Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Had it been the shield alone I'd agree, but since it has Holi and Fire, the former being a massive request, I'd bet that pushes it to 20. I'd wager a 22k final tally

• Like Like x 1
  2. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

Lets run completely theoretical numbers. As of now, we sit at 12700ish. Unicron likely added at least 6000 foreign backers in the last week of the campaign. Given the price and popularity overseas of Star Saber I would expect at least that much. That conservatively brings us close to 19k. Most of the Haslab campaigns have also had a late "local" surge. Im not sure where this is ending up, but unless Haslab substantially changed their methodology for adding affiliate and TT orders, I have no reason to believe this won't make 20000 or close to it, at which point Im pretty sure there will be enough of a surge to push to 20k.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  3. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lmao they said that a figure that was voted to be the next figure in the masterpiece line would ruin the line? How funny haha.

• Like Like x 3
  4. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Exactly! Even if Star Saber is similar to a gundam physically (I don’t think so personally), but what qualifies how a transformer actually looks? G1ish designs? The transformers always had different style across its lifetime. It’s absurd to call star saber a non transformer because he looks like a gundam.

• Like Like x 2
  5. PhoenixWielder

PhoenixWielder Active Member

A Transformer, Star Saber, gets called a Gundam.

The large Gundam at Yokohama gets called a Transformer.

Perhaps they are one and the same.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

Ah that my dear friend is called a Brave

• Like Like x 5
  7. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Think of it this way, if everyone who backed now bought a second, we'd be way over the 20,000 mark. You'd just help it get there faster

• Like Like x 1
  8. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Or you just bought a hump of plastic you didn't need?

9. dljbae

dljbae Well-Known Member

In the cartoon, is Leo and and saber the same height? Or is Leo shorter and accurately represented in this haslab version

10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're roughly the same height in the toon, victory Leo was made shorter for this release for stability reasons in combined mode

• Like Like x 2
  11. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't that what we are doing already?

• Like Like x 2
  12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasn't the original Star Saber designed by one of the people behind Gundam design? I thought for sure I read that somewhere on here (TFW, perhaps not this thread). I'm almost certain I read that here.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Ghido

Ghido Member

Star Saber was designed by Kunio Okawara, who basically designed every anime robot toy during the 80s and 90s. That includes stuff like Z Gundam, Votoms, Xabungle, and especially the following Brave series with Takara.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know the answer to your question. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

Ebay:
    I'm honestly really happy that I backed this. After seeing Unicron (I don't follow any other action figure scene, (like Marvel or Star Wars)), I wasn't sure that they'd ever make something for a """""""""reasonable"""""""""" price. Lo and Behold, they pick out one of the coolest characters to do with his best pal/ combiner partner and potentially all of their gear.

I think I can say with certainty that we're guaranteed the V-Lock cannon, but I do hope we can reach tiers 2 and 3.

And, while I don't say this to pat myself on the back or to fellate any of our egos, I think it's cool that at least in some respect, everyone backing is playing a part in the brand; I think the general consensus of this being some form of experiment to see if JG1 characters would do well in markets outside of Japan (not that they've exactly had much time in the spotlight over there, either.)

Full on Deluxe-sized renditions of Goshooter, Minerva, and Cab (as headmasters, no less) would be hella cool. Even if they did the Decepticon ones too, like Blood, Cancer and the like.

I for one would LOVE a new God Ginrai + God Bomber, even if it's a HasLab. Road Cesar would also be hella cool!

• Like Like x 6
  16. darthschroeder

darthschroeder Macro-Con

Coulda swore they said that they were working on a way to get the sword blade to have a different orientation in the hilt. It looks pretty weird the way it is now and I really hope they are able to get it to look more like the MP figure's sword. Shouldn't Sabre have his own smaller sword or was that just something made for the MP figure?

• Like Like x 1
  17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's another anime/MP invention.

18. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

Ebay:
    Hey yeah, didn't they say something about that on the stream? IIRC, they said that they'll make it so that the blade can match both the toy and anime positions.

• Like Like x 1
  19. FORT MAXie

FORT MAXie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    POTP leader 50 USD times 2 because one is shorter to allow for the blaster stand 5 bucks maybe let's say it does cost a bit more for the leaders now thou it should not since made in Tawain so those taxes have not changed and the cost of plastic has not changed so we got 2 leaders class figs and 2 micromasters est worth 8 to 10 bucks. if you think for a mint ht stand is worth 25 bucks oh boy do I got a load of things to sell you. It's overpriced so was Unicron and so is so much stuff now 10 years ago we got large more complex figures with more paint apps for 1/2 the cost, only 10 years ago. Now 12 to 14 years ago they were 1/3 the price hell ultra-class back then came with electronics and the same size and cost 1/2 the price. so we are getting at most 135usd worth of stuff prepaid which means they collect interest off this for over a year like Unicron have you seen the rates Hasbro gets... it's a freaking multi billion dollar company trying the milk the fans so the CEO can get a fat bonus check and a gold watch when he leaves.

135usd for all tiers would be a fair price and gives hasbro ample earnings considering they are collecting mad interest for about a year.

They designed it for the POTP vote it's the old leader scale. Leo is smaller to account for the gun plastic.

ya they add the online sales like Takara tomy but they already added 3 thousand i guess enough to get it made thou that might be it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2021
  20. CrossHero

CrossHero Nothing is too weird

I don´t think that the Haslab Star Saber is the same as the PotP version would have been. This new one seems to take a lot of engineering influence from more recent figures, like Jetfire.

Also you seem to forget that Star Saber is only going to get a limited production run. So a higher price is normal.
    Just take a look at the old BotCon exclusives, or even tfcc figures, they were far more expensive then your regular figures, despite beeing just a redeco and from time to time a head retool. And the reason for that was the limited production run.
    Now we take the concept of a limited run for a entire new mold, that is larger then a deluxe or voyager mold and you might see why your price whish isn´t realistic.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 10