Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

2006 called and they are freaking out. It started with this:

[​IMG]

And continues with this:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's possible.

Terrax wasn't bad, but could definitely stand to be redone as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

8. While it's great to interview Hasbro employees from Design and Marketing, it's also great to find some actual Transformers fans with some charisma and personality and let them off the leash so they can speak realistically about their likes, dislikes, hopes, and wants for the figure, because that's what we're all talking about anyway. The thin guy on the left always looks like they literally have a gun to his head. He's fucking terrified! Let him get back to the R&D lab--his element--and put someone in front of the camera that wants to do this. Don't make them read from a script with shitty buzz words like "hype" and "clout" and "yaaaass", influencers are fucking cancer given humanoid form. Real fans, not people who shill on youtube for a living. Not hot chicks who've never touched a transformer. Not random D-list "celebrities" who were in a B-movie with Shia LeBeouf 15+ years ago. All the out-of-touch disingenous shit falls flat every fucking time. Do better, Hasblah.

• Like Like x 5
  4. GGGG00

GGGG00 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While this looks decent enough, I prefer the proportions of the MP version though. Wonder if the Haslab version has any input from the Takara team Why reinvent the wheel when there's already a ready to use MP version. But at least they got one thing right - offering Victory Leo together, it still puzzles me today why Takara goes into MP Star Saber without planning for Victory Leo.

Personally, I would prefer a re-imagination of Victory Saber along the style of the non-transforming furai figure. I would have thought a modern engineering, better ariticulated update could easily be done through mainlines. Recent mainline releases strike a good balance between G1 accuracy and playability. For a mainline release, I could do without the brainmaster gimmick.

5. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This feels like a figure from several years ago just with added panel lines. Idk a lot of it doesn't look very modern.

6. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To think that Classics was just a quick and dirty filler line because the 2007 Movie got pushed back a year. It's been the foundation of Hasbro's Transformers business since DotM wrapped up and Generations 2012 kicked into high gear. It's been the golden age of being a Transfans. I still remember the days we were scouring for look alikes in energon or upgraded G1 figures to fill in order core characters. Now we're getting the other actual holy grail (after a gargantuan unicron), made to order. Oh and that's with Black Zarak coming early next year, Star Convoy last year, a Jetfire that looks like Skyfire 2 years ago, Dai Atlas 3 years ago, Leader class dinobots, Quintessons, and not one but two excellent "voyager seeker" molds.

Hell, I remember ordering OS KOs of Legends class Starscream on SirToys just to get a respectable voyager seeker.

Transfans have truly climb almost every mountain in recent years. There's really only a few more: Countdown base, a legit Powermaster Optimus Prime, Deathsaurus, a good Thunderwing and G1 Bludgeon, and seeing if we can do make Pretenders work.

Before long the only mountain left to climb will be "can we do a gun... i mean "submarine" Megatron and get away with it"? We've been spoiled.

• Like Like x 8
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Okay....and maybe they'll offer that someday. In the meantime, here's an option for those if us who want a fully featured version in the WfC style.

Yup. People laughed at the original goal and in the last 48 hours it's drawn nearly 5k backers.

• Like Like x 4
  8. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    Please stop talking about Galactus. The more you talk about him the more I want to get him and my wallet can’t take it…

• Like Like x 3
  9. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP Star Saber was Takara's 30th anniversary celebration figure. Per an interview, it was designed different from the other MPs, to have cartoon influences for sure, but really be the "ultimate toy" version of the G1 release. Asthetically, it's a mix of the two.

MP Star Saber is about in scale with CHUG. Star Saber's combined form is the size of a small combiner, and MP Star Saber is that (but bulkier). But asthetically it's a way off CHUG. Still, I keep him with my CHUGs.

This Haslab Starsaber has modern CHUG asthetics, and it looks like it'll scale correctly with both other combiners and with Dai Atlas, but minus the Bulk.

It's necessary, and also completely different.

• Like Like x 1
  11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It's also the better option for people like me who've always wanted Saber and can't afford MP + Simba.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

Look at all those god damned clowns like the fucking circus

• Like Like x 2
  13. Arnhide

Arnhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  14. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Meh. I may buy one but Victory isn’t my jam. Wake me up when we get a Haslab 86 movie Autobot City Titan that transforms into battle station mode.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right there with ya honestly. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Do we think it'll have the crhome chest chevrons or will it be regular paint?

17. G1 Cassette Hunter

G1 Cassette Hunter Hunting the Elusive G1 Cardbacks

News Credits:
    Anyone notice on this there is a per customer limit - not a per order limit like Unicron had? That is going to make it more complicated for me to order 67 of them atm lol. Yes - I am a volume buyer for a group of collectors. I may have to contact them directly to see if they can offer me a volume purchase with credentials. Anyone else in my type of situation?

• Like Like x 2
  18. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    I could've lived with the proportions. I'm hung up on the lack of individual articulation, the gaps, the lack of diecast and the overall shoddiness of the figure. This just looks big (for CHUG) and cheap. If that's what you can do for under 200, then ask for more. This is the most "blah" Haslab yet.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    upload_2021-8-27_19-56-2.jpeg

20. VorZorV

VorZorV Nostalgia High Achieved

Just found out about this and backed it instantly. Looks awesome. Excited!

• Like Like x 1