Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Wouldnt it be funny if hasbro destroyed haslab molds when the items already shipped just to spite people who didnt back it

• Like Like x 12
  2. trizeo

trizeo Well-Known Member

3. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Give it a few months, in case they need to replace anything. THEN send the molds into the smelter :D :p 

• Like Like x 4
  4. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

Ebay:
    I said it before and I’ll say it again. These updates are great for showing to people who question where all the money goes when making a figure.

• Like Like x 19
  5. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it’s also just very interesting. I’m very comfortable in the money I spent on Victory Saber (well not quite, damn you Canadian shipping not be free!!!) but I know next to nothing about the process. This is actually super interesting to learn about.

• Like Like x 10
  6. fallenspartan

fallenspartan Finish the Fight

Hasbro keeps all the backer money at Fort Knox. They just don’t tell you about it /s

• Like Like x 7
  7. ze collecter

ze collecter Brotherhood Paladin

News Credits:
    That's actually an interesting thing to bring up. I wonder what Hasbro does with the Haslab molds when they're done with them, especially since most Haslabs are a one-and-done thing. Victory Saber could see an eventual rerelease in a few years time, without the extra tiers if Hasbro decides they want to make a new Star Saber as he will only increase in popularity now. They already have the mold so they could split Star Saber and Victory Leo into two separate releases and make them mainline.

• Like Like x 3
  8. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Nah. I think they'll just release him in another size class or in another line. Like how Hasbro isn't going to release another Generations Volcanicus anytime soon but they did release a version in Cyberverse.

• Like Like x 3
  9. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. ze collecter

News Credits:
    Volcanicus isn't going to wind up being a major hole in anyone's collection 5 years from now because they missed his Haslab. Hasbro is definitely moving into JG1 territory starting next year and will probably want to release Star Saber as a general release. Use the Haslab molds with less paint and missing his tiers, and boom, you fill that hole.

• Like Like x 3
  11. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

Hasbro will not release HasLab Star Saber at retail.

• Like Like x 4
  12. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    They're releasing him right now. If you want one and missed out on the Haslab, you'll have to buy someone's extra or wait for another mold. It's not like they'll never make another Star Saber. It just won't be this one.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    The whole point of Haslab is that the items are only available ONCE. E.g. no re-releases or alternative ways of getting them other than backing during the assigned period.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  14. ze collecter

News Credits:
    Okay but I'm saying it would use the same mold, not be an exact re-release. Anyway, we've already seen Hero Quest get a mass release and Hasbro doesn't have some legal contract saying they can't rerelease a Haslab. If any Haslab is going to go to retail it will be Star Saber. Lower production cost + high demand would make them seriously consider it.

My argument is that they'll reuse the mold with less paint and exclude the tier bonuses. That way it wouldn't be the same as the Haslab so backers would not feel cheated.

• Like Like x 1
  15. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    They won't do that. No one will feel cheated because there will be Haslab figures available for $350 in the market for several years. And if consumers want a more affordable Star Saber (he was already affordable, though, in context), then you're going to end up with a Cyberverse stripped down, new mold edition for $40-$50. And that's perfectly fine.

Let me put it another way. Why would Hasbro release Haslab Star Saber by himself without Victory Leo for $80 as a commander class figure? If someone wasn't willing to plunk down $180 for a commander and a leader set, they aren't going to buy a worse version of him for $80. And if it comes down to "I didn't want it before but I want it now", you STILL aren't going to be that guy to plunk down $180. Rather, your budget pretty much already dictates you're a $40-$50 guy and THAT'S how Hasbro will cater to you.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Bluetigatron

Bluetigatron I'm a transformers fan, duh

Instagram:
    It'd be a fun fffriday to destroy them live on stream :ev: 

17. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

Hero Quest mass release was written into the campaign from the very beginning. It's a surprise to no one. There was very specific writing in the campaign to that effect.

Star Saber is not comparable.

• Like Like x 9
  18. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt they’d get rid of it all together. I wouldn’t be surprised if in like 5-10 years they do another limited run. Not saying it will happen but I don’t think it’s completely out for he picture. I’m already starting to regret not getting a second to have it in a box waiting if something happens to my copy.

I don’t think they’d get rid of the molds simply because they may want to keep it just because if they decide to do another run (which I wouldn’t count on as there hasn’t been a precedent set for that stuff) or something similar they may not want to have to go and remake all the toolings and whatnot.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don’t think they’re ever destroyed molds/tooling on purpose, I’ve never heard of that happening, since molds/tooling are very expensive to make and transport.

I think they’ll be maintained in working condition to possibly rerelease Star Saber and Victory Leo separately or together, in the future, just not anytime soon. Even so I wouldn’t expect subsequent releases to have everything the Haslab release does. Like maybe no stand, no blast effects, maybe less paint apps, et al.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SGMan

SGMan Well-Known Member

Idk if HeroQuest is a good comparison. I’m pretty sure they said it would get a regular retail release from the start (which is pretty standard with most crowdfunded board games).

If they did ever do a retail release Star Saber, I highly doubt they would use the same molds.

They might retool the molds or use new ones altogether. Mold degradation and the amount of plastic the current molds use would definitely make reusing the same molds cost prohibitive. If they did a retail Star Saber, I would suspect a smaller and less complex figure with a lot more hollow parts.

• Like Like x 3