Transformers Hall of Fame Vote Round (2018 FAVORITE TRANSFORMERS CHARACTER)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jun 14, 2018.

?

Favorite Transformers Character

Poll closed Jun 29, 2018.
  1. Blackarachnia

26.5%
  2. Blaster

10.4%
  3. Cyclonus

13.7%
  4. Scourge (RID)

8.2%
  5. Sky-Byte

8.3%
  6. Springer

14.4%
  7. Unicron

18.6%
  1. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Sky-Byte, if only to get some more mileage out of the haiku in the HOF graphic I made a few years ago (now in my sig).

Seriously, I think that Blackarachnia's cool and all, but Beast Wars already has disproportionate representation for how many characters were even in it, and it's hard for me to imagine a list where I'd think another BW character deserves to beat out all the other nominees.

I wouldn't have said that about females, but this pretty much does sum up my feelings regarding Beast Wars. "Tiresome" is exactly the right word.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  3. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Currently watching BW right now and only have 4 episodes left of season 3 and I gotta say that Blackarachnia has now be catapulted into one of my top 5 favorite characters.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Collectotron

Collectotron Pretender Defender

News Credits:
    @Retroheavy i’m also currently rewatching it 1 episode a night currently got 9 episodes left . before that I rewatched 1 episode of g1 a night & after BW I’ll be rewatching beast machines

• Like Like x 3
  5. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I wish more fans would agree with me that the character Spike is a big hole in that list. Yes, he's a human. But the character was featured in four seasons of the cartoon, a major character in the comics, the basis of Sam Whitwicky in the movies and homaged in Animated and other media. Spike is supposed to be the stand in for us, the viewer or reader. It's really disappointing that the character doesn't get the recognition he deserves just because he's a "human". And it would liven up this list of ho-hums...

• Like Like x 2
  6. khamla

khamla Member

Out of that list Unicron

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blackarachnia. Definitely. I want to keep Beast Wars in Hasbro's face so they know we want them back. Not half assed versions from some other planet. The actual BW show characters and any extras from the status pods left behind

• Like Like x 4
  8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Excellent, at least Springer came close, Unicron was also a great choice. Hopefully Sky Byte makes it in some day.

Roller (Prime's drone, not the IDW character) is more deserving of a spot than Windblade or Victorion, they shouldn't even appear on any of these lists to begin with, Victorion is barely even a character at all.

Blackarachnia definitely earned her spot and popularity, but I can totally agree that another Beast wars entry is kinda boring.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  9. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

Even you can't actually think that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. abates

abates Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arcee lost twice before she was voted in, and Blackrachnia was on the final ballot last year and didn't win, so it's not at all true that "whenever there's a female on the list the female gets voted in." Neither Windblade or Victorion have been nominated for the Hall of Fame.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Well it’s because she’s the only beast wars character this year. Of course the beast wars character is gonna win.

12. abates

abates Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I say she was on the ballot last year with two Generation 1 characters, and she lost! It's not really a given that the Beast Wars character or the female character in the final vote is going to win.

• Like Like x 2
  13. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh, not surprised that both the ones I voted for (Blackarachnia and Battletrap) won. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    More boring than another G1 character?

Maybe if Hasbro had auto-inducted someone from outside G1 fans wouldn't have to pick up the slack.

• Like Like x 2
  15. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think it bears more toward the strength behind the writing for the character. Beast Wars has yet to be fully challenged for best written cartoon. Animated came close but that's because it borrowed several BW tropes to its advantage. So...

1. Blackarachnia was written very well with a character arc that we hadn't seen in Transformers cartoons stateside.
    2. She is also the first stateside female Transformer toy available at retail. It would take Windblade to break the dam but BA was really the one to first poke a hole in it.
    3. Hasbro has been using BA as a model for other characters in other series, such as Animated and Prime's Airachnid.
    4. She was CGI-modeled after an Asian stripper. Yup.
    5. Voting for her might mean Hasbro will acknowledge we want a good toy of her in her original BW form at retail, finally.

The only other character on the list that has that kind of Legacy is Unicron, but even he isn't really a developed character as much as he is a force of nature within the Transformers canon.

RiD Scourge could probably make a case but he's buried in a cartoon that no one can watch these days. But that was the first true "Evil Optimus Prime" that spawned multiple other cool-if-somewhat-lazy black deco'ed Optimus Primes.

Blaster carries the honor of at least being the leader of the Autobots for a short time, for those who remember the Marvel comics. I'm sure there are fans here hoping he wins because they're hoping Takara will see that and make a Masterpiece toy someday soon. As it is, I don't think he has the same air of HoF-ness as Soundwave for some reason.

Cyclonus, Springer and Sky-Byte are all notable characters but not really HoF material yet.

Sooo....that's why I think BA is winning. Out of that list, the only others that have had a big impact on the franchise are Unicron and Scourge/Battle Convoy -- where one isn't really a character and the other's media is borderline forgotten thanks to Disney. And that's also why I think it's a lackluster list. You have pretty much only one obvious choice.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But do you want some kind of leader BA, I don't think they can make a BA figure that I'd want to buy. Sigh

17. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Why would we get a leader Blackarachnia? There's really no guarantee she'd even get a new figure.

18. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nobody knows how Hasbro is going to interprets this input.

19. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Exactly. I don't think anyone is voting for BA for a leader-class figure, though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly. Also didn’t know the stripper was Asian, makes a lot of sense for many of my thoughts. I would definitely like to get a toy of her. I’m hoping she’s higher up on the que in MP beast wars line.

• Like Like x 1