Transformers going Biomechanical for movie??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by soundwave-maker, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

Anyhow, we'll just have to wait and see

2. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

Well... first off, we don't have any idea if the guy who wrote the article is legit. He could be some dude who likes to make up something for the sake of having a story or starting controversy... it wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

So, i'm going to take this guy's article with a grain of salt. I'm sure that a Dreamworks art team will have more than enough imagination to come up with something better than the friggin Borg... Hollywood may have some crappy storytellers, crappy directors, crappy actors, and crappity crap... but they sure as hell DO NOT have crappy Concept designers.

I think everyone here has a different idea of what it means when something is regarded as "Biomechanical." Some people imagine "the Borg", some "Aliens", some "Gundam", some "Grievous", etc. It's really hard to lock in a solid opinion of how good or bad the movie will be (visually) when you're limited by your own imagination. If we understood what the Design team was up to, and what was meant by their interpretation of the word "Biomechanical" then we would have every right to beat them down with sacks of pennies... or commend them for doing a great job...

i'm going to go take a nap.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    "Biomechanical" could very well mean that it's a living metal. Composed of cells and such, only based on some sort of metal compound instead of carbon like we are. Thus able to flex and bend without damage. It'd give the TF's more fluid motion and more human characteristics, thus more relatable.

I doubt they're gonna put meat in a robot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep....that about sums it up for me too..

5. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    It's them doing the movie, not the fandom.

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    If they had organic brains locked in their bodies somewhere, that wouldn't kill it for me.

If they did some pretender nonsense, like a terminator covered with skin, that would probably kill it, unless they only did it once to hide, and had to rip it all off to transform in a time of need.

If they turn into stupid shit like furry bunnies, and somehow morph into furry robots, THAT would kill it.

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Actually, I could see Grimlock being an organic T-Rex. It could be Lost World all over again. :D 

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ

Perhaps you were not present when the blatant disrespect was shoved at us on a certain person attached to this movie's person board?

True it's them doing the movie not us, however treating us like shit is not going to sell tickets.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Lets not dig this up again eh?

10. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Stop trying to be Canadian, that's Super Megs' Job :p 

As far as this "news", I'd give it a grain of salt I give any of this stuff. I'm not entirely unconviced it's some goober who is just stirring things up for the hell of it.

As far as the "treatment of the fandom"...
    :horse:  <--I heart this smiley

11. Sepultron

Sepultron .

IF it's true, I'm afraid that the comment might be in reference to the robots' FACES, which is something I have feared ever since the announcement of the project: I can just imagine them scanning the face of a famous modern actor (who they will also use for the voice), coloring the image a metallic silver, then slapping it onto a robotic body. Transformers with teeth is bad enough (though they could kinda get away with it in Beast Wars), but if they're going to have curvy noses, nostrils, eyelids, etc., not to mention the face of George Clooney (YES I KNOW THAT RUMOR IS FALSE- PLEASE DON'T BOTHER POINTING IT OUT- I'M JUST USING THE NAME AS AN EXAMPLE), it's just not going to look very good. At all.

Now I'm going to sit here the rest of the day and try to restrain myself from ordering Galaxy Force Primus.

12. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

The neural circuitry used on the USS Voyager springs to mind. But yeah, they can get by with full robots easy. It's not like Spider-Man where they gave him the organic webshooters because a student inventing the mechanical ones strains believability outside of decades-old comic books.

13. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Reps to you Ray :D 

Personally organic webbing is MUCH more believeable the the artificial webbing.Plus it makes Spiderman more like a true mutant.

And on the subject of biomechanical robots

Weren't Maximal protoforms nanite based? And isn't nanite technology biomechanic in and of itself?

Personally I think people are taking it WAY too litterally.It's probaly not as bad as it sounds

14. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

well Transformers are Cybernetic lifeforms. Shown in griim detail in TF Zone when Predakings brain has exposed.
    According to the show, they were made by the Quintessons, who are obviously cyborgs.
    They have had interludes with the Battle Beasts who are cyborgs.
    The 3rd season had an episode that showed cybernetic creatures locked in the core of cybertron.
    Beast Wars featured a greater advancment in Cybernetics. And I seem to recall that in the end of Beast machines Cybertron turned green again.

15. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I love how Hollywood does stuff like that. Because, ya know, I can totally buy the "realism" of a bite from a radioactive spider changing your DNA, but a student inventing something that's impossible to invent just somehow crosses that "realism" line. Makes perfect sense to me! :p 

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Ugh. This is one of the reasons that I don't like Mike Bay - his directorial vision continues to seem unilaterally slanted towards what he wants. I'll acknowledge that his name alone would sell just about any film project, but it's frustrating to hear an idea like this. Thus far, as the source article and everyone else have noted, it's just a rumor. But I wouldn't put a stupid idea like this past Bay.

Transformers are robots - giant, basic-shape, articulated machines with panels and plating - in disguise as cars, airplanes and machinery. You need look no further than Gundam, the Transformers mythos itself, the weapons of death in the Terminator films or mecha-Godzilla for a frame of reference.

The Transformers are not Borg. They never have been. In my opinion, this is a horrible idea and not the best suggestion to arise in the reinvention of the Transformers for the big screen.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Heh, sounds a little like what a live-action interpretaion of Andrew Wildman's TF comics might look like.

18. Anthony _aggro

Anthony _aggro Platypus prime

Ebay:
    Plus IDW even hints that Transformers could have undergone Transhumanism and eventually changed from humanoid to Roboti over time. It started in Spotlight: Nightbeat.

I hope they do not go that direction, but then again, I would not be against the Quints and some odd hybrids, as long as they are new factions, and not Autobots or Decepticons.

Just hope we do not end up with an Animorphs movie, so they can save money of CGI.

19. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Super-zombie thread alert. Run!

20. Anthony _aggro

Anthony _aggro Platypus prime

Ebay:
    Ha Ha... I'm tired and did not realized I time traveled to 2006.

Time for sleep.