Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. PloverNutter

PloverNutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still think the shield will end up Tier 3, either with the minifigs people have been asking for or different blast effects to recreate the scene the shield was in. With Galactus, the last two Tiers were the biggest additions to the project. I see this hitting all three announced goals anyways. The only HasLab that didn't reach all of its stretch goals was HeroQuest and that thing had 16 of them but only missed the last 2.

2. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

The shield would be a cool addition. If that were the case, I'd almost want to swap that with the third tier (again, that's my bias). Blast effects just aren't important to me. I have enough sitting in a drawer to pull out and apply for a few pictures whenever I want. Unless they make something unique, like a larger disc-shaped blast wave (maybe a little curl outwards at the edges) I just won't care.

And yeah, honestly, I see it hitting 14k at minimum. So I'll get what I want and be fine.

(I still wish one of the tiers was hollow-spot fillers. I'd like to have that without paying for an extra aftermarket kit.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

I think it'd be kind of dickish to lock finishing the toy behind needing to get several thousand more people to back said toy.

Besides, DNA Design's team need to pay the bills too. ;) :p 

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I dont speak corporate. A million is a million. Bottom line is stretch goals is to entice people the fence. I just dont find a "stand" to be enticing. If im on the fence about the figure standing, why would I be off the fence over the figure levitating ? Sounds like something that should be included if it was so damn imprtant. A stretch goal should do something for the fiction, an extra figure, an extra head sculpt, or a really nice extra weapon. (We know the sheild is coming) And to be honest, Hasbro really needs to step up with the stretch goals. It shouldnt be something that makes you say 3rd parties will make that anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I have no idea what this comment has to do with me thinking a "stand" is a dumb stretch goal. I backed unicron and Im backing this. But the stand still sucks for another million if you do the math. The stand is cheap and corny.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

No, a million gross is NOT a million net. The gross is the money you make before all expenses are considered (in this case, the money from all the backers). The net is what you actually make once said expenses are deducted (advertising, cost of production, retail chains taking their cut, etc).

• Like Like x 13
  7. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The stand is a joke but not really a make or break thing. I don't understand all the outrage. I'm just hoping it makes it to 14,000 … or at least 11,000 … a 3P can make the big gun. I don't even think the big gun is a make or break incentive... I want it but I'm not going to preorder 4 more to get the numbers up a little to make sure I get it. It's probably more of a "well, if we are making X many, the overhead is spread across more units so we can add a little more for free" type thing. We'll have a better idea where we're at when they open up all the Non-US pre-orders.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

So then, no he didn't have a stand for a stretch goal, got it.

9. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No his stand was an actual necessity for planet mode. There isnt any mode of this set that requires it for display, as shown when they showed off the rickety prototype standing on it's own in all the modes a couple weeks back.

• Like Like x 8
  10. PloverNutter

News Credits:
    My prediction was Tier 2 = Shield and Tier 3 = Stand but I believe this will make 20,000 no problem after how the international market partnerships blew up the last 4 HasLabs so I am happy either way.

I was thinking some sort of unique missile blast effects/parts since that was what SS was using the shield to block. That shockwave effect you describe would be perfect for it.

I also think there is a possibility of a 4th tier they are keeping hidden right now or haven't even thought of. They did that with Sentinel and Razor Crest. They didn't even have a prototype of the Tri-sentinel head stretch goal when it unlocked, just an early 3D design render.

• Like Like x 2
  11. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

If they do squeeze in another tier, then the goal will probably be something very obscure and unnecessary like a statue of Chibi-Star Saber.

12. setientshoebox

setientshoebox the hut outpizza-er

why is it on this figure and titans return takara powermaster prime and god bomber, they never try to extend the thighs so that they\'re actually proportional to the rest of the figure?

• Like Like x 1
  13. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus Fully Articulated. NOW WITH LIGHTS AND SOUNDS!

So many tears shed over tiers......

• Like Like x 10
  14. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Tiers on my pillow... pain in my heart... over you....

• Like Like x 5
  15. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    12 away from 8k

• Like Like x 4
  16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    I feel like the people that keep bringing this up have never actually purchased a Marvel Legends figure and don't realize all the differences between one of those and a deluxe Transformer despite them coming in at the same retail price.

Yep, and we ended up getting the final goal added in anyways just a week or so back. Don't know where they found the extra funding for that but as a backer, I sure as hell won't be complaining. :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  17. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    I still think Hasbro should go the extra mile and include a sound chip in the stand. That would shut up most of the complaints and would be a huge incentive for Japanese collectors.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PloverNutter

News Credits:
    That's awesome, the Joe Manganiello quest book and Dragon mini, right? I wouldn't be surprised if he just told Hasbro he would pay the difference with how much he loves fantasy games, probably chump change for him lol.

They would have to make the stand so much bigger to fit the electronics and it would probably cost so much more to add it. The sound chip to the MP Optimus 3.0 added like $50 to the price tag. That would have to be a 45,000 backer tier goal for Hasbro to not lose money on adding that at no extra cost to us.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hah!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Aaaaaannnnndddddd 8000!

Just make the goddamn shield.

• Like Like x 8