Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

The fact that so many copies have an identical scratch on Star Saber's faceplate makes me also think it's a mold issue as well.

2. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

That is just ugh. I mostly swore off of Yugioh cause Konami pissed me off with decks not being made TCG style, but at least packs are maybe 5 dollars, which is a lot but I will bite cause a pack is a pack. 1000 dollars, and I don't care two shits the significance, for historic cards in a franchise is too damn much. For that much I will be given full sets and full lists of important cards from that era, not random. Fuck no. Konami, again a good comparison, did certain sets a while ago, gave all the cards in that group, era, or character, in one set. No random buying BS, all at once

• Like Like x 1
  3. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

I doubt they care about returned merchandise sanitation with star saber since it's toy. Go to liquidation.com and you will find returned merchandise of all kinds (and excess too) for sale from Walmart, amazon, target, and more. This is not the only site, but just an example.

There are stores that buy this type of merchandise and resell them. You'd have to search your local area for bargain and discount stores. When you find some, you probably have to ask where they source their merchandise from. Some may be bin stores, some might be stores that sell more expensive items. The more expensive merchandise would be a likely candidate.

I also wonder if the star saber returns would be repackaged compete (refurbished) and sold to Ollie's.

4. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This seems really, really exceedingly unlikely. Not to mention no Haslabs have been reported to be found at any outlet store.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

I don't think there has been a haslab where they asked for a mass return. It just seems to be too much of a cost to destroy all returned Victory Sabers. They gotta recover some costs somehow via KO in China or sold as damaged.

I'm also starting to wonder if they will send them back to Vietnam for refurbishment and then they'll show up at some online retailers after that as extra found stock.

6. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    But what if the replacement VS is no better with regard to QC? i.e. very slight blemish on chrome part, very slight scratch, smallest of chips, slight residual plastic flashing. Do you go on the return merchandise merry-go-round & try your luck again? That's my worry with peeps returning their item. What Hasbro deems a satisfactory replacement item gets nitpicked & rejected by the customer, again.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
  7. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Average Everything Enjoyer

News Credits:
    If you end up with the same quality, then no harm done. If you get a better one, great. Otherwise you may have to reconsider how nitpicky you wanna be if you keep getting the tiny stuff and really consider if it's worth sending back

• Like Like x 2
  8. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    There’s no “mass return,” just addressing individual bad QC copies. And as was said at the top of this page, same thing happened with Jabba’s Sail Barge. There was no second production run and certainly no dumping of returned copies at discount chains there.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's really not though.

There's maybe a couple of thousand of people who are even aware of the issues with the product, and even less that are actually affected. That's like a tiny fraction of consumers and/or potential Hasbro customers.

• Like Like x 5
  10. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    But that's the thing. Ending up with a replacement item of same quality, which the customer originally rejected. And we know how nitpicky customers can be if this thread is any indication.

11. IronEnder17

News Credits:
    Imo that's just evidence that their standards are just a bit too high for a product like this. Except for the broken mold with that nosecone issue. If that still happens then that's inexcusable. Otherwise...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What kind of safety and health you are referring to? Not to say TW water is very salty or have radiation like the neighbour country.

Those water washed toys would be prompt to rusty and be careful about it, even they reprint the packaging.

13. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    @admin, may I know why my posting about Hasbro Price Share dropping in earlier Dec 2022 deleted?

14. IronEnder17

News Credits:
    The deletion reason should be stated in your alerts

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    Thanks, but I not see a msg about it at all. I msg post hasbro share price in Dec 2022.

16. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

It seems terribly unlikely that the each and every figure in that wrecked shipment was damaged beyond any sort of repair at all. I say health and safety reasons were likely the reasoning behind trashing the whole shipment because probably the water they came in contact with (which might be sea or ocean water) is definitely not clean and laced with pathogens, hence health and safety. Even if you say that contact with water will cause stuff to rust, that's still a health and safety related issue, since it would be unacceptable for a comapny like Hasbro to knowingly sell something with rusty parts.

• Like Like x 1
  17. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Man, folks in Taiwan would love to have most of your guys VS problems. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The whole discussion based on unfounded speculation was all wiped.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    That would really cheapen the value of Haslab, if there was a chance "seconds" could show up at those types of stores.

How prevalent are these problems anyway? I haven't been following the thread that closely.

20. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I saw on Facebook a guy was emailing Hasbro for a replacement Saber because the chrome had some small dark spots in it.

I saw another guy throwing a tantrum because the "mass" of Victory Saber is only slightly more than a Commander.

Then I saw another say the Haslab is not up to Masterpiece quality.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 15