Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    By this point I'm sure most Japanese fans who want it are aware of it and setting money aside in anticipation.

This thing picked up 4k backers it's first weekend. If they announce it a week from now it'd still have almost two full weeks... plenty of time for that same burst from the TTMail market to happen.

And we *still* likely don't have the full view of how many 3P orders are out there.

Remember, Galactus hadn't hit goal until that Wednesday before the window closed. At which point it nearly went on to triple the original goal. Including 4k backers *in the final hour.*

• Like Like x 5
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Japanese collectors are a different breed. There'll be no hemming and hawing, going "I'm only going to back this if it looks like a done deal".

If it's something they want, they'll step up day one to support it.

If a $1200 Nu Gundam can sell out in a matter of seconds, there'll be no issue moving units of a $180 Star Saber.

• Like Like x 13
  3. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Star Saber will look quite nice here.
    D55FCFAC-112C-4B52-A100-569088FACDA2.jpeg

• Like Like x 19
  4. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    MP was also much bigger
    That much is anime accurate rather than toy like the HL is proving itself to favor with the initial sword prototype. The door shut fully before the face started sliding up, distinctly separate from the BM
    The Hasbro team mentioned Takara's work multiple times in the announcement stream

• Like Like x 5
  5. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Well, I finally put my money where my mouth is and put an order in. Its not perfect, but I cant say no to a Star Saber

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lincoln Tunnel

Lincoln Tunnel Well-Known Member

Man, Seeing them together really makes me want to pick up Star Convoy, Dai Atlas, and God Ginrai. Or at least Star Convoy and Super Ginrai... They're just so expensive though. Part of me regrets getting rid of my TR Powermaster Prime, but I really didn't love it like I wanted to... Hopefully Star Saber is successful enough that they all get re-done with dedicated molds...

• Like Like x 3
  7. Matt Overholser

Matt Overholser Well-Known Member

Takara needs to open orders up ASAP. 

• Like Like x 3
  8. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Spent so much money on all of these…

Power Master Prime/God Ginrai will probably get a redo if Hasbro needs a Prime to release every year. Star Convoy seems less likely but wouldn’t rule him out. Dai Atlas/Big Powered is a hard sell because Zone will never be released in North America.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Average Everything Enjoyer

News Credits:
    The announcement of victory saber certainly has gotten me into JG1 quickly
    20210920_144248.jpg 20210920_145300.jpg
    I tend to get obsessions quickly

• Like Like x 9
  10. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Still only The UK and France that can get this in Europe right?

11. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Could’ve sworn I saw something for Germany and Spain. Don’t know for sure, though.

12. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Before we all stress out about it let us assume Takara knows their own market better then we do and Hasbro probably has a clue how they will release it in Japan. They’ve been making and selling Transformers for over 40 years and have made multiple Star Sabers over the years. Let’s not fret yet, we got 20 days left and 75% funded.

• Like Like x 6
  13. lenimusprime

lenimusprime Well-Known Member

I really wanted the masterpiece Saber and that KFC Simba.
    I was so close to hitting the the drain bank account button. Then I saw this and hit the half bank account drain button.

• Like Like x 12
  14. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Exactly this. While I'm curious as to what's up, I'm not worried.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Transformers HasLab Victory Saber Pre-Orders Available In Germany, Spain & Ireland - Transformers News - TFW2005

• Zavvi Spain – Pre-order for €209,99 with free shipping.
    • Zavvi Ireland – Pre-order for €209,99. They mention an approximate shipping date around Winter 2022.
    • Zavvi Germany – Pre-order for €209,99. They also mention a shipping date around Winter 2022.
    These countries follow France, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico international Haslab Victory Saber Pre-orders.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Liege Nemesis

Liege Nemesis Snarks about old cartoons

But if Hasbro and Takara know what they're doing, then how come they've never been able to stop all those things that have invariably sent the Transformers brand into a death spiral from which it will never recover?

Beasts instead of vehicles, Transformers that don't transform, Transformers that look too much like their cartoon models, Transformers that don't look enough like their cartoon models, CGI cartoons instead of cel animation, anime instead of western cartoons, hordes of collectible mini-figures, retailer exclusives, black repaints, too many obscure characters nobody likes, not enough obscure characters everybody likes, mold overuse, too much historical fanservice instead of forging a bold new direction, too much uninteresting new ground instead of sticking with the classic things that built the brand... I could go on.

The point is that The Transformers is constantly teetering on the brink of ruin for the last 35 years or so and it's only been through the stalwart efforts of a noble fanbase that knows its unpleasable tastes better than the faceless corporation that stewards the brand ever closer to oblivion that it hasn't been buried and forgotten already.

I mean... we're the real heroes here and it's time we were recognized as such...

• Like Like x 16
  17. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Transformers: Riding the Transport to Oblivion for 37 years and counting...

• Like Like x 16
  18. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the only reason I'd be a bit worried if Takara turned around and in 2023 just said they'd release it via TT mall is that down the line say if they do do another crowd funding campaign for say LioKaizer or another quintessential Japanese TF is that naturally a lot of people who would have backed it normally might just turn around and say "well I'll keep my cash and buy the Takara toy whenever that comes out" possibly leading to any campaign failing. Ofcourse thats assuming that these campaigns aren't all a show anyway *adjust tin foil hat*

I'm sure in the T's and C's there's some legal speak that would let them off the hook if Takara did turnaround and sell it prob something along the lines of this just being for the Hasbro release or something to that effect.

19. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    What if Hasbro & Tak/Tom agreed to wait on the Japan orders and see how popular VS is out in the rest of the world. That way they can better gauge how much interest in JG1 characters there is outside of Japan. Now that we have reached 75%(+/-) of backing this, I wouldn't be surprised if Takara opens up pre-orders sometime this week.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Ok, thanks for the info guys. No luck for me then but there are less people in Ireland than in Sweden (where I'm at) so I'll hold up (a little) hope, even though I guess Ireland have a bigger Transformers following than Sweden does. Weird that they didn't have a European Union shipping hub or something.

EDIT: Hmm... Zavvi Germany says "International Delivery" so I guess I might be able to get it from them even though I live in Sweden.

• Like Like x 1