Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Golden Disk Collection Chapter 4, Terrorsaur

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by JonzyYT, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    The Wiki also has this on their Trademark page:

"Ravage" became unavailable during Beast Wars, so Hasbro used the alternative "Shadow Panther" instead, and when even that turned out to be off-limits, used the somewhat clunky name "Tripredacus Agent".​

So much meat, it's a BBQ.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That source book has Ravage and Shadow Panther as 2 separate characters

3. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

Yes, of course, obviously, but the Shadow Panther toy can be both Shadow Panther and Tripredacus Agent. It's one of the earliest examples of repurposing.

4. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're not understanding what I mean. Tripredacus Agent isn't a name, it's a position, both Ravage and Shadow Panther are agents of the Tripredacus Council, so they are both Tripredacus Agent, but Ravage is not Shadow Panther and Shadow Panther is not Ravage. Hasbro never officially connected the two beyond them both sharing the same job title and an implied connection in TM2 Ravage/Tripredacus Agent's bio. However, if we are taking implied connections in bios as gospel, then Beast Machines Mirage is G1 Skywarp, which isn't the case.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Verno

News Credits:
    Man, I wish I could see the forest, but there's all these trees in the way.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    It’s one of those things where you could connect the obvious dots if you chose, or you could keep them separate characters in your own head canon.

Until Kingdom. Now we have Shadow Panther and Ravage side by side as separate characters. And that’s certainly how I prefer it.

43BC76D8-FE8C-40BC-A505-D1F2CE1E0DE0.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  7. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Got that Shadow Panther set too.

(I only lack Shadow Panther).

8. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

I was originally planning on using Shadow Panther as a stand in for Ravage for my shelf. But then when we found out we were actually getting Ravage, I was extremely happy because it meant that Shadow Panther could be his own character.

I definitely prefer them as different characters. Shadow Panther is going in my Nemesis Primal unit, and Ravage is sticking with Megatron. I even got Shadow Panther posed like a Boreal Outrider knight from Dark Souls 3, which really fits his creepy mutant face. I like to imagine he's some kind of equivalent to a slasher villian, cold, quite, and deadly.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

At least until it comes up in fiction. Same deal as T-Wrecks being Grimlock. And, heck, let's not forget T-Wrecks doubles as a Megatron sometimes. T-Wreck's bio was written as him being Grimlock (Along with Striker being Snarl). In fiction he's decidedly not. And then later down the line he's used as a body for a Megatron.

Its pretty much the same thing with Shadow Panther. Own character with little fiction gets reused as a body for an existing character, then later fiction brings him back to his own character. Or more technically: Shadow Panther and Ravage are both seperate, just sometimes, they wear the exact same body. I'd recommend Shadow Panther rock the mutant head and Ravage the regular head if they ever interact like that

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When was T-Wrecks used as Megatron?

11. Onyxstrike

Onyxstrike Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I assume they're referring to Red Megatron of the New Primus Vanguard from the Selects manga, except there it's more of a figure repurposed into a newish character rather than... whatever the hell Shadow Panther's early-2000s deal was.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, that's definitely more of a new character/clone sorta deal. Personally, since the only conncetion between Shadow Panther and Ravage being a job title and a reference that Ravage has had multiple aliases (but none of those aliases other than Ravage and Tripredacus Agent being disclosed), in conjunction with all Hasbro media portraying them as separate characters, I'd say that they are and always have been separate characters. Sure, one can head canon them as the same guy, but nothing official ever made them the same guy in an unambiguous manner.

13. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Seems to me that the fact that ambiguity exists is enough for some people to say otherwise if they want to. It's left open to interpretation.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    When is this expected to release now? With all these early releases and updates on dates, it's hard to keep up.

15. Onyxstrike

Onyxstrike Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Last time the listing was available, it said "March 1st". My order's still expected to arrive between March 4th and March 7th, but given that the Road Ranger/Puffer 2-pack and Jackpot and Sights got bumped up to this month, I wouldn't count out Terrorsaur and Mutant Tigatron releasing earlier than expected too.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  16. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I like that, as it'd put him in contrast with Mutant Tigatron, who seems like he'd be far more feral.

17. Verno

News Credits:

• Like Like x 7
  18. RacerCheetor

RacerCheetor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just realized that it is partformers when putting on the antlers of the arms, a shame, since Airazor is justified with being weapons by the missile darts, instead Terrorsaur are only pieces apart.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

As I said before, this is already the fault of the fans for claiming so much to this character, that Hasbro felt pressured by releasing a slightly forced remold, well... let's hope an MP.

19. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Could be optional, looks like theres enough space for the pieces to be there alt mode
    1636641865-golden-disk-collection-terrorsaur-02.jpg
    Its better than getting nothing, still waiting on my tlk decepticons, deluxe scaled Cyberverse tarn shadow striker, proper Cyberverse slipstream and windblade

• Like Like x 1
  20. Verno

News Credits:
    I don't think it was fan clamouring. I envision that Hasbro's plan was always for him to be a retool of Airazor, sadly.

As for the fins, you could look at them as accessories. They look like 5mm pegs, so he could hold them like little blades for the little backstabbing he does.

• Like Like x 1