Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

Yes but Takara is only a company who has been selling toys for decades. And me, well I’m a dude on an Internet forum. I know everything.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 17
  2. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

What worries me a bit is that we're getting about 500 buys week, I hope we at-least reach the V-Canon tier.

• Like Like x 3
  3. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i want to show some history lesson that shows from g1 the prices outside of us always significantly higher.
    But decided I’m to tired to do that

• Like Like x 7
  4. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Takara preorders are live already?! Ok! LETS SAY GO!

• Like Like x 1
  5. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Master of the Kerfuffle

Once all the tallies start coming in from all over, I'd be shocked if we didn't hit the v-lock cannon or maybe even the stand tier.

• Like Like x 5
  6. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

Honestly I’m pretty optimistic it’ll hit the shield tier.

• Like Like x 8
  7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yay! Takara-Tomy listing... That'll help! I'm genuinely excited by Victory Saber. :D 

You're right, you don't sugarcoat disrespect... You're quite well-versed in bluntly giving a ton of it, yourself. You can dish it but you don't want to take it. People are trying to reason with you, here, and you're just ignoring them on purpose because you won't be denied.

You don't have to be an economics expert...

Mother's basement? Disrespect? My gosh.

You call Hasbro cheap AF and get upset when people point out problems with your assessment and then you call it an attack... Yet, in a ton of other threads, when someone makes even a remotely negative comment about Bayverse movies and toys (not other people, just the toys and movies!) you attack the person and make personal digs/attacks all the time. I've personally witnessed it and been on the receiving end of it.

You cannot have it both ways. You don't get to attack people and pretend you have moral superiority and then get upset when people point out the flaws in that, and pretty much all of your arguments. That's not how this works. I used to post in much the same manner you do now and it cost me. I learned a lesson out of it, too. We're not always right. That includes you. No one is.

They are not going to throw an extra figure in at the current less than $200.00 asking price, it's not viable, they're not willing to lose money on this, and that's all there is to it. They refuse to do such a thing, so getting upset about it does you no good. (Or anyone else.)

• Like Like x 15
  8. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    The big difference here, is that with Tamashii, their web store stuff is generally limited to Japan. Stuff that isn’t Japan limited is roughly the same price (accounting for exchange rate etc). In this case, Takara, which is a co-owner of the brand mind you—don’t forget on every Transformer box, it clearly states “manufactured under license from Tomy Co. Ltd.”—is essentially charging what an importer would charge to sell a US exclusive in Japan, despite being the producer of said item. I think that’s criminal, people like to say “oh, well, Takara has to put their margin in there”, but don’t forget—Hasbro’s $179 price includes Hasbro’s margin, so what are we supposed to conclude? That Takara is paying Hasbro profit? And taking their own on top of that? If so, shame on Hasbro for trying to extort their business partner. And if not, and Takara is trying to squeeze double Hasbro’s margin out of the Japanese fans, then seriously f*** them, that’s disgusting, greedy, and just sad.

Don’t worry—I know the whole history, I’ve been collecting for around 31 years now. Yes, in Japan, we’ve always paid slightly higher prices, but that’s usually do to Japan’s unique retailer system where manufacturers are forced to pay high margins to wholesaler intermediaries in order to get products on shelves—a system you don’t have in the US. Aside from that, it’s also due to exhange rates, because the yen is rarely ¥100/$1—it averages around ¥105-¥114/$1 which adds to the retail price as well. In this case though, no wholesalers are involved, and even with the exchange rate, this should have been at most around 23,000 yen, so this 27,000 price tag is just greed.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

It's greed that makes our plastic crack big buddy ;) (unfortunately, you and me are hooked:eek: ) and the extra price on it is the sales tax (for JP that is. Every wonder why in JP sites like amiami, hobbysearch and hlj that the price has indeed a mark difference? )Aside being a PO early bird price, the price sold abroad from JP is sans their sales tax.

I'm not defending it. Heck, if I can get a special something I want in JP for the cheap I'd bite any opportunity offered to me (even if it is preowned but in awesome condition as some of my collection are sourced from.....pre owned).

10. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus 9 Great Demon Generals progress: 3/9

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To add on to this, how many who already own the MP Starsaber are gonna bite?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

How many fans, Japanese or other, have multiple versions of Optimus, Rodimus, Magnus, etc…?

There’s definitely gonna be folks who skip this because they own the MP version but there’s also folks who own the MP version and will get this one too. I won’t pretend to have a clue at guessing the sizes of each group of fans but it doesn’t really matter IMO because SS is a big deal in Japan regardless.

• Like Like x 5
  12. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus 9 Great Demon Generals progress: 3/9

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Simple food for thought.

13. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @RodimusZero look, Japan's not paying any more than most other countries that aren't the US are for Star Saber.

• Like Like x 2
  14. G1 Grimlock

G1 Grimlock Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Oh hell yes

• Like Like x 1
  15. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I like to jump on this thread every now and then just because I know there's always some argument going on and I've never been disappointed.

Anyways, I'm still excited for this dude. There's no way it doesn't hit the goal at this rate.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

It's true that Victory Saber isn't an army builder but some people are definitely going to buy multiples to display them in different modes. That's one of the reasons I'm interested in this figure despite already owning the MP. Of course I have no idea of how this will compare to people army building the Sentinel. Anyway, I agree that this probably won't top Galactus' numbers but reaching the third tier is more than possible.

I strongly suspect that if a campaign comes so close to being funded Hasbro would find a way to fudge the numbers and make it happen, be it by strinking deals with retailers to order additional copies, extending the deadline or simply saying that they'll produce the figure regardless for the sake of their beloved fans.

• Like Like x 1
  17. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    For real, with Takara’s preorders now open I wouldn’t be surprised if I wake up tomorrow to see it at least the minimum 11000 backers to go into production

18. Tanafor

Tanafor Autobots at work

News Credits:
    I'm still thinking about it. I have the G1, Robotmasters and MP versions (KFC Simba included), but I don't consider myself a Victory Saber collector. I just buy what I like. And my feeling towards these guys is... they look fun. I'm not thrilled about them. If I buy them, I will play five, six times before abandoning them in a storage box. If they came before the MP then sure, but in this moment I think they are like a backwards step. But that's my though as well about the whole Generations momentum (little creativity, lack of thrill, slightly fun), so...

Sorry for my boring thoughts. Still thinking about it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 My hyper-fuel may be a little too hyper

Finally! I'm surprised it took this long to get Japan involved. It's only the home country of Star Saber! So they get less time than everyone else. I wonder what the back story to the Japan delay was? I would guess Japan was waiting for color photos before selling it.

20. PloverNutter

PloverNutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Japanese orders don’t get added to the backer count live like the regular Pulse orders do. I would expect massive orders coming in around 10/6, which is about 5 days before the campaign ends.

• Like Like x 1