Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    The only thing I can think of as "complaints" are the colors a lot of the smaller bits were cast in. The V stars wings and Sabers fins are cast in white and I would prefer them being cast in blue and red respectively, while I wish the blade were cast in literallt anything but transparent plastic. I know those arent the final.colors after paint and all but I think they'd lessen the paint needed with smarter layout for the jet pieces at least. Also, he said he was going to lighten the blue of the stand but I personally love the shade shown here

• Like Like x 3
  2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    LOL you do you dude. If you’re not grounded in reality, ready to accept facts that’s no one else’s problem. Based on your post history I don’t have any hope of you growing crying your laughable delusional narrow minded view. Go with Christ.

3. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think my only "complaint" is that the main cannons have that hollowness to them that faces forwards. Easy fix if they don't do it before full production, but they still look unfinished.
    Size-wise, I think it looks phenomenal. I backed two and feel I'll be getting every penny out of them.

• Like Like x 9
  4. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Bro, this is not the thread to be complaining about mainline Transformers toy scale because Hasblab Victory Saber is not a mainline Transformers toy.

• Like Like x 7
  5. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    It's quality over size now. Better get used to it.

One of my friends has it, so

6. ze collecter

ze collecter Brotherhood Paladin

News Credits:
    Victory Leo was shrunken a bit for this release because making him too big would mess up the super mode. Afaik, Saber and Leo were very close in height in the original too so a potential PMOP with the Apex Armor/God Ginrai would be Star Saber height.

7. orangeitis

News Credits:
    As far as I'm concerned, HasTak retconned the heights of Star Saber & Victory Leo with this release. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Hollow bits never bothered me any and I'm keeping the guns pointed forward not upward, so the waffling wouldn't even really show for me. Sure it'd be nice but I just don't have it in me to give it more than a second of attention. One more thing that does mildly bug me is VL's hands. I doubt its animation accurate or anything but I wish the back of the hand was black to blend in with the forearm in lion mode a little more. Hopefully the paint master has that but I don't recall seeing that in any of the digis

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't quite understand the argument that Leo needs to be Ginrai size because he is Ginrai. It's a new body, it can literally be any size.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    The bodies were the same height in the cartoon.

11. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's bits and bobs that upgrade kit makers are gonna have a field day with, which is a shame as I'd have liked to have seen this completely filled in just to avoid the whinging (I'm not, for the record).

But at the same time it's gonna fit in aesthetically with my other HasTak stuff if I leave the gaps alone, it eclipses most of that stuff with what it accomplishes elsewhere and if I do want to do something about it I'm going to be drowning in options.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ze collecter

News Credits:
    This entire argument about height is kind of dumb because we HAVE gotten tall leaders in the WFC Scale. Grimlock, Slag, and Megatron are all massive compared to other figures because that's the scale. Also, when you go back and actually play with the Prime Wars leaders, they all feel incredibly simplistic, compromised, and cheap. I would have preferred my leader Ultra Magnus the be more in since with Seige Magnus, to be honest, because then it would be better quality. Plus it completely ignores the fact that most of the modern scales are in line with their equivalents from BW to Cybertron/DOTM.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a different argument though.

"He should be X size because that's how it was in the cartoon" isn't the same as "He should be X size because he's Ginrai in a new body".

One argues on reference while another argues on narrative.

14. ze collecter

News Credits:
    Agree with you on this. I think that Saber should have his own smaller sword like the Masterpiece does as well.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    I was shocked that that wasn't among the tier bonuses honestly, feels like the perfect inclusion. I'm gonna probably wind up printing one for myself along with the guns from the Robot Masters iterations just to have it all completely rounded out. MAYBE a cockpit for VL's """jet""" mode

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    They did (and I approve).

The real question is what they might do w/Super Ginrai - I'm in favor of Super Ginrai matching Star Saber in height, with God Bomber sized to make God Ginrai look as dope and stable as possible, and Overlord a titch taller than God Ginrai (this will present a similar problem to Saber where Ginrai is a very small deluxe).

• Like Like x 2
  17. orangeitis

News Credits:
    That's a good point. But Hasbro sometimes cheats with the width of a figure bulking the budget out instead of increasing the height(Siege Ultra Magnus & Megatron as examples), so I could see them doing the same with an Earthrise Optimus-sized Ginrai attaching to a wide Super Ginrai. But this is just speculation on my part.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ze collecter

News Credits:
    Rumors say yes, but also it's like, what G1 Decepticons can be slotted into Commander? Most of the ones I can think of are from JG1. Overlord, Deathsaurus, Onslaught, and maybe Sixshot. Hasbro could totally do a BW commander next year but the most solid bet at this moment seems to be Deathsaurus.

19. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    No credible rumor cites any size yet for Deathsaurus, just that hes in the running for 2023

• Like Like x 1
  20. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm here for the space chicken baby

• Like Like x 5