Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We don't have 100% confirmation or know if they were supposed to be wave 1, but we do have evidence that At least Apeface and the Micromaster Rumble and Ratbat pack were originally supposed to be released in Earthrise but were brought forward to siege.

Let me Explain. For Hasbro's internal listings they usually use abbreviations for their placeholders for their products. For example all the Earthrise figures use "TRA GEN WFC E" and all the siege figures just use "TRA GEN WFC". Lets just say we could of known a lot sooner about Earthrise than before the NYCC reveal. Back in July when Siege's wave 5 internal listings were found in Walmart's system all the figures used the Usual Siege abbreviations besides Apeface and the one Micromaster pack. Of course I didn't dig deeper into it a the time because I thought it was just a Typo. Of course after Earthrise was revealed I went back and looked into it. And What do you know Hasbro didn't cleanup their listings all the way and the original product descriptions listed Earthrise right there in the title. It's been all cleaned up now unfortunately, but listings can still be found of Apeface and the Mircos still using the Earthrise abbreviations.

Transformers Generations War for Cybertron WFC-S50 Apeface Figure – Hasbro Pulse (look in the URL)

TRA GEN WFC E MICROMASTER SPY PATROL - Walmart Inventory Checker - BrickSeek

• Like Like x 7
  2. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

You don't think they'll be ER versions of Skywarp and Thundercracker?

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    The gray hands people don’t speak for me; however if Hasbro actually hears them they give them the right hand color I fail to see that as a bad thing.

The people who make me cringe are the people who act like Hasbro killed their dog when they see a figure from the G1 cast made public.
    Alright we get it: you don’t like G1.
    I can probably count the number of figures on 1 hand from the UT that I got; and not a single figure from Animated.
    So I had a dry spell and I got over it. Some of the guys here who sit in ashes, ripping their shirts and wailing to the heavens because a figure is too G1 should get over it too.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

All I'm saying is let him buy 3rd party of he wants.
    it's not ip infringement

5. SinisterSpinister

SinisterSpinister Violently Neon

News Credits:
    Neat. Cool to see how most/possibly all of Siege wave 5 just got picked out of ER and moved up.

6. TransformersFanTheTruth

TransformersFanTheTruth Banned

Are you guys seriously complaining about Optimus not having blue hands? It’s such an unnoticeable and small change to primes design on the toy that it makes you look childish. Worse than the shitty sonic fanbase complaining about sonic having blue arms. This fandom stooped so low just like the TF franchise

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2019
  7. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It technically is but I don't understand people who act as if people who buy it are criminals or diseased.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    He never said he hated G1. He was just explaining how fed up he is about seeing a character from G1 iconic or not getting yet another figure when the last one he/she had was fine to begin with. Granted in Optimus's case this is the definitive G1 update but still how do we know they won't end up making yet another G1 Optimus after this one? There is only so many times one can remake a G1 design before it does get repetitive so if it's not going to set in now it will eventually.

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I can certainly go for a Hauler from Grapple Select Series or not.

• Like Like x 2
  10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    No. It absolutely is.

I don't consider them diseased, but they're certainly participating in IP theft.

(I bought TFC Poseidon, so it's not like my hands are clean...but at least I acknowledge what I'm supporting is legally dubious.)

• Like Like x 3
  11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I wasn’t speaking about anyone in particular.
    Point remains: don’t like it, don’t buy it.
    I didn’t have a figure to buy for several years and I didn’t die.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Revan1307

It's not hurting u so why care if it is at all. I've bought them and kos cause it's completing my collection

• Like Like x 1
  13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It's not hurting "me" if you buy KO/IP theft figures, but it potentially hurts Hasbro/Takara which...if you'd like to see TF continue...you would probably not want to do.

Why do you think the Unicron from Zeta Toys disappeared into the aether?

(Also, IP theft is illegal...so like it doesn't matter if it doesn't hurt "me" you're just refusing to accept your helping illegal stuff... Hasbro/Takara don't "care" as long as it doesn't interfere with what they're doing. But let's not pretend that makes it not illegal.)

• Like Like x 2
  14. cereune

cereune gaming

wasnt SONICS ARMS ARENT BLUE pretty much just chris-chan

• Like Like x 1
  15. Revan1307

I've accepted it and don't really care i buy what I like, but let's just agree to disagree and move on

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Beyond just the product listings, it makes sense that astrotrain was intended for earthrise due to his repack and earth modes and spinister makes sense for earthrise because of losing the siege fan vote and wheeljack being earthrise wave 1. Crosshairs makes sense as something pulled from selects because he’s just a rehead and selects got 11 releases, mostly released in pairs, with an out of order release schedule (wfc gs 04 and 06 were two of the last released) that could have been caused by the 12th figure (crosshairs) getting pulled from the line

• Like Like x 4
  17. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not to throw too much shade but with WfC I'm starting to feel bad for the MP collectors. Hasbro's new offerings are becoming exceptionally good (e.g. well detailed, possible, interesting transformations) for the price point and I increasingly don't see the value difference between a $50 figure and a $400 figure.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, to me some of the Earthrise figures (Optimus,Cliffjumper,Hoist, Grapple for example) are increasingly like "Budget Masterpiece" with added 5mm ports, and that doesn't bother me personally. I can see how someone might not like it though if they spent a lot to get like a full MP Optimus set.

On the discussion of Optimus: I may be the odd one out, but my "potential" concern is to how well will he be able to hold the gun in his hands with him having hinged knuckles.

• Like Like x 1
  19. butz

butz slippery when wet

It looks like the thumb and palm form the better part of a 5mm peg hole for the gun, holding it in place regardless of what the fingers are doing.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    it looks like the palm and thumb still create a 5mm port, its only like 1/3rd of the 5mm port in the hand that opens up

• Like Like x 1