Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Lincoln Tunnel

Lincoln Tunnel Well-Known Member

I really don't think we're going to get a Shield/Flight Stand combo piece like the MP. If we get both they're going to be two separate pieces.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Whatever numbers we saw for Galactus, Hasbro must have saw ahead of time and maybe that's what convinced them to put those "outlandish" extra tier goals for Star Saber. HasLab has certainly come a long way from the Razorcrest and Unicron days. There's broader name recognition of the site and what a HasLab project means plus much better support for international retailer sales. I guess everything takes time to develop and we have to be patient.

What are some other TFs (that are pre-WFC or 3P) that are blazing hot in the aftermarket? Maybe that's where Hasbro should search for ideas on the next TF HasLab. I've heard that a loose G1 Star Saber goes for multiple hundreds on auction sites; that tells you he's maintained steady popularity over the decades.

• Like Like x 1
  3. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I feel the Cookie Monster Project would have been successful if it was a puppet.

Anyhoo as for 3p support, I hope someone makes a unique item like a chest piece that can be placed when the duo form Victory Saber. I am a fan of Star Saber, but I always felt his combination form with Victory Leo would have been complete if he had a new chest piece like God Ginrai's combination; Aka Apex Armor Optimus Prime. Flame Toys take on Victory Saber is a good example on what I'm referring to.

4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I think the international partners arrangement has been refined significantly since the first few projects. Especially when it comes to TF and having Takara's support. Some of those big bursts had to have been from international buys.

1. I've already talked about how Liokaiser could really take advantage of the format to deliver fully functional Breastmasters and at least two strong stretch goals (Lyzack, Deathcobra).
    2. Galaxy Shuttle paired with the Countdown Rocket Base would make a great 1-2 punch. Not sure where you go in terms of stretch goals, but I think the compatibility between the two could have some appeal.

[​IMG]

3. They're already doing an MP Raiden, otherwise any form of Raiden would have been another contender.

4. I think one that could be a HUGE sleeper hit is Monstructor/Dinoking. But Hasbro would have to get creative in how they set up the project. Make it a financial goal, and give people the opportunity to preorder either Monstructor or Dinoking, and then provide a tier for *both.* Where it'd get hazy is if they could afford to include articulated shells off the bat (Which would bump up the cost but likely jack up interest) or if they think they'd have more success making the financial goal just for the two combiners and making the shells a stretch.

5. Depending on how deep a cut they want, they could tackle either Arachnid or Orchanoch from BW. With the main appeal being a new robot mode.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Some international orders are already up, stop spreading misinformation. Takaras orders will count towards the campaign, like with Unicron, so they won't wait till after the campaign to put it up.

• Like Like x 5
  6. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    I think they might mean that they go up on the pulse site at the end of the campaign? Not sure, could be wrong, but that’s how I read it.

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Considering the post they're replying too is asking about when it'll be available from Takara, their response says that Takara isn't going to put it up for preorder till after Hasbro closes the campaign, which is false

• Like Like x 7
  8. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's also worth mentioning that Hasbro did it for structural integrity reasons, I'm sure they would have been angrier about it breaking, but even that wasn't good enough for a lot of them.

• Like Like x 9
  9. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    These HasLab projects certainly have more name recognition which boosts people's confidence to back projects and the fact that there is now a UK Pulse site makes it easier for more people to back without going through a third party retailer and back last minute if they want. These UK Pulse orders help to fill out the backer bar even faster making them see more successful from the get go. I am sure if Hasbro had an international site that let people order from any country these projects would meet their goals in the first week instead of waiting until all the third party distributers to place their orders at the 11th hour.

As for the numbers for the stretch goals being "outlandish" I don't think Hasbro sees them that way. Other than the Barge, Unicron, and Cookie Monster which were the first projects, all the newer Haslab projects have gotten at least 20,000 backers and met most of their stretch goals (HeroQuest missed the final 2 but it had 16 total). There may be even more hidden tiers after the 20,000 goal like what they did with the Sentinel.

• Like Like x 3
  10. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ahh I completely misread that!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. samisham

Ah yes, the good old days of yore... two years lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Arnhide

Arnhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    4EB4D3A6-7730-4CC5-993F-01ACF3AB50B6.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wasn't interested in it, and think that the response was stupid, but how did this help structural integrity? I figured it had to do with molding / parts on which sprues

14. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    Lol

15. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    We’re just about half way there yay

• Like Like x 1
  16. samisham

From what I recall (and keep in mind this was a couple of months before release) it had something to do with the orange plastic not being structurally sound for the internal mechanisms of the planet chomping gimmick.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Hopefully tier 2 would be revealed soon, but I doubt it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I know you're just teasing but IMO, things move fast. I can still remember the start of Siege-- trying to guess the name when all we knew was it had the letters "G" and "E". Seeing the wave 1 previews and being very excited with how the line was shaping up and then finally getting a hold of Siege Ironhide and Optimus and really being blown away. Well, now we're almost finished with Kingdom. We've had one TF HasLab and a second one just started. Time moves fast!

• Like Like x 2
  19. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    I think around 7,000 that would be revealed but MAYBE it will be soon, would love to see that.

What colors do u think the blast effects will be? Just orange?

• Like Like x 1
  20. samisham

I wasn't even really teasing, I just found the implication amusing. But yeah that is true, especially when things have changed so much in that time, Beast Wars is back, the UT is on its way back and Siege was almost all G1. But most importantly it seems so long ago since we basically know everything coming until mid 2023.

• Like Like x 1