Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. ze collecter

ze collecter Brotherhood Paladin

News Credits:
    So the Rancor is losing backers apparently. I heard from a few people that the overall community thinks it would have easily sold at retail and that the tiers were bad. I mean, why make all the tiers repacks of easy-to-find and soon-to-be mass-released figures? The only tier that is unique is the cardboard backdrop and a pile of bones.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

Ebay:
    That's true. A reissue Luke and Gamorian Guard, plus a small Salacious Crumb don't seem to be the best stretch goals. I would have bet one would have been a new Rancor Keeper figure but they didn't even do that. At least we are getting a shield and huge gun! :D 

• Like Like x 5
  3. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

Well, that last part isn't exactly true. The final Luke Skywalker tier is apparently 100% new tooling. But to be fair, it is still just a Luke Skywalker, a character that would blow sales through the roof as is.

I do still think the tiers are pretty lame overall. I get the Gamorian guard, not the special blister card (I wouldn't want to wreck the packaging, so I'd basically not even have the guard), and the bones are pretty fun. But I really expected at least the Keeper. Like, why the Hell make a Salacious Crumb a stretch goal for a Rancor?

I really like the look of the base figure, so if I did back it it'd be for that itself, this figure is quite literally one I dreamed of as a kid. The stretch goals are stretch goals, not the primary draw. But I just don't think I could make the funds for it in time. Not to mention that the reception to this campaign makes it seem pretty up in the air whether it'll even make it at this point.

There's just so much more backlash for this campaign compared to the others, which I'll be honest, actually kind of baffles me. Sure the tiers are on the slightly weaker side, but I really don't see how they're "insulting".

4. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    No worries and I didn't mean to convey a message if impatience. I didn't back Unicron, in fact Ive never backed a crowd funder before, and I'm excited and also anxious to see updates on something I invested in as well. :) 

5. ze collecter

News Credits:
    I heard that specific figure is getting an eventual mainline release.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to what the other Non-Transformers community thought of the Star Saber campaign now. Were they impressed by the tiers and the figures?

7. ze collecter

News Credits:
    Like I'm in the Star Wars community but I don't collect the figures, and there were so many better options for those tiers and I know a lot of Star Wars fans are upset. I've heard people think Star Saber was a bad deal but when you break down what you would pay to get it at retail, it only cost 30$ extra. This Rancor is basically a titan figure that doesn't transform with 2 deluxes and a core, and you'll eventually be able to get all three of the bonus figures elsewhere. So adding all that up to retail price and it's around 250$ value, meaning you pay an extra 100$ plus tax. That seems way more expensive than necessary.

• Like Like x 4
  8. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

I would assume honestly. Especially with the fact that the other two figures are repacks of existing figures, one of which was originally solicited as being exclusive to a Disneyland set, which contains yet another figure that was originally a SDCC exclusive (or something like that), I would not expect them to keep that Luke exclusive to the Rancor.

From what little I do know of Black Series, it seems that their "exclusives" tend not to really remain exclusive for long. Whether that's a good or bad thing, I really couldn't be the judge of.

9. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

I meant whether other people were impressed with the Victory Saber's tiers and how much it managed to get.

That said, yeah, the Rancor stuff does sound lame and overpriced. It certainly is big, but not sure it warrants the current price.

10. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I also heard Rancor's painting was bad and the community at large wasnt too pleased with that for a 350 toy.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The tiers were kind of crap, but I didn't back it for them.
    To be fair, one of our tiers were very slight repaints of easy to find figures.

12. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    To be fair, there was a whole shield accessory with them, not just the micros alone

• Like Like x 4
  13. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

He's also a lot cheaper to begin with

14. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    True, but the micromasters were such a bomb, I would have believed that they were left over stock had the blues not been different. :lol 

15. ze collecter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree but that also wasn't the entire tier, and it's the only way to get those specific versions. All three bonus figures for the Rancor are repacked or are going to be a mainline release in some way. The way they did it was like if they randomly put an unchanged core Optimus Prime in new packaging and called it a bonus tier unlock, but also did that for all but one of the tiers with different figures.

• Like Like x 1
  16. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That figure was tooled up for a mainline Mandalorian version.

17. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Man, I thought we would be talking about new updates to VS because Hasbro gave an update. At least box art or something... :( 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

A question for people who know more about Haslabs than me: does it look like the Rancor is gonna fail?

19. IronSites

IronSites Obviously A Definitely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's kind of hard to say. We haven't experienced a Haslab being met with backlash like this before. The only project that failed before was Cookie Monster, which failed due to a lack of interest not due to anger about the figure. I assume this project will recieve a considerable amount of third party vendor purchases that will tip the scales towards it succeeding, but this is fairly new territory we're getting into with this project.

20. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I think anyone who claims that, "It could easily been sold at retail" or whatever variation of that is ignorant to the realities of retail right now. See how many retailers are ACTUALLY stocking many big sets. How many big items are there really. Remember that size wise the Rancor isn't too shabby. 43" span from fingertip to finger tip? It's a big figure with a lot of plastic and importantly, articulation. So the parts count is there. The paint app budget is intense for things this big.

Everything else I agree. While I'm NOT someone who is worried about tiers, the tiers for the Rancor are fairly lame. Personally, I'm of the mentality that I'm backing for the base project. Any tiers that come along is just extras.

Hard to say. There hasn't been THAT many Haslabs. Only 10 right now and so far the only one that has failed to drum up interest in the end is Cookie Monster. Could Rancor fail? Who knows. Like the rest of the Haslab projects we still haven't factored in affiliate orders. It's POSSIBLE that despite the Haslab cancellations that there could be enough affiliate orders to get it backed bare minimum. Basically we won't know until it ends.

• Like Like x 3