Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

Brilliant.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. Lore Keeper

Lore Keeper Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    It's not a retail figure, but it's very comparable to one. There are the same hollow parts, empty forearms and similar articulation to anything put out on toy shelves. Without the tier bonus extras, there's not much pushing these figures to the price that's being asked. The only thing that makes for a good argument for the price is the lower production run, and even that isn't entirely convincing for the full $180.

• Like Like x 2
  3. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Affiliate and international orders usually dump twice the amount that's already there to that amount, right? If anything, mine's an underestimate.

4. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

Why are people still having these discussions, and trying to push personal perspective of value to build a case for…. What?
    What exactly is the case being made?
    (And why is that case being being made?)

I’m not coming down on any of you all, I’m just always baffled.
    Its a toy.
    If you don’t find the price outlandish or unaffordable, buy it.
    If not, don’t, and no one will think less of you.

Just seems like you can’t boil it down past that reasoning. Everything else feels like wasted energy and time….

• Like Like x 12
  5. SGMan

SGMan Well-Known Member

people like to think their opinion matters probably. It doesn’t though. No one really cares what anyone else thinks.

• Like Like x 13
  6. Magna Prime

Magna Prime Well-Known Member

I will glad sell mine for a mere 20k

• Like Like x 4
  7. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

It's pretty cool to see the same designer back, I'm hoping that means he had it in mind to fix some of the flaws with the MP. Also, I think this one has the new sword hilt.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just think there’s a lot of variables. Like so far I think that Victory Saber is the most obscure Haslab yet. Unicron is one of the biggest baddies in all of transformers, Sentinel and Galactus are both huge in marvel, Jabba’s Sail Barge is an iconic set in one of the biggest franchises of all time, Razor Crest was the main ship in one of the most popular shows currently. Whereas Victory Saber is a Japanese transformers protagonist. I don’t foresee it doing more than Galactus. But again, I wouldn’t be mad to be wrong, just surprised. I’ll happily eat my words!

• Like Like x 2
  9. samisham

I would say that while that is true, Haslab is for hyper fans of each franchise, the kind of people where Star Saber isn't obscure to them.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It might not convince you, but it is part of the reality. A lower production run means the price per unit is higher. That is a basic fact of manufacturing.

• Like Like x 7
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If we want obscure, I’m down for a Haslab MPM Devcon

• Like Like x 1
  12. samisham

I read these in a 1920s radio voice and recommend all of you do the same.

9/10 doctors agree.

• Like Like x 4
  13. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is wonderful. You forgot the symptom of "Let's say go!" outbursts, and your medical team needs better names for medical diseases as "itis" more commonly refers to inflammation. If anything, wallets are atrophying

• Like Like x 3
  14. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could make the same argument about this website. You’d think people who visit transformers would know who Victory Saber is, but I’ve seen many comments form people who don’t know who this is and so they won’t back him.

You have to remember that transformers isn’t the only brand that Hasbro makes toys for. Marvel or Star Wars fans that pay attention to Haslab and what not might see this figure and be like “who is this” and not back. If they do a G.I. Joe Haslab there is a 99% chance that I’ll have no clue who/ what it is. So even though I’m primarily a Transformers collector I still recognized Galactus because he’s such an important character. If I had’ve started collecting marvel legends (which I still might) I may have picked up a Galactus. Victory Saber does not have the same reach.

If Unicron and Victory Saber were priced the same I do think that Unicron would win every time.

Like I’ve said, I do hope that I am wrong and Victory Saber does extremely well. But a lot of people are comparing this to Haslab’s like Galactus, who is one of the biggest bad guys in all of marvel history. Or the Razor Crest which had the benefit of being the main ship of the protagonist of one of the biggest shows of the past twoish years.

Also, even though it may come off this way, I’m not trying to be super negative. I really want this to be as successful and am super impressed by how far it has gotten already! I truly do hope I’m wrong!

15. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

My guess for final numbers is gonna be somewhere between 19,000 and 25,000. I definitely don't think it'll reach at or above Galactus' numbers, but I do think there's a damn good chance it'll go well over Tier 3.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

I like to think of Percentage values over absolute. Think in the case of Galactus being 31,525, or 225 percent, so Victory Saber in that number is about 24,700. Even at the worst we should be about 140 percent which is 15,400 and that is the first tier no issues

• Like Like x 5
  17. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

Hate to chime in with economic reality, but everything is going up in price. Audio receivers that were $2300 just a year ago are now $2800. Not a new model, the same exact model. The price of wood has gone insane in the last year. Beef prices are probably up 30%. Even lobster in the Northeast is $11-$12 a pound when it was $4-$6 a pound 2 years ago. Don't get me started on ammunition. Hell, I'm surprised that the standard Transformer lines haven't gone up significantly in the last few years.

A 40 ft. shipping container that was $7K a few years ago is now $26K. I don't see prices coming down any time in the near future.

• Like Like x 12
  18. Skavatar

Skavatar Well-Known Member

pretty sure the Asia backers will bring in around 10,000 so the 20,000 Tier 3 is attainable.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Lore Keeper

Lore Keeper Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    For me, the conversation started out just asking why people kept calling these guys Commander class toys when, as the very designer of the toys established, they are not.
    I'm not saying limited runs don't bring up the price. I'm doubting that the cost of production drives it up high enough to warrant what they're asking for this set. I really think they're overshooting the price and would be able to get far more backers if it were more reasonable. The production run is only as limited as there are people willing to back this. If it were more affordable, it would allow them to make their money while putting far more copies out into the world.

20. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

I think G1 Devcon is more obscure than Star Saber.