Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I’m very torn. Because on one hand a lot of the older figures had those fun ones (lights and sounds, firing weapons) but at the same time modern figures look much better aesthetically without them bogged down by gimmicks.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ze collecter

ze collecter Brotherhood Paladin

News Credits:
    The only figure that had lights and sounds I liked was T30 Metroplex. He make da vidya game sounds and it makes me happy. Otherwise, it's always been an obtrusive gimmick.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    No, I think Premium should've crashed and burned with such an obviously low value proposition. Why did people sign up for it? The _chance_ at an unknown number of unseen exclusives? Couldn't find a second toy to hit the free threshold regularly enough but somehow thought they were going to make the five necessary just to break even? A leprechaun told them to?

Edit: I guess a Haslab extra would be nice but why should that be hidden behind a mystery subscription model that preys on FOMO and I despise?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  4. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, as a person who does not yet see the value of paying $50 for Premium membership (and thus have not done so), I do not share the above opinion. I'm perfectly fine with Premium members getting extra perks within reason, and consider the "slime" on the Proton Pack entirely within the bounds of reason, IMHO.

• Like Like x 4
  5. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

I’ve had premium since it started and I’ve been able to get every single exclusive I was interested in no problem.

It’s well worth what I pay for every year.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If a hypothetical product contained a hypothetical extra that you so desperately needed to own, sign up for Premium so you can get it. If it's that important to you, surely the $50 fee would be worth it (since you would also parlay that into extra perks to spread the value).

Perks are locked behind a paywall, not people. People just make choices as to whether they want to unlock the paywall.

• Like Like x 3
  7. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

Ebay:
    I had Pulse Premium for like a year and a half when it was free and thought that it would have been totally worth the money as it allowed me to grab the Pit of Judgement set, the Centurion Drone pack, and all the exclusive SeaCons. However I let it lapse this past year since there were limited exclusives that I had my eye on. I reupped just recently to grab the Galvatron reformatted pack as I thought it would sell out fast.
    I guess I’ll see if I think the $50 is a value next year at this time but I’m doubtful as I haven’t heard of any other specials coming down the pike that I’m jazzed for.

8. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    It's actually fairly easy to come up with five or more purchases over the course of an entire year, even just with Transformers, especially since Premium will give you first dibs on just about everything and Pulse is co-offering a lot of other stores' exclusives now.

And that is fine. Just means you're a rational human being (even among others in this often irrational hobby).

• Like Like x 2
  9. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

RiD Prime + Ultra Magnus for around $200 wouldn't be a bad deal. But I totally understand your point. It's Optimus Prime, it'll sell.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

I'm personally not gonna buy premium since I don't order from Pulse enough to justify it (and when I do I order enough to get free shipping), but I can definitely see why it's worth it to some people

• Like Like x 1
  11. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah like I’d back all of the ones I mentioned if it were a Haslab but I think it’d be better if we got one that’s similar to Victory Saber in the sense that it’s not guaranteed to sell well.

• Like Like x 2
  12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Laugh with me!

News Credits:
    A combination of free shipping and peace of mind that, inevitably, I'll get everything I preorder without having to worry about a retailer cancelling on me (see Target/Walmart) or shitting the bed and not getting enough product to fill orders (Amazon).

And not having to hunt anymore, which is a Godsend when you've got a full time job and two young children.

Including *partner exclusives.*

While people here were wringing their hands over the various Walmart/Amazon cancellations, Pulse sent me my Spoiler pack and is where I've currently got my Golden Disc POs.

I'll probably end up switching my Jurassic Park collab to Pulse as well.

• Like Like x 3
  13. SGMan

SGMan Well-Known Member

exactly this. I’ve had major problems with Target, Walmart, and Amazon and their mishandling of exclusives. Netflix Soundwave, Thrust and the Coneheads being canceled. Ironhide/Prowl getting delayed for months before finally showing up shipped with no packaging, shipping label on the artwork, half of the box crushed and a giant hole in the bottom.

Once Pulse started carrying 5% of store exclusives it was a done deal. No cancellations. Everthing shipped protected. Getting Kingdom Red Alert months before Walgreens will likely have him. I don’t miss going to 5 Walmarts per day for a month straight to hunt down an exclusive.

• Like Like x 3
  14. OCDChad

OCDChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have Kingdom Red Alert and will be able to give it as a gift soon. Try getting it from Walgreens right now. It doesn't exist for them.

• Like Like x 3
  15. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I had it the year or so it was free too and I didn't really get anything out of it. I never buy just one figure so I already get free shipping on every order. Everything from every "sneak peak" winds up all over the internet within an hour. That left the unknown number of unseen exclusives. During the period I had early access, the little I was interested in instantly sold out anyway (even the normal stuff sells out too fast). At least when MattyCollector sold you a sight unseen subscription, you were guaranteed to get all of a fixed number of figures.

The poster who got Kingdom Red Alert? Good for you. I got one at a show in September for $30 or $5 over retail. If I want a second, I'll just wait for them to go up online with a 15% off coupon like Earthrise Bluestreak did. My $50 will buy three figures. I consider that a far better deal.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  16. OCDChad

OCDChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has Pulse ever cancelled orders? I don't think there's a better way to guarantee that you get something without going to the secondary market.

17. SGMan

SGMan Well-Known Member

I can’t say they’ve never done so for others but I haven’t had them cancel anything on me. I think they have done a pretty good job on not overselling allotments. Which is why things seem to sell out more frequently on Pulse than other retailers. But then they will restock if more become available. Most retailers seem to keep preorders open for longer and then people get pushed to later waves of product coming in or just outright getting cancelled.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    It may be a trick of memory, but very early days I wanted to try to get a WFC Springer (since the one I have is a bit of a lemon and figured I would try again) from them and it was cancelled on me due to stock availability issues.

I still have the cancelled order in my Pulse history.

19. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Can't you guys make a separate thread about Pulse to argue about this? I keep thinking that something about the thread topic is being discussed.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Tarn31

Tarn31 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, thread has been way off topic lately

• Like Like x 3