Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it looks like the palm and thumb still create a 5mm port, its only like 1/3rd of the 5mm port in the hand that opens up

• Like Like x 1
  2. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

I think this mold was designed for coneheads and Starscream was an afterthought.

I’m not sure if we need a full seeker set from this if the non-coneheads get their own earth mode mold in WFC3.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thank you both. after rechecking the pics you seem to be right.

4. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't know if it's just me, but earthrise Prime's torso looks a little squat. The proportion of siege Prime looks a tad better to me.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Skottech

News Credits:
    I could very well be wrong but to me ER Optimus's torso doesn't seem to be anymore squatty than the the Siege counterpart. I'm wondering if the differing details may be messing with us

6. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The folded up back panels are the culprits, I believe. They make the torso silhouette blockier than it is.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Skottech

News Credits:
    Could the larger forearms of the Siege OP have an additional "slimming" effect in you opinion?

• Like Like x 1
  8. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Oh hey it's an early shot of Generations Select Pepsi Convoy! At least that's what I think of when I see those blue elbows. (And to be honest, I would not be opposed to a Generations Pepsi Convoy).

• Like Like x 6
  9. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mostly agree with Rodimus on this - my spin would be Hasbro wanted to do the Coneheads and knew fans would go ballistic if they didn't get a Starscream from the mold. I am sure that, at some point in the next 3 years, we will get Skywarp and Thundercracker in the new F-15 voyager mold, but I'd bet not particularly soon.

• Like Like x 7
  10. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    Honestly, give this blue arms Prime some blue hands and I might actually buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    The waist region is shorter that's why, so it gives ER Prime a more compressed look. You can see this from the front when ER and SIEGE Prime are side by side. The tradeoff is better hip range of motion for ER Prime since the waistplate is now integrated with the hip articulation rather than blocking it. So if you have Springer it works like Springer's hips.

• Like Like x 1
  12. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Me too bro! Hoping they make one fosur! Maybe Takara will do it as a exclusive since they were the ones that gave him the story & bio that he was ex-Constructicon.

There is also this version of Hauler. Technically he was grappel, & supposed to be the 12th Autobot car in the 1984 Hasbro line up. But got moved to the 1985 line up & renamed Grappel. In MTMTE episode 1 he made an appearance if yall remember

ALSO THIS Hauler/Grappel is identical look to the "Solar Storm Grapple" that we all got in 2010. I never knew they were modeling the toy after this design. But no doubt that EARTHRISE GRAPPEL is bad ass! Stoked for line i just hope its solid as Siege.

Hauler01-sm.jpg

13. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I mean, if you count the same designs getting rehashed every year while the rest of the brand goes largely ignored, then sure. Nice things.

I guess I shouldn’t say largely ignored since Studio Series exists and provides some actual variety. My point still somewhat stands though. And I fully expect the next toy line after this trilogy ends to be G1 and people who want something else to be left twiddling their thumbs as they have been for the last several years.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  14. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

If we get Thrust and since we know we’re getting Starscream, Nacelle feels to me like the first priority Selects release of this mold.

Maybe we will get TCracker and Skywarp but I think this mold made enough compromises for the coneheads that Hasbro recognizes they could do a better Voyager F15 seeker mold if it doesn’t need to support coneheads.

And then they could launch that mold with Skywarp in WFC3 and build anticipation for another Starscream.

I think they have enough to focus on right now with coneheads and maybe Nacelle or a tacked on Sunstorm or army builders before they need to decide whether Skywarp and Thundercracker will come with a new mold. They might or they might have a newer and better Voyager seeker mold by then.

• Like Like x 3
  15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    These are brand new figures, so I dunno what you are talking about

And as things go, they are nice

• Like Like x 6
  16. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:

Kinda feel like you know what I was talking about but I’ll bite. These are new figures. But they’re the same G1 designs that we’ve seen rehashed multiple times (with the exception of some like Grapple) over the last several years.

And yes they are nice (I really mean that. They do look awesome). But it’s kinda hard to get excited for them. There’s simply nothing new here in terms of design. I feel like the WFC Trilogy has an interesting story/premise, but that story/premise isn’t being represented too well through the toys because Hasbro is too scared to step away from G1. Siege was the perfect opportunity for them to do something different while retaining that G1 familiarity, but nope.

• Like Like x 2
  17. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro has also said in the recent past that they want to complete teams where they can, having an f-15 starscream in earthrise kind of creates the necessity of needing Thundercracker and skywarp as well. Also we got 7 releases of the seeker mold during siege, I could see dirge and ramjet sharing a mold like the old deluxes (botcon dirge was a repaint of ramjet and Takara and hasbro generations dirge were a heavy remold of ramjet), thrust being unique, starscream would be there (that would be the 4 accounted for in mainline, amazon exclusive and generations selects), then you have a 3 pack of thundercracker, Skywarp and nacelle (using the thrust tooling with or without conehead), that way it’s 2 new toolings, each with 2 uses and the starscream base gets 3. There’s the 7 seekers to match siege and it also matches how they were done in classics-generations

• Like Like x 3
  18. Nickster563

Nickster563 More of a mystery nut than nightbeat

I’m hoping we finally get the air warrior seekers in this line for some decepticon army building.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Except they aren’t the same designs.
    These are new figures and new designs.
    If they weren’t we wouldn’t be excited.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Nickster563

Nickster563 More of a mystery nut than nightbeat

That's exactly what they did? They kept the G1 familiarity by basing the figures off of G1 but then adding a bunch of different things to make them more cybertronian. The figures are G1 enough that you can obviously tell what its based off of but different enough that they pass as stylized redos of the G1 characters, pretty much what generations has been doing from the start. If you want a stylized remake that's not G1 then you already have things like prime and animated which are based off the core concepts of G1 but radically different due to them being amalgamations of many different other transformers continuities. (movies, comics, etc)

• Like Like x 5