker."

:lol 

All three stories were really good fun. So glad they did this.

3. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I don't think I've laughed so hard at a MTMTE comic before! It was just so funny! :lolol 

Thundercracker was pretty genius too. And not to mention we saw plenty of good moments during the Choose Me montage(Knock Out and Breakdown for one).

This was a great weird read.

4. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

... What's up with the hug and leg lift?

Also: "Yes Chromia, thanks for saving me!... After you almost killed me, have we talked about that by the way?".

Other than that, the story was quite fun and much better than I expect from Scott. Roberts' tale was the best though, quite emotional. Thundercracker and Marissa should get married already.

I would say that I enjoyed Roberts' story the most followed by Scott's and Barber's in that order. All of them were fun though.

Attached Files:

• 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      File size:
      222.3 KB
      Views:
  5. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    I really enjoyed the stories in this. Touching, cute, funny, a nice gift from the IDW Team.

The story with the "protoform" was really sweet, and I loved the interactions with the characters.

6. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

I've got this on hold at the local comic shop...can't wait to get out of work to go get it. I love anthology comics as it is...add in that it's a Christmas themed anthology with my favorite kind of robits and it's just too awesome.

7. Large

Large Currently blablabla.

News Credits:
    Scott's one was cute, and I like that.

"Silent Night", I loved !
    Moving, hilarious, cheerful, dive me right into Christmas.

Don't read the Barber one yet.

8. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

My brain had a hard time with the lack of rhyming in "Silent Light" after finishing "Choose Me." What a great fun little issue this was!

9. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    The panel with the Magnus armor trying to hug Megatron is just priceless. Bah, the entire sequence is. Bah, the entire story. xD
    This was a great comic! Really fun and cheerful! Very creative too! Never thought I would read a Tfs comic with Christmas theme! :D  I really hope I can get my copy soon (remember I am from Argentina, guys. Things get delayed here from time to time :p ).
    Also: woof! xD

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This was just brilliant all around. A good chance for all the authors to flex their considerable comedy muscles without it getting too "distracting" from the normal titles.

Also I like all of Scott's Prime references. I miss that show too!

11. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    i liked two out of the three....i felt the mtmte themed one was just something that might have been a full fledged story but dropped since the personality ticks issues weren't received well....nothing really christmasy about it.

personally i liked seeing thundercracker square off against a kung fu santa....highlight of the issue right there for me.

and all the autobots giving starscream friendship for a day was kinda nice...too bad screamer would still destroy them if he had a chance.

12. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    This was a really sweet comic. I loved all the stories but Barber's was my favourite by far. It's not often that I laugh out loud when reading a comic, but Thundercracker's story was brilliant.

Silent Light gets a super special mention though because we FINALLY know hiw forged bots are born. The spark plus the sintico (sorry spelling, don't have the issue at hand) are harvested and nutured until the protoform is fully grown. And the process might only take 2 weeks if we use Tailgate's creation as a rough guide. It kinda explains a few things, like how Ratchet just couldn't build himself a new pair of hands since his were quite literally grown from scratch.

13. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Okay, what moments from Silent Light did you laugh at the most?

It had to be the whole page where Nautica knocks out Minimus Ambus, for me. I was literally LMAO.

14. gregles

gregles quintesson

Not sure if he was around at the time or not but would anyone do anything nice for prowl on chosen day?

Edit just remembered the constructicons

15. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    That MTMTE was the comfiest issue of anything Transformers related ever. Nautica and Whirl are so cute.

16. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Thundercracker story was hilarious.

17. Reask

Reask Predacon

The Starscream Grinch story was incredibly well written and heartwarming.

The Thundercracker story was really well done too, he's improved his grammar! :D 

The MTMTE, having just gotten into Futurama a few months ago, Whirl is now the Bender of Transformers. His and Nautica's interaction with the fake protoform was just adorable. I almost wish it wasn't scraplets. :3

18. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Bah Humbug.

I couldn't stand the sloppy scansion on the rhyming couplets. Or being told that 'bravura' is, like, a real word! (I know!)

Roberts' one was OK, apart from continuing to blow any sense that the Lost is actually going anywhere or doing anything by having Rodimus take a holiday.

19. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    Page 6 second panel on the bottom row. Notice who Minimus is talking to and what it's implying.

20. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream, I love the heartwarming humor about how all the bots on Cybertron included him.

I love the opening scenes in Silent Night where Rodimus thinks Megatron and Ultra Magnus is a couple. Which is confirmed before Rodimus went B.E.D. reminds me of kid and two parents.

Thundercracker take on Christmas is hilarious and did sell he should be happy.