Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Golden Disk Collection Chapter 4, Terrorsaur

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by JonzyYT, Sep 30, 2021.

1. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

Not everyone is as, "in the know" as we are. A lot of more casual collectors might not even know hes revealed yet, i know multiple people that just pick up the figures when they arrive at target or walmart but arent really apart of Tue fanbase. People like that will miss out despite being fans of the character and would be more than willing to buy him over a slammer or shadow panther. I dont have a problem with mutant tigatron or Jackpot being online exclusives, because those are niche characters with a niche fanbase, but Terrorsaur is a core predacon that imo deserved better than a limited online release.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ophyjgjhnfn

ophyjgjhnfn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, hard disagree. Brother and I loved Terrorsaur mainly from the power up episode and also because of the species. If I wasn't into this and aware to be watching more frequently than daily and refreshing the shop when I know something is coming I never would have even known about this entire week. My brother had no idea. Terrorsaur is a core bot with lots of screen time until his offing and some of us... are still upset about that and not seeing his transmetal. So... I don't know why you would say what you did in the manner you did, but you're out of line. Just because a character isn't your favorite doesn't mean everyone else is the same. Quit acting like paying unhealthy attention to niche market message boards is a big deal in 2021. I don't understand what is wrong with some of you anonymous posters. If you can't be bothered to re-read your knee-jerk reaction posts before hitting "Post Reply" then you didn't really think about any of the words you typed that badly, did you?

• Like Like x 11
  3. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Yeah I really hate when people take their opinion and impose them on others. Not liking a thing does not mean that others don’t, or shouldn’t.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, I can’t disagree there. Sadly Amazon has fingers in every pie... Pretty much any company you know either purchases stock and supplies from them or uses web hosting services owned by them, but I definitely get not wanting to support them directly.

5. setsuna

setsuna Well-Known Member

So this is an upscaled voyager sized retool of airazor right?

6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    no, it's a deluxe. You can tell it's a deluxe based on it's price being the same as all the other deluxes

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Convo bat should be another retool, wish Draculus used this mold...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My favorite part was when he bashed the figure and anyone who liked it, then accused other people of being negative.

• Like Like x 4
  9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love how he was claiming I basically target his posts. (I know I've gone head to head with him in the past but targeting? No. It was just that his posts were more of the same "uniqueness" that his brand is known for.) He does what he claims others do, all the time. However, he definitely crossed a line with the abuse victim thing. That angered me to no end. I used to say things to be edgy and funny and snarky and it was all for naught. It was stupid, made me look stupid, and alienated people for no good reason other than I was an @$$hole that needed to grow up even though I was already an adult.

He can hate the figure, others can too. It's not perfect, it's clearly a retool of pre-existing figures and feels like they cheapened out instead of giving him his own brand new mold after nearly 3 decades. I can see why fans aren't exactly over the moon about a reuse when figures like Huffer exist, but Terrorsaur gets the retool treatment. (I can see it, but I don't agree with it.) It's a nice figure, period. It's a pretty extensive retool. It looks good and 1996 me would be crying tears of joy if that thing was hanging off the pegs or sitting on my shelf. That doesn't mean I'll just roll over and say "Thank you, Papa Hasbro. Thank you, Senpai, for noticing me." but I will give them credit where it's due. For being a retool, they clearly put a lot of effort into it and they weren't going out of their way to be offensive towards BW fans with a big "HAW HAW, F YOU, THIS IS WHAT YOU GET BECAUSE WE HATE YOU!"

Honestly, if you have a core figure/mold that can be reused, it would be insane not to reuse it. And that's coming from someone who's made complaints about the numbers of repaints in Transformers. lol I'd much rather they be retools such as Terrorsaur than what they did with Silverbolt in this line. I'm not even happy with Kingdom Sideswipe, yet I love this Terrorsaur.

We're not back in CW times, at least... Guess I'm stuck in positive mode and that drives people nuts, but my gosh, we don't have to be super negative every time a figure comes out. Just don't buy it if you don't like it. If you do, great! I wish more people would start to make this their mantra.

• Like Like x 10
  10. WreckerImpactor

WreckerImpactor Well-Known Member

You can literally follow the Transformers brand on every major social media platform where they post about exclusives when they go up. Quit acting like being in the loop is this hard thing to do lmao, all you do is click a button on a page on whatever app you primarily use.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Definitely agreed with your sentiment here

• Like Like x 2
  12. WreckerImpactor

[​IMG]

13. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Exactly. Some of us have the capacity of giving praise and being critical AND also just walking away when the franchise no longer appeals to us. There's a difference between having constructive criticism and outright negativity.

With this version of Terrorsaur, I think we only had three options: 1. No Terrorsaur. 2. CW-style retool 3. Heavy remold. We weren't gonna get a brand new mold, so we got the next best thing and it's a pretty good compromise.

At this point in the game, we all know that everything Hasbro produces will have compromises. It just boils down to whether they're acceptable or not.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Hasbro can't keep getting away with it!"
    -Breaking Bots, episode 14: "Are you serious?"

• Like Like x 1
  15. me!!

me!! hey it's me.

Anybody was able go order him through amazon.ca? Ive only seen him as currently unavailable atm so i was wondering if his preorder window is gone already in the Cad site.

16. Inferno

Inferno Kidult TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yup! Here's another comparison with other S1 Preds. Seems that Terrorsaur will be smaller than I would like, oh well. I still can't wait to get him
    20211001_125032.jpg
    Indeed! He's an repainted oversized KO of him I got from AliExpress. I did a mini review of him in the quote below:

• Like Like x 5
  17. ophyjgjhnfn

News Credits:
    Quit acting like being on social media is what everyone wants? Maybe? I know lots o people here post they refuse to be on fb or anywhere but here. Or are you just “that guy” in this thread?

• Like Like x 1
  18. ophyjgjhnfn

News Credits:
    Okay, yeah, you’re “that guy”. Peace.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    101825395_10163543092025632_7323366354365448192_n.jpg
    I really don't understand the freak out over the one guy's comment. Sure, he's an asshole, but the reaction seems disproportionate, and I am saying it as someone who was physically abused as a child. It is pretty clear that he was meaning to say Stockholm syndrome, but didn't know the right term. I'm not against dogging on someone for a stupid take, but the whole "oh, how dare you" is just a bit much for me. It came across as, well, a tad performative I guess.

20. WreckerImpactor

Yes, I will admit to being that guy who believes following a brand you like on social media is not a difficult thing to do. I will gladly die on this hill.

Seriously don't know what you people want, for Hasbro to directly beam info into your brains?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1