Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Mega Convoy

Mega Convoy Well-Known Member

I used to use this argument all the time at Target. It was...not embraced.

Even better -- they send a piece of VS per month! You know like the mob!

If THAT isn't Gundam Style I don't know what is.

This is a perfect example of why thread milestones (or highlights) should be posted in a sort of summary post at the beginning. Otherwise you have to wade through all the nonsen--uh...highly entertaining and spirited posts--to get the main goods related to the actual subject.

That's tit for tat.

This would make a GREAT add-on similar to what Marvel offers with their $50 in points or whatever.

The Star Wars Mando Razor Crest shipping in January should give a pretty decent idea what to expect. Since it comes with one.

THIS RIGHT HERE. There's a probably $300+ Rancor coming up soon. You trying to kill us?? ;) 

TESTIFY!

• Like Like x 3
  2. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Hey at least it confirms the shipping window even more. It’s gonna take a year for it to come anyways.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mega Convoy

Mega Convoy Well-Known Member

How were you able to use Klarna? On Haslab?

4. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

I mean, this is where you pick and choose, right? You can have more HasLabs, but you don't expect everyone to back everything. Even if you have multiple projects for the same franchise, not everyone in that franchise's fanbase will back all of them. Maybe some of them are either out of budget or the fan has no attachment to the character or concept at the heart of the project.

Don't forget the other Brainmasters.

5. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for all your invaluable data! :rock 

• Like Like x 12
  6. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

Would that be more comparable to premium bandai?

• Like Like x 1
  7. SGMan

SGMan Well-Known Member

Yes that is exactly what potential backers will do. But my main point is that Hasbro wants as many of those backers as possible. By running more HasLabs, they risk forcing their backers to choose not to back some due to crowdfunding fatigue or all out wallet exhaustion. Or even deciding not to back something they would have because of what could be coming down the pipeline next. Additionally, something I’ve learned from Kickstarter is you get a lot of pissed off customers when you’ve got multiple projects in funding from one manufacturer when people are still waiting for their previously funded projects to ship from them.

• Like Like x 3
  8. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

A certain Kickstarter project called mighty number 9 comes to mind.

• Like Like x 3
  9. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Goonies Never Die!

Why did you speak of that horror and tragedy ?!?
    F46AD470-61F5-419D-AA61-301E05A65FC7.jpeg

“LikE An anIMe fAN On pRoM NIgHt!”

EDIT:
    I was spared the suffering that Kickstarter backers felt for Mighty Number 9. When the Kickstarter was going I wanted to back it, but was unable to at that time and then felt like I missed out on something magical.

Turns out I dodged a disaster of a game.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  10. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

:ev: 
    At least you dodged a bullet

• Like Like x 3
  11. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Huh, your right. Even the OG G1 toy is flatter than the MP. I just checked the Robot Masters one, and it has the taller back section just like the MP. In fact it's the other way around, since RM came out first, it has the taller back section that the MP took the look from. So that all started with the RM, and continued straight to the MP. I'm sure glad it stop there, and that the Haslab retains the OG G1 toy look of the Saber's jet.

• Like Like x 2
  12. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They haven't done crowd funding that I know of. They do handle more niche projects at a premium price like MC Drop - Street Sharks and Bad Robot® Premium Action Figure. Given how niche some of these projects are, I might want to call it halfway between Has LAb and Premium Bandai.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WereDragon EX

Well, it is important to note that some figures sell at least in part based on their ability to interact with other figures. Combiners are an obvious example of this, and of course, Soundwave and his cassettes are another famous one. I think that if Deathsaurus could form a combiner torso and combine with the limb Destrons, that would also help to sell them as figures, though they already do have sale value as part of a combiner with Leozack and Jallguar. I don't know if adding a combiner gimmick to Deathsaurus will be a big deal in terms of engineering, but it seems like something unobtrusive to me, personally. If you don't like it, you don't necessarily have to use it.

You seem like good company, I totally wouldn't mind. ;) 

That doesn't reduce the fact that both are pretty awesome figures. And I say that as someone who was initially let down by Star Convoy being a POTP Optimus retool.

ELI5?

14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Deathsaurus already interacts with other figures, namely his breastmasters.

• Like Like x 10
  15. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

Insert Austin Powers quote here cause I do not want to piss off a mod

• Like Like x 8
  16. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 KMI Designs

News Credits:
    Just use it at the end of the campaign like -14hrs left Bc the Klarna expires at 24hrs, and hasbro can’t tell the difference.

17. WereDragon EX

Naturally, but that depends on if said breastmasters are included with him in his box or not. If so, they won't really count as "other figures", since you don't have to purchase them separately. And that aside, I do not think people will complain about Deathsaurus interacting with the Destrons. It also means more purchases by the fanbase as well.

18. Tarn31

Tarn31 Well-Known Member

Deathsaurus does not and will not be a combiner. He’s be released as proper update. Making him a combiner would change how the figure would have to be engineering wise. Updates nowadays are proper updates and since he was never a combiner in the show it wouldn’t happen. Victory already has 2 decepticon combiner teams also. No need to add anything else to that. People would 100% complain if he had an unnecessary combiner gimmick instead of just focusing on engineering to make him the best figure he could be as an update to how he actually was in the show

• Like Like x 12
  19. WereDragon EX

Hmmm... We don't know what Hasbro would or would not do, so saying he won't be a combiner when he was one in CW might be premature. One can say that updates are "proper" updates, but we get Sixgun and Brunt with vehicle and robot modes they didn't have in the show, or Sky Lynx getting a base mode that was never a thing before. The way I see, it's more play value to the original figure. I don't see why a figure cannot have a new feature, and yet still be a faithful update, in that sense.

20. Tarn31

Tarn31 Well-Known Member

How they do updates now is different then how they did them in combiner wars. Giving skylynx a base mode isn’t the same as making him a combiner. I see what you mean in the sense of added okay value but it’s just not something Hasbro would do. All that was in CW was skylynx repaint. Also you can’t sell a transformer toy that doesn’t have a robot mode so of course a deluxe figure is going to have a robot mode in your examples about brunt. If that was the case why’d they not make any other characters since wfc combiners that weren’t one? Sure a figure could have new things and be faithful but something as major as making him a combiner isn’t what Hasbro is doing now

• Like Like x 3