Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Lone Wolf and Cub.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely had head articulation if you watched the original stream

• Like Like x 3
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Saber has head articulation via the Brainmaster being situated in a barrel inside the chest. It moves side to side but not up and down which is on par with the MP

• Like Like x 6
  4. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    I may have to order a second one to keep in the box.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tarn31

Tarn31 Well-Known Member

I agree I think anything else besides that isn’t too realistic

6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    That's part of leaning in to it, though. It's clearly part of the project as they chose to acknowledge it and didn't take any of the images with the shield down. Why just come out and say something on a random Facebook post when they can now have the images and the little coy post help build up hype for the last reveal?

Like I said, marketing/social media had to get the OK to make that comment. The post itself and the phrasing were a choice. Lots of people mentioned the shield, but they picked one that referenced it in context of the last stretch goal.

Also, where did Tier 4 come from? They've only got 3 listed on the site. Are we sure they didn't mistakenly say "four tiers" because they were counting the base tier of "the project is funded and gets made?" Because there are already four in that regard. Three of which are stretch goals.

And yes, there is a semantic difference between "tiers" and "stretch goals" because it's important that people don't hype themselves up for a fourth stretch goal when there's no indication on the project page that any such thing exists.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

It's happened before where tiers are added when goals are beyond met, like if something has 3 but end up getting 6000 more then the original final tier

• Like Like x 1
  8. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

My hope is that the shield is part of tier 3 and there is another part (Holi, tail whip, etc...) that would be significant enough to generate another burst of interest. Otherwise it seems like they were using their "last bullet" a bit soon, when the color images themselves would have sufficed.

9. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    There's also the difference in price between the Xmen projects and this. 17000 Galactus backers at $400 is a lot more money than 17000 Saber backers at $180.

I would also argue that people who think the higher the stretch goal the flashier the bonus are mistaking the purpose of the stretches. Look at Galactus. The first three were Heralds, but the last one was a new head. In that regard, the final stretch was a fun little bonus that if the project didn't hit there wouldn't be all that much missed.

I think the team sees the shield in that same regard. They feel the V-Lock is the most important accessory so that comes first. From there they decided a stand to display the ship on would be a great bonus. And then the shield was the least important accessory to them. Because it wasn't used all that much in the show itself, so if it were left out the figure would still feel complete with the stand and V-Lock.

Their intent wasn't to use the last bullet. It appears that was an accident.

Similar to when they first launched Kingdom and accidentally used promo art that included four figures that weren't being made (Gears, Polar Claw, and two additional Fossiliziers)

• Like Like x 4
  10. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Exactly what I was getting at. It's strictly theoretical, of course.

• Like Like x 1
  11. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I should also add: Sentinel's stretch goals were all accessories except for *one* additional figure.

upload_2021-9-23_10-42-53.png

And in that case, it was the perfect fit. Part of what pushed Sentinel to such a quick success was his natural army-builder status. Hasbro took advantage of this buy making stretch goals that would reward backers with additional heads so their multiple Sentinels had options to look different from one another.

It's another reason why Galactus was primarily Heralds until the *final* stretch. At that point Hasbro knew there would be backers who bought multiples. So they added a second head. Now people had a reason to get 2 if they were really diehard about it.

So the idea that Galactus having three brand new figures is somehow indicative of the norm is misguided. He wasn't. Both Sentinel and the Razor Crest primarily got new accessories and upgrades to the core figure itself. (The Razor Crest got *two* additional figures, but they were of Grogu and a Jawa...both of which would be smaller and far less complex than a Legends figure, let alone a Transformer)

• Like Like x 2
  12. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would have preferred Jan over the shield. I think his son is a bit more important to him than a shield he used all of once.

• Like Like x 2
  13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Victory Saber is a toy and thus has no opinion regarding what is "more important" to him. While it would be a nice addition, the V-Lock, stand and shield would create a single cohesive display piece.

Additionally, many collectors would likely prefer accessories for their toy instead of stuff like that which they'd likely put in a bin and never think of again. Compare Jan to the Wheelie and Daniel that come with the SS86 Dinobots. There are people (myself included) who would have preferred those were additional accessories for the Dinobots.

Like, seriously, I really wish SS86 Grimlock had his sword...accuracy be damned.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Tarn31

Tarn31 Well-Known Member

So for yourself or anyone else who wants a Jan, how would you want that or expect it? Because a human character would probably be a minifig or possibly a non possible figure. A Jan would be cool but the realistic way Hasbro would do it might not be great. To be clear a Jan would be cool to me if it was actual posable

15. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    So if I get what you're saying Gears is actually the 4th stretch goal for Saber? Got it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *looks at my Gear-less shelf*

:cry 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    How about have the whole figure as the base tier for starters and make more rewarding tiers to actually invoke excitement.

18. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    From Hasbro's perspective, who the hell is Jan? They're making Star Saber because of the demand/popularity for the toy.

No, Polar Claw. C'mon man pay attention.

They got roughly 4-5k backers in the first weekend, climbed over 8000 on the backs of grey prototypes, a gun, and a flight stand. All they did was put up some color pics yesterday and it shot over 9000.

I dunno what universe you're on, but this project is damn near funded and we've still got just over 2 weeks left. People seem pretty excited to me.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The whole figure is the base tier, the accessories aren't necessary

• Like Like x 7
  20. PloverNutter

PloverNutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So for all the people that want a Jan figure, what exactly do you want? Do you want something in scale with Star Saber? Then wouldn't that be the same size of the mini-figures that came with Unicron and the Ark since Jan is a child?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5