Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What will this non aligned pin affect?

2. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So out of curiosity I put in for the exchange thing hasbro is doing for Victory Saber, and tbh, I'm a little insulted with how they are handling it.

I get they need stuff like the date and batch codes so they can track what units are effected. But there's also this monumental amount of "ownership verification" and hoop jumping that they are making me do that makes me feel like a crook for politely asking they make good on a product quality promise they made when I backed the project.

Then after all of this they then expect you to mail them the figure now and trust them enough to ship you a replacement, at a future date to be determined, and it also not have glaring quality control issues.

3. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    None of that reflects my experience with their customer service team. They asked for my Pulse order number and batch codes. They said I can keep the set for now and they’ll reach out when the replacement in available in some months to talk about the return process then.

What else did they want from you in terms of proof of ownership?

• Like Like x 5
  4. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I started the replacement process a month ago and was asked for my original Pulse order number. Gave that, but haven't heard anything since. I figured no big deal, must be processing and replacements are a few months out anyway, but when I look up the case on the consumer care site it still says "waiting on consumer" even though I provided all requested info and the status is "This incident cannot be reopened or updated. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question." Wtf???

5. Oniconvoy

News Credits:
    Sounds like something glitched on their end. Just send another email and start again. No harm, no foul. As you say, replacements are months off anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  6. reluttr

News Credits:
    Yeah they wanted proof of ownership in the first email via a photo of the figure holding a paper with a case number code printed on it. This was after I gave them my pulse order number in the opening email.

Then in the reply I got today they wanted even more photos, this time of the figure, box, and all accessories, along with another handwritten note with the case number AND pulse order number printed on it visible in all photos.

I was then told that they would provide a prepaid shipping label so that the figure could be returned to them for verification and at that point I could choose between getting a full refund or processing a replacement. They then went on to say that if I went with the replacement that they would get in contact with me at a unknown date in the future to verify my shipping details for the replacement.

I replied and more or less told them I found the entire process insulting and would instead just avoid any future Haslab campaigns.

7. Oniconvoy

News Credits:
    Very strange. Almost totally the opposite of my experience. They never asked me for any of that extra stuff. Was the person you were corresponding with named Elizabeth Leary?

8. reluttr

News Credits:
    The latest email was from them. Previous replies were from a Jessica and Deanna.

9. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

Huh. Sounds like they are suspicious of resales and people returning part of the kit. They asked for my pulse order number, batch code, product code, country of origin. No pics of all items though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True that, only option from here. Not a good look on top of a not good look, but cooler heads will of course prevail.

11. reluttr

News Credits:
    Whats funny is that I just requested a exchange of just the part that was defective because I was afraid they would send me a full set that had a different defect.

If they are so worried about resells then they should just go ahead and put a hold on your credit card for the set cost until they verify they've gotten back everything from the exchange.

12. Oniconvoy

News Credits:
    That’s too bad. She was easily the most helpful when I went through the process.

I wonder if them becoming stricter and developing more hoops is in response to receiving more complaints than they expected.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

Or maybe they realize how not picky people can be over paint

• Like Like x 4
  14. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    #facts

15. reluttr

News Credits:
    I'm really curious what this looks like.

16. Mightion

Mightion There is ALWAYS room.

News Credits:
    It looks like a roll of shiny gold tape.

Oh, did you mean applied to SS? :D 
    goldtape.jpg

It looks even better in hand - it's more reflective and smooth, and certainly looks better than the damaged paint did. It IS thin enough that if there's a speck of dirt or hair that got painted over during manufacturing, you'll likely still see it under the tape. It's rather durable though - since I haven't mastered the skill of putting him in V-Star Jet mode without nicking the tape - but at least it's smooth and durable enough that I can just press it back flat again.. and I have a few yards of it in case I need to redo it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I just got my own roll and plan to use it on Leo.

18. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Has any of you use the packed in decal for Leo's back wing? The proportions look iffy!o_O  Why didn't Hb just paint that patch anyway?:banghead: 

19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not paintable.

20. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Who am I to say but via just plain none expert human eyes(mine that is), the wing parts look the same. So that being the case, Hb/TT used two types of plastics for Leo's wings? Why not ju............never mind:banghead: