Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You could get a good pistol for that much. A little less than 600 even!

2. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There will only be one.

It's a limited edition set of niche characters that comes with two Leader Class figures at a scale and aesthetic that many of us have waiting for. The price is surprisingly low so long as you're not comparing it to retail prices, at which rare characters would never even be sold. If you don't want it, then don't back it, but don't spread the notion that it's overpriced. It's not really helping those who want to buy it for their own speicifc reasons.
    I wasn't replying to any of the chess posts. I was talking about those who think that HasLab Victory Saber is overpriced, which is ridiculous. Skim through some of these posts or look on YouTube and you'll find them.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thread has been off topic for a little bit now. They're talking about that chess set, not Victory Saber.

4. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

The only reason I can think of for Takara not opening preorders is that they might want to sell Victory Saber as a regular TTMall release, since he's a popular character in Japan, but they can only do so after the project is funded in order to not invalidate the Haslab campaign. As others said, that could negatively impact future campaigns for japanese characters...but it's entirely possible Hasbro has no plans for such campaigns. It would also feel weird and annoying if the project doesn't reach all the stretch goals but it would have with sales in Japan. I guess we can only wait and see, luckily the numbers so far are good even without Takara.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Obnimaz

Obnimaz Well-Known Member

My theory on the Takara delay at this point is: Takara's will somehow be presented differently, either with an actual extra or presented as auto including the V Lock cannon, and offered after it's officially unlocked.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah. I don't think Takara is going to do this as a regular release (not being available any other way is the entire point of Haslab), nor do I think they're going to place their own order like some retailer (just doesn't make sense), or even present it differently in any way (because they'll simply be joining the existing campaign).

I think that Takara knows its market, and will open pre-orders with a week or two window. Nothing special, nothing different, no wild internet conspiracy theories inventions, just them and a nation full of collectors willing and able to throw money at short notice.

• Like Like x 3
  7. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, I would have had no problem with him being a Headmaster and utilizing the Titans Return style head. I had even held out hope that we would have gotten Star Saber as the ultimate culmination of the Prime Wars trilogy utilizing the Titan Master gimmick in place of the Brainmaster, the Leader class Matrix upgrade gimmick to convert from Saber to Star Saber, and a combined form with Victory Leo that somehow used the Combiner Wars locking mechanism to attach the V-Leo feet. Probably would’ve been overkill and unnecessarily engineered for that last bit.

Anyway, judging from the projections, I’m beginning to worry this may not get funded unless there’s a sudden surge near the end. There’s only about 100 new backers per day which might leave the project about 1000 short. However, it seems like Hasbro really wants to make these projects regardless of their deadline and I’ve seen them push back the deadline before to get in more backers.

They also seem to really want to make these stretch goals happen regardless if my only other experience with a HasLab project has any bearing. I backed the HeroQuest project last year and they just announced that even though they didn’t reach the stretch goal with Joe Manganiello and the dragon miniature, they’re gonna add it in anyway (albeit only for those who backed at the highest tier). Who knows? Maybe they plan to throw the gun in there no matter what?

• Like Like x 1
  8. PloverNutter

PloverNutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I completely forgot that thing existed, and based on how it’s going it looks like everyone else did to.

9. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

there is
    a l w a y s
    a sudden surge of backers near the end

the chances of this not reaching the minimum goal at this point are quite slim

• Like Like x 14
  10. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    8,257 we are officially over 75% funded! Hasbro called it a little early, but we're chugging along!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’ve got my order in, and if all goes right closer to the end, I’ll get another one. Not sure, though.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TrueLeaderGalvatron

TrueLeaderGalvatron Well, That's Just Prime!

I ordered this when it first got announced and I am looking forward to it hopefully getting backed. It would be awesome to see some colour shots though, and I'm also wondering what the tier 3 unlock could possibly be.

13. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

It looks OK to me but doesn't seem all that practical to use as a chess set. Maybe I'm missing something but its gotta be hard to play when you can't easily tell (for example) a Knight from a Bishop etc.

14. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I don't know, maybe Takara just believes they know their market best and they don't think they will "easily" sell twice of anything, or like with Unicron since they weren't directly a part of Haslab's crowdfunding maybe they don't want to create any pretense with early POs? With Unicron there was always speculation that Takara's numbers didn't help the crowdfund and were treated separately. Why? I don't know, possibly because of the nature of crowdfunding or it's just how Takara wants to do it.

There's also the possibility that once Haslab gets this funded, Takara is freed up to do as many runs of it as they wish, so if they order a 1000 and sell a 1000, they can open up a preorder for 500 more and just increase their order.

Possibly forever. And even then Hasbro only licenses the toys/molds from Takara, but everything else about the IP Hasbro can use all they want including Star Saber. It's unlikely any trademark could possibly expire anyway since Transformers has never been left on the shelf like other properties and Hasbro have kept well up to date on all of the legal stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Hotrod is a cavalier already. Prime and Elita king and queen. For the 'cons Megs king, Cream queen (?):lol 

16. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Right and also it isn't the same situation as say Macross or other original Japanese properties that were later licensed to Western Markets. Hasbro created "Transformers". If anything they have more of a claim to it than Takara.

That said I suppose there are questions as to Hasbro's right to use this specific character since it's from the Japan only G1 show.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's not really any question though. Star Saber has appeared in licensed Hasbro products (IDW comics), Hasbro being the IP owner outside of Japan can do whatever they want with ANY transformers character in their own regions.

• Like Like x 7
  18. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    It's a weird situation that doesn't really exist in any other property that I can think of. It's a licensing agreement that outside of specific merchandise also simultaneously gives IP rights of the brand to both companies for their respective regions.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

So it's been a really long while since I've actually paid attention to Transformers, but when I heard about this, I want to reeeeeally get it. Thing is, though, I've never backed anything from Hasbro Pulse before, and I want to know how people feel about their backing campaigns first.

20. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I had the same thought, but the base of each character has a symbol to denote which chess piece they represent. Probably doesn't matter at this point, but I thought it was a smart design move.

Back on topic, some people really need to stop freaking out over the progress of the campaign. Checking the total multiple times a day, wringing your hands over what Takara is or isn't doing, that kind of stuff isn't healthy and it's not helpful. The campaign has shown steady growth mostly consistent with previous HasLabs, and it's either going to be enough or it's not, life will go on either way.

• Like Like x 1