Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I'm thinking a new sword hilt and a painted prototype.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

As the only living Earopean, I am offended. Lol

I have no doubt that this will get funded if the significantly pricier Unicron got funded.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Some people are wondering is it an official declaration that Leo won’t be made in MP scale, and honestly about how small he is and the hollow bits

4. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

I just want a damn star saber for once in my life, I don't care about all the extra, though it is really nice if I can be honest, but I just want Star Saber at minimum

• Like Like x 8
  5. ophyjgjhnfn

ophyjgjhnfn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes! Bring on more countries! Get those numbers! And then redo the grand maximus campaign with all of his extras and Cog repaint and everything.

6. samisham

You'd think the six years since Masterpiece Star Saber with nothing on Victory Leo would do that on its own.

• Like Like x 13
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

You'd think the lack of an MP Leo after all these years would have silenced that crowd. Also, I get that people were hoping he'd be bigger, but at the same time if he were bigger Saber would be bigger and then the project would cost more.

It'll be interesting to see if the JP online fandom is in the same boat as the US online fandom. That is, they overestimate their representation of the fandom at large. Looking on social media...any Pulse post on FB that mentions Saber gets flooded with "HOLLOW BITS!" posts, but he's still already half way funded.

Anyway, the latest international listings saying "Winter 2022" is interesting. I think originally it sounded like that meant Q4 2022, but is it possible they could turn this thing around by the end of Q1? Part of me thinks that's not really all that possible. We've got preorders for SS86 Starscream that are April 2022, and that guy is a minor retool with some new parts added on. My assumption is that "Winter 2022" means Q4, as Hasbro isn't guranteed that Saber will happen...so they can't exactly block off their currently production plans to ensure they can get him up and running if the project isn't funded until mid October. That'd be a pretty quick turnaround.

I'm sticking with "end of 2022" at the latest. Once the project was funded, it would give them time to fit him in to the production schedule, refine any last elements of the design, and get him shipped out. I'd rather they take their time than rush anything.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Lol, Takara should already made a MP Victory Leo with MP Star Saber.

9. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    The store I ordered from also said Q4 2022

I’m still waiting for Takara to open orders so I can see how the Japanese reacts to it

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

And if this thing flops, I am straight going to Tfsource and ordering MPM-12

11. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's so much to lose and so little to gain by adhering unreasonably to a hard scale in a series that played fast and loose with a scale since the begining and often plays with scale beyond comprehension or measure or just for convenience.

• Like Like x 10
  12. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    As of now, there are 5,281 Backers for Victory Saber. The Final Tier of Support will be at 20000 Backers. 20000-5281 is 14719. There are 38 Days Left to back it. Meaning that if there are at least 387 Backers Each day, we can get it completely supported with every single Tier. Thus, let's keep the support train a-CHUGging (yeah, I saw the opportunity for a CHUG Pun and I took it).

• Like Like x 3
  13. PloverNutter

PloverNutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People will always complain about something. There is literally no figure that is completely free from nitpicking.

• Like Like x 3
  14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I mean, yeah. But if they didn't like the sales numbers they saw from Saber why would they? Who knows, maybe if this project does well enough they'll rethink it. Though at this point they'd probably have to reissue MP Saber as well.

Even with commentary about size and the lack of MP Leo, my assumption is we'll be fine. Their reaction mirrors the online reaction here, but that clearly hasn't born out as a major issue because the thing is nearly half funded. With the rest of the world still left to weigh in, it feels like finding an additional 6k backers isn't going to be all that difficult. And for anyone invested at the moment that's all that matters.

I'm also reminded of Galactus, which stalled out a few times prior to that final week. If you used online chatter as the measuring stick, there to social media was flooded with complaints about size, the tiers, the goal, the price, etc etc etc. I remember the initial feedback when they revealed the first stretch goal, at which point I think he was only half-backed. There was an endless amount of mocking the hubris of revealing a stretch goal before it was even funded.

And then it not only got funded, but appears to have set a record for total backers. Each time they revealed a new tier they were met with the same level of scorn online and each time they blew that goal away.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's the rate only through pulse. The 5281 doesnt take internatl. or 3rd party orders into account. Chances are, through those, we've hit the 50% mark already and still have other countries to open up to. We may also see a Galactus style jump in the last few days where we'll only be at 10k or so and then jump to like 25

16. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    I have "free shipping" as well. I question whether the shipping on Star Saber is actually "free", though, since it's implicitly stated in the description as opposed to simply being a part of the site's policy. Rather, it's much more likely they are rolling the cost of shipping into the price itself. I'm sure they get a bulk shipping discount of some kind and try to pass that along. But the fact of the matter is that, if the shipping is being included with the cost of the item, we're paying taxes in a place that we shouldn't be paying taxes. Not to mention we're entering into a grey area legally.

I can understand why they do it. But it's really not a best practice from the customer's perspective...nor is it particularly legal to charge tax for the cost of mailing a package. The grey area comes in the form of charging tax for "handling" - but yeah, still yucky and iffy.

17. samisham

But they didn't. So this is our best option in the official space.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FEE5B926-7086-4B08-BBCA-C0B46BF299C6.gif

• Like Like x 5
  19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Once again, distribution costs are baked in to the cost of every consumer product. It's why they're able to give you free shipping on orders over X total dollars. Because they have determined purchases of that size are enough to offset the distribution costs.

The cost of getting X number of Star Sabers to Y number of customers was factored in to the budget for this project. It's no different than if you were to preorder The Ark. The individual cost of shipping that item to you isn't 1:1. The cost of getting all of those Arks to customers/retailers is baked in to the overall project budget for the Ark.

One of the biggest reasons we've seen prices increasing over the past year is not just materials, but also shipping costs. COVID has screwed up distribution on a global scale, so you've got tons of distributors competing for limited space on ships, which drives demand/prices up.

I can tell the complaints about Saber aren't sticking to it nearly as well as people's complaints about the Unicron project because we've gotten to the point that people are inventing conspiracies about shipping costs that fly in the face of everything we've ever known about online storefronts.

And even if they did, wasn't MP Saber on his own $180-200 when it came out? This is roughly the same price for both.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  20. thedicemaster

thedicemaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    very disappointed they're going with zavvi for Europe.
    zavvi disguises their stores as local websites, when in the end it's all just fronts for a UK store that plays by UK rules only.
    last time i shopped at the "local" zavvi website they claimed brexit wouldn't affect anything and there would be no import fees, but i did have to pay taxes/import fees to the shipping company on delivery and their support is refusing to do anything.

given the price, there's a good chance you'll be hit by the full import fees(not just taxes and processing fees) if you're not in the UK.