Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, it is, you just have to wait until after the figure is produced. Unicron was successfully scalped. People bought it at the regular price and then sold it for much more when it was difficult to get (backing period over and out of production).

2. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Selling an oop product for market value is not scalping. There may be a different term to use, but it's not scalping.

• Like Like x 13
  3. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

Look, dude, I get that you're pissed about the price mark up for saber, but consider that for the rest of us, it's still 'only' $180.

For all we know, it's a typo they be yet to fix like when it happened to the kingdom two packs.

I'm not at all trying to say "you're stupid" or insult you, I'm saying that you're thinking inside the box and ignoring how it is everywhere else.

Is it fair that UK and other buyers are currently being shafted with the extra price? Fuck no, it isn't!

That said, I still think that you should look at the toy itself as """only""" $180 (USD). The jacked up price could be shipping, I don't know.

4. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    That's just wrong. The hollow plastic is, sans the longer guns from VL, entirely hidden in Alt modes, Star Saber, and Victory Saber. You see some hollow thigh in VL's robot and forearms in Saber that EVERY iteration has

• Like Like x 2
  5. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    To each their own I guess, but I never got complaints about things looking too toyish. They are toys, would you like them to look like animals?

• Like Like x 13
  6. Sunbow Prime

News Credits:
    It is according to Cambridge and Merriam Webster.

7. Zawicki

Zawicki Wanna bewitch you in the moonlight

News Credits:
    Who wants to place bets on how many times we need to explain that Marvel Legends are much cheaper to produce than Transformer figures?

Even though no one asked, scalping by it's literally definition is buying something with the intention to sell at a profit.

Also considering getting two, I kinda just want one in box.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    It would but that's just unrealistic for a transformer except for straight redecos. The ML ones reuse a lot of base molds so they can get one muscle man with a new head from a different muscle man relatively cheaply.

• Like Like x 4
  9. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    I don't think you're very good at reading definitions.

Cambridge's definition specifically says "such as theatre tickets," which calls out an item that has finite numbers. A made-to-order Haslab product has as many produced as people can pledge for. There is no limit. Supply meets demand. In contrast, a theatre hall can't just make more seats.

• Like Like x 9
  10. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    No it is not. Scalping is preventing a product from getting to the general market due to purchasing a high number of limited stock for the sole purpose of decreasing public supply thus increasing the value of the scalped product. You wouldn't call the people selling their old Transformer Animated toys on eBay scalper, would you? They are just re-selling them after production has stopped, they did not prevent anyone from getting them when they were in production.

For example, last year I bought titan class Trypticon for $100 on sale at BBTS because they had an over abundance of stock. It is now $300 on their site as of today due to decreased supply and it no longer being in production. Are you going to call all online retailers scalpers for increasing prices on out-of-production items that are in high demand?

I literally explained how that definition doesn't apply to this situation at all. It is like I keep telling you the rules of baseball and you reply that is not how hockey is played.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  11. Sunbow Prime

News Credits:
    This Haslab project will have a finite number on October 10.

12. 3Y3

3Y3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This isn\'t that exciting of a bonus unlock, if anything it seems something that should be included with the figure by default. :|

13. Sunbow Prime

News Credits:
    Yes, that's what the definition is.

• Like Like x 1
  14. G1 Cassette Hunter

G1 Cassette Hunter Hunting the Elusive G1 Cardbacks

News Credits:
    A stand....for a transformer not a fixed figure or model....as a bonus item vs. a standard item packaged in...like they do for G.I. Joe figures...will be last lab project I back personally to own.

If they wanted to generate excitement & additional backers, they sure took a step to decrease those numbers by pissing off existing ones...

15. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    guys can you take the scalping argument somewhere else? you're the only ones that care about keeping this going on.

• Like Like x 11
  16. Gastrotrain

Gastrotrain Well-Known Member

I'd call it investing or profiteering, (even that is a stretch) before I'd call it scalping. It's just capitalism. Yeah it won't be available after Oct 10th but it's not because"scalpers" bought it out.

Anywho, I don't expect much when it comes to the stretch goals but I don't know how much a stand is going to excite an extra 3000 buyers if they weren't going to buy it in the first place

• Like Like x 4
  17. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The strand would be better if it included a sound chip with Victory quotes and music.

• Like Like x 3
  18. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also regarding theater tickets, it is even more complicated because after the given date the tickets are completely worthless, save I guess for a tiny collectors market.
    An unused ticket for LiveAid ‘85 might be worth something but that old leftover Neil Sedaka ticket from St Louis ‘78 probably won’t fetch too much.

19. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Are you suggesting they'll lose backers over this? Because.. no? Having a display option for a big toy like this is just the right kind of extra a tier should be. Unicron's came included because the planet required it, whereas the alt modes here can reasonably sit without it.

• Like Like x 11
  20. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

I admit I was a bit disappointed. I was hoping it would be a shield/stand along with the tail whip. That probably leaves those for the next tier. No additional figures I suppose

• Like Like x 2