Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. volatus

volatus .

That being said, this fact may be revised if we get close to the end date of the campaign and the numbers are still close...

• Like Like x 4
  2. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks a lot cooler. They should have had a prototype ready, but whatever, I guess. This picture makes me want to buy him. I don't know anything about this dude and didn't grow up watching him. This gives me hope for a cool Powermaster Prime Haslab. I'm kind of disappointed in him for some reason. There is no wow factor, I guess. Its not as impressive as I thought it would be I guess.
    EDIT: I ordered two I guess. We'll see.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Miles Wolf

Miles Wolf Well-Known Member

Nope, that's not what I said. I critise the ones who made it/designed it, not the ones who like it. And I'm not saying they are terrible persons (wtf) I just said they did a very bad work, and I think that work is shameful for the reasons I gave before. Note the HUGE difference.

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Damn backing this is only making me want this so bad. I've been wanting to get a Star Saber for a long goddamn time now but we're also getting Victory Leo on top!?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks decent enough. Seems like we're basically getting something around the Commander or 'Combiner Wars Combiner' rough size for a Titan price. Seems reasonable enough, give or take. I am happy that it's "Victory Saber" and Victory Leo is not part of a stretch goal as some previously speculated, like some video game that hides 2/5 of its content behind a DLC paywall. It's kinda nice that this isn't another $300 to $700 'big' project, but seems kinda lacking in the sort of audacity that brought us a giant-ass Unicron, hitting home that this is largely a fancy Commander/Titan toy that Hasbro lacks sufficient confidence in for a retail release.

I'm probably going to hold off until the deadline comes close before I make a final decision. Partly because I'm hoping some color images will be posted before the deadline, but also because I need to hype myself up a bit. Star Saber has never been that exciting to me. He's a cool-looking robot, but one that turns into a cinder block with winglets and a canopy that can only charitably be called a 'vehicle', coming from Takara's proto-Brave era full of cool big leader robots that gimmick with other robot and combine together with MORE ROBOT for EVEN MORE BIGGER ROBOT!! Fun, but not necessarily the fun I look for in Transformers. Regardless there's a good chance I'll e biting. The price tag is probably the least of my concerns. After all, it costs less than when I bought the G1 toy back in 1999, and that was only for Star Saber, not Leo.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    and if i went out on the street and started shaming you for the quality of your work you'd distinguish that from a personal attack too right?

• Like Like x 8
  7. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

“I should be allowed to go on the internet and say whatever I like to whoever I like but if someone calls me out for it then they’re the problem” - you

Do what you like, I’m not stopping you. I just think you’re making yourself look stupid by making personal attacks against toy designers.

• Like Like x 14
  8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
  9. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  10. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

To merge with Sky Garry and Star Convoy, better? Or be in line with the characters he interacts with in similar sizes? Grandus has never been Metroplex sized. Like, fictionally? Their big gimmick together is this whole thing. He's always been 'Just a bit bigger than Sky Garry', so him being Titan sized would mean you'd need Star Convoy and Sky Garry to also be Titan sized and uh... Well, given they're about Star Saber's size? Yeah, bit too big.

There's inherant comedy in "Star Convoy tows around a whole Titan", don't get me wrong, but, it also wouldn't really look the part.

• Like Like x 4
  11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think maybe you can give them some wiggle room on that statement, when you consider that this is perhaps their first original toy, designed to be a Japanese guy first and foremost. Artfire and Ricochet are just redecoes of normal US characters. Skyshadow was just a retool of Thunderwing initially, and then later a pre-tool for Overlord. And then Overlord himself has some wiggle room because he wasn't technically a Japan-exclusive character, having also released in Europe. Black Zarak is a retool of the American Scorponok. And Hasbro didn't release Ginrai.

So it's their first purely Japanese guy, designed to be a Japanese guy, and it's just easier to say "first" in marketing speak rather than go through all those qualifiers. It's not like it really matters if he's first, or last, or in the middle. It just sounds good, and it's technically true, in a sense.

• Like Like x 11
  12. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Seriously! I don’t know why Hasbro didn’t do digibashes like they did for when they revealed Selects BlackZarak and left us to do it ourselves

• Like Like x 2
  13. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    He did Victory Saber but not the individual Star Saber &!Victory Leo robot modes

• Like Like x 1
  15. samisham

Someone has done Victory Leo, now we just need Star Saber.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sky79

Sky79 Well-Known Member

Ha....... Thought so.

Enjoy

You and I are going to get along just fine :D 

So, by your own words, we agree.

AMIGO!!!

17. samisham

Does anyone have an idea of how tall this one is relative to the original?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ive seen what makes Star Wars fans happy so this is a positive for me

• Like Like x 2
  19. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

I'm aware of how HasLab works, thank you kindly. It's still never going to sit well with me when crowdfunding is used by those with more than enough money to make it happen regardless, even if this is a price point that for the first time falls within reason for me personally.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

They don’t have money by wasting money. This is not a project they would ever roll the dice on in a mainstream release. It’s this or nothing.

• Like Like x 9