Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. PraxiusPrime77

PraxiusPrime77 Wielder of the Matrix of Power

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Good. I want a figure that can fit in Prime's trailer that I feel the price is reasonable. Smokescreen or Bluestreak I feel are little more reasonable for 20 than Cliffjumper or his mold mates.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Densetsu

Densetsu Well-Known Member

I totally get where you’re coming from, but Cliffjumper and his buddies are actually very high quality deluxes. They’re short but very dense and articulated, with extremely thorough paint.

• Like Like x 7
  3. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I had some posts earlier about various Deluxe figures, including non-WFC figures, that can fit into his trailer. Haven't been updating them since there's not very many that can. Can personally verify that both Siege and ER Prowl molds will fit. Cyberverse Deluxe Bumblebee will fit. Car Dropkick will fit. There's some others too. Of course, BB/CJ mold will fit.

Prowl was the 1st ER car that we received. Haven't tried Runamuck / Sunstreaker molds yet; we only plan on getting the cordon / spin-out set.

UW Roller will not fit. None of the weaponizers / modulators fit in the their stock configurations (some have tried creatively with custom configs). Arcee mold will not fit.

CJ is an outstanding figure. Yes, he's rather small (on purpose) but he's a really good toy. BB, on the other hand, is just that much better of a toy. If not CJ, then you can join the inevitable scramble for BB when he gets released at Walmart.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PraxiusPrime77

PraxiusPrime77 Wielder of the Matrix of Power

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I like Bugbite and Bumblebee. But I can't wait for them. I'm only going to be able to get Nemesis spoiler then I can't buy anything. My only hope for them is Christmas.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So, quick question because I don’t know where else to ask: what are some good trackers to keep an idea on stock of transformers in areas nearby?

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Try your area thread: Transformers Sightings

• Like Like x 2
  7. IronPrime2169

News Credits:
    Instagram:
  8. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
  9. IronPrime2169

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I mean, did you check?

• Like Like x 1
  10. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Black Hole...

• Like Like x 1
  11. TFfangeek

TFfangeek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RATS! Missed preordering Earthrise Thrust and Runabout on Target\'s website again. :(  (sigh)

• Like Like x 1
  12. WreckerImpactor

WreckerImpactor Well-Known Member

Got Sunstreaker in today. The Yellow looks so much better in person than in images. Very happy about that.

• Like Like x 13
  13. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Happy to hear that! That is usually the case when yellow(s) is photographed.

• Like Like x 2
  14. WreckerImpactor

WreckerImpactor Well-Known Member

I thought there was no way that EVERY photo/video of this guy was wrong but it really just is like that. Even when I try to take a picture of it on my phone the screen shows something different from what I'm looking at.

Also I got Trailbreaker later in the day and he is also very nice! Though the bulkiness of the mold really suites Hoist better.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Some paints are just like that. I remember the Robocop costume was colored to appear the way it did on film, but in person it looked different.

16. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker’s on to you, man. He knows you’ve figured it out, but he’s decided to mess with your head just because he can. One minute he looks like he has a uniform shade of yellow, than BAM! Ugly discolored blotches the minute you look at the photo you just took. If you tilt your head in his direction, you might be able to hear him laughing.

• Like Like x 5
  17. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah.. I have mine in hand and the difference in the colour is very apparent. I was hoping that it was a camera/light thing but once i had mine in hand I can confirm that it's not.

EDIT: I've now seen many more in stores and can confirm that it's the same with every figures of him that I've seen.

I hate to say it but if you do not see the difference in hand, you might be slightly colour blind to certain tint... note that the number of people that actually register every colour as they rate isn't as common as you'd think. I know a lot of people that aren't able to see the difference in different tints of various colours. Via cameras, the differences in tints are usually amplified to a certain level, enough that you can see the difference as many have sensors that do not have the full spectrum.

Here are two pictures I just took where I fine tuned the colours according to white balance on my DSLR and according to the illumination, this is exactly what he looks like. The difference between the plastic and the painted areas do really differ a LOT. In every Transformer toy (and other), he is the worst colour match I've ever seen. Whoever did the Pantone matching tests screwed up royally.

With lower light, you can see that the difference with the tones is easy to see. You should be able to see the tint that is from the plastic, as opposed to the glossier and brighter yellow of the painted parts.
    DSC01643.JPG

With more light, the difference can be less direct, but again, the difference between the coloured plastic against the painted areas do stand out.
    DSC01644.JPG

I don't know what I did with my Pantone meter (probably in a box or a bag somewhere) and I'd be able to give you the spectrum parameter measurement, but even without it, the difference is quite strong.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  18. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Maybe the colorist for Sunstreaker is slightly colorblind...

• Like Like x 2
  19. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been in photography and graphic design/photowork for all my life and something like this would not have been tolerated even from my own self.. I take way too much pride in my work to have considered this acceptable in any way.

I don't get how they considered it acceptable... it really looks cheap as hell and sad really as it's really nice figure otherwise (with the lack of a proper gun being it's other biggest fault)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    I think cost may have factored into the color process. Cost as in cost cutting. Iirc my Henkei Sstrk had matching colors with the plastic. We no longer have the luxury of Takara improving on the paint/deco anymore.:cry 

• Like Like x 3