Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Revealed! Crowdfunding Campaign Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. krysuk

krysuk Well-Known Member

Cheers for the quote and dub inserts :) 
    When I bought the dvds back in 2008 I couldn’t stand the sun from the 1st episode and so never watched much in the Eng dub to see those ;p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Yes, a Dinoking should come with the dino pretender shells and maybe we can get Monstructor from this.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

We are at 4,935 backers man we are so close to 5,000 backers. If they open up to Japan it will definitely sky rocket.

4. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    Folks, the only day that matters with regards to Haslab's Victory Saber is 11:59 PM EST on 10/10/2021. There are two outcomes, it will get funded or it won't. A high probability it will be the former. Follow the KISS rule and a lot of things will be alright. :thumb 

• Like Like x 5
  5. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anything can happen in 40 days.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unicron's maw in the prototype was shown to be orange, but in the finished figure, it was grey, which made his planet mode look weird. It was probably due to a mistake on plastic fill in the factory.

It's not a big deal at all. You can fix it with Toyhax stickers, a paint marker, or one of several 3D printed coverings. Should it have been done right? Yeah of course. is it a deal breaker? Nobody's life is that small. It's a minor irritation. Unicron is still amazing.

But because we live in a society where grown ass men no longer feel inhibition or shame for acting like children, and performative outrage is normalized, we get things like this instead.

[​IMG]

Honestly, some folks need a new hobby.

• Like Like x 16
  7. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is why I'm entirely disinterested in everything posed in these thread about reach goals and gap fillers. It exists in this mickey mouse version of the Transformers marketplace, rather than the real one.

Of COURSE there is going to be a 3P v lock, a flight stand, his shield, some guns and a host of other accessories. You can add probably bigger wings for a more "anime look" too. As for gap filler, you will have at least 3 choices: a injection molded set from a 3p company, an unnamed Chinese 3d printed option, or a better higher quality "known" 3d printed option.

All in all, probably run you another $50. To which people say "why do I have to spend $50 to improve my $180 figure". Which is hilarious because it's the same line folks have been saying about Transformers figures for the past 10 years. And the answer is always the same: you don't have to spend anything, but the option is there for people who want to.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love how erased the Cookie Monster project from existence.

• Like Like x 1
  9. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    Yea, I feel pretty satisfied with this release so far, could care less about the tiers but I just do hope this guy happens because I don’t think this guy will be toooooo terrible

• Like Like x 1
  10. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    I would laugh if they decided to change the whole color scheme after it gets revealed

• Like Like x 2
  11. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

No matter what I want Star Saber and already backed it. However, I would be disappointed if we didn’t get the V Lock Cannon and a shield with it.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Yes, that's the plan: get 11,000+ backers and then reveal it's a G2 color scheme so bright neon you can see it from 1/4 mile away.

It's going to have the traditional VS colors dude. The only "issues" will potentially be in some minor detail work in a few odd places.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

I understand that micromasters didn't do so well in WFC, but I don't know what else can go with this Haslab.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    yeah in 40 days we'll find out this is actually powermaster optimus prime

15. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    I expect the tiers to be more "conservative" along the lines of accessories/blast effects, maybe an additional brainmaster or so.

I think we can discard the figures-as-tiers concept for Transformers because the heralds are as intrinsic to Galactus as Saber is to Star Saber; individual figures were always going to take primacy as stretch goals for Galactus over effects parts or accessories for Galactus himself.

I think it's safe to say the converse for Star Saber, since everything intrinsic to Victory Saber is already included at the base price, and the most obvious omission for the total package is the v-lock cannon, which is tier 1.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Thanks!

17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I know Marvel and TF fandoms aren't the same thing, but watching how Galactus played out...I don't see a scenario in which Saber isn't funded. Stretch goals are totally different as that'll likely depend on what's offered, but Galactus went from 11k on Wednesday night to 17k on Thursday morning to 22k on Sunday to 32 thousand on Monday. And of that 32k, nearly 4k came in the final hour.

That means they nearly tripled their backer total in the final 4 days of the project, and Galactus is now the single most successful campaign in terms of units produced.

I think HasLab has come a long way since Unicron, and we're going to see some surprising numbers once the international partners start submitting their numbers. So that 20k final tier for Saber feels like a long ways to go, but come that final week we could see some absurd movement.

I think we'll hit the Cannon no problem. And I think a shield/flight stand is going to be in the tier list. Very similar to what we saw with the Razor Crest.

My guess is the shield/stand would be the *second* tier since that'll likely be a big draw. You want something to display your big wooshy space ship on. That final tier being nearly double the total backer goal has me very curious. My thought is that would be where we could see something like an extra figure. I'm just not familiar enough with Victory to know who you could offer that wouldn't be viable at retail/selects.

• Like Like x 8
  18. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Damn man you’re raising my hopes too much! Let’s get this thing over the finish line people!

• Like Like x 1
  19. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I'm not a big Galactus fan (only really into X-Men comic characters), but with the 3 extra figures, zombie face, and all the light up stuff, I almost bought last minute. It was a really impressive product.

While I don't expect anything as cool as Galactus's extras, I hope they surprise us with some neat stuff (not expecting whole other figures). Wonder if a larger normal Saber head to go over the small head is something they'd consider.

20. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Do we know when this set goes up in Japan?

• Like Like x 1