Transformers/ghostbusters issue 4

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by tigatron2002, Sep 4, 2019.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just finished reading this and i gotta say im surprised theres no thread for it. this series continues to be an entertaining read but did anyone else feel like the mood ooze canister was a hidden reference to tmnt, i mean the canister looked exactly like the ooze canisters from the 87 cartoon

• Like Like x 1
  2. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I thought it was a fun read. Optimus blatantly talking about his new paint job(AVAILABLE NOW THROUGH VARIOUS ONLINE RETAILERS!!!) was... actually kinda fun, and is something that I feel like they should do more of for repaints. I want an in-fiction explanation for all repaints, forever. Imagine watching a cartoon where Optimus was the size of the Music Label iPod docking station version. But I digress.

I wanted more of the
    Kremzeek Advanced Form/Ghost. That was pretty cool, I liked his design.

• Like Like x 2
  3. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    rid15 kind of did that, gave an in story reason for most of the same character repaints. i also thoroughly laughed when optimus implied (jokingly) that the war started because he stepped on either megatron or shockwave in gun mode

• Like Like x 1
  4. unknown456

unknown456 Not-So-New Bot On The Block

Series is still a great read as far as I'm concerned, it's just a shame that no one's really talking about it, at least on here. Great humor as always. Fun concepts being played with. Really, nothing that I can say that I haven't said before (in a good way). This series is just a solid, fun read. Definitely curious to see where next issue goes considering how this one ended.

As I was reading this, I was pretty disappointed at first that Kremzeek didn't turn out to be a Quintesson. Then I thought, "Hey, y'know, they've been knocking it out of the park so far, so I'm willing to see where they go with it." Then they defeated him in a couple pages. I guess I just feel like there was a bit of wasted potential with him? Idk, I can be only so upset with it though since it made Megatron et al. ghost a thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping he wasn't actually defected.

6. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    Kinda. The ooze canisters from the 80's cartoon were usually solid metal tubes with greebles on them to make them look "alien", probably because it made them less complicated for animation purposes:
    [​IMG]

It's kinda weird, because the original TCRI tubes looked like they were metal and glass/plexiglass:
    upload_2019-9-6_9-46-40.png

The movies interpreted them as such:

[​IMG]

That said, the canisters that most resemble the one in the TF/GB comic showed up a lot later. The 2012 canisters looked like this:

[​IMG]

Honestly, though, the canister in the comic is basically every generic modern sci-fi liquid canister ever:
    upload_2019-9-6_9-43-15.jpeg upload_2019-9-6_9-43-22.jpeg [​IMG]

This has been a brief history of TMNT mutagen canisters because I have wasted about 30 years of my god damned life.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Fun read, though it seems to be this issue out of all the others that made me wish there were the Real Ghostbusters designs instead of the movie-verse ones. Maybe it was the cameo of the Ecto-2 copter being accidentally destroyed.