Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With all the criticism with er megatron, I'm really hoping that the figure will receive some good discounts, kinda like $30 er doubledealer.

2. DakaPrime91

DakaPrime91 Member

What\'s the black piece of plastic attached to his arm blade\gun? In the fifth Megatron picture, to be clear.

I think the closest we got to a voyager gun was Classics Megatron that was a Nerf gun.

3. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 MEGATRON ATTACK

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    The reason it doesn't work as well with the G1 stuff is because the animation/toys were so far apart in the 80s. The only way to deliver the "screen accurate" stuff people wanted was to leverage the kinds of integrated accessories BW was known for.

BW was smart enough to leverage integrated accessories from the get-go. So instead of having to figure out where to hide tails and butts and heads and arms...they just had the toy/animation model pluck the piece from their alt. And when there was kibble on the toy, they found a way to work it in to the animation.

Think about BW Megs. His entire tail forms one arm and he just has a t-rex head for the other. If Hasbro or Takara tried to introduce a character like that now it'd likely be rejected as "lazy" and "partsforming." But looking at Kingdom, there is a very good chance we're going to see a BW Megatron where his t-rex head, tail, and maybe even missile pods can be removed and used as accessories. (Similar to how his MP version can strip down)

[​IMG]

But it won't be dismissed as "lazy" or "partsforming" because the toy and animation team were smart enough to work together so those design elements were part of the show. Think about if they had been able to do that during G1. These shields, spears, and hoverboards wouldn't look absurd because that was how they always looked.

That's why I'm fine with it. They're bringing a BW design element in to G1 to try and deliver on screen accuracy in both modes. Which they couldn't do (at a cost that translates to retail) without it.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Actually didn't Hasbro say they can't release that one too? The best we could hope for is a retool of Siege Shockwave and his "submarine" mode.

6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Yeah, here have been multiple opportunities to give Megatron something similar to a gun mode.

He could have turned in to a blaster as a CW Legends figure.
    He could have turned in to a turret/artillery gun as part of his integration in a PotP Evolution figure.
    He could have turned in to a turret/artillery gun as part of a Siege Leader style figure.

If Megatron is getting a "Core" figure as part of Kingdom, I hope it's because they have a plan for something him to be able to integrate with larger figures as some kind of blaster.

7. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Aligatron and Megs are pure fail.  I\'ll stick with my OSKO Seige Megs and 3P Aligatron thanks.

The Micromaster base looks good though.

8. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

The Megatron is such a downgrade from Siege...I can see it definitely warming shelves.
    carry on...

9. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I don't imagine he'll be that tough considering he's a remold of Siege Megatron who got 4 releases in like 16 months, most of which I believe can still be found for standard prices....

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Hasbro cant do a gun Megatron, but Takara can. (MP-36) So the real question is why hasnt anyone pressured Takara to make a Japanese exclusive Megatron ? Yall keep asking for Star Saber, Dai-Atlas, Deathsaurus. Yall want all these zord looking bots. Yall dont ask Takara at Japanese convention pannels about doing a G1 style Megatron in Generations scale. Something that could be labeled as "Japanese" but imported all over the world like MP-36 was. I dont be at conventions in Japan. But im sure some of the people on this site do or are friends with Japanese collectors who do. So start talking and make it happen. F**k this damn tank mode. Time to restore Megatron back to his former glory.

• Like Like x 2
  11. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Scale Crazed CHUG Collector

News Credits:
  12. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

Here to comment on Battlemaster Doublecrosser.

It sucks.

I like the robot; it's NOT a TF. Rotating a backpack does not make a TF.

Just.

So.

Painfully.

Lazy.

13. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    original and current targetmasters say hi

• Like Like x 16
  14. Raze134

Raze134 Well-Known Member

I really hope that Megatron can swap heads with the Siege release

15. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m planning on doing the same and I expect it too. Due to being a heavy retool he shares the same hinge like gimmick

16. AlbertoAguilar

AlbertoAguilar Member

Interesting toy.  Maybe a deluxe would be better.

17. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    The gun Megatron we deserve!
    IMG_20200522_084811.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  18. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

I don't disagree with what you're saying here - particularly about the design philosophy differences between G1 and BW. Some of the Beast Wars figures had great weapon integration, and some suffered from having a chunk of animal kibble that get's called a weapon when it looks nothing like one. And that's what Earthrise Megs' kibble-chunk, Cliffjumper's 'shield' and Arcee's 'hoverboard' all feel like. I'd be more forgiving if those parts transformed in some small way, or provided some additional feature, rather than being kibble with a peg on it.

I find BW Megs having a Rex head to be a cool feature, while I find the MP toy of him having all those removable parts to be off-putting. If we're getting updates to BW characters, I'd love to see better weapon integration, rather than more removable parts. Just as I prefer to see G1 characters updated with integrated parts - I'm glad that we don't get Optimuses with removable fists, or combiners with separate heads and chest shields. As much as there's fun to be had with the Weaponizers and Modulators, they represent a different, Lego-esque play pattern, and I'm just not a particularly big fan of seeing that take-apart-and-reassemble approach bleed over into other characters.

In all honesty though, I should say that cartoon/comic accuracy isn't the be-all-and-end-all to me. Which is probably why I prefer so many of the early CHUG updates over the recent MPs.

• Like Like x 3
  19. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

See, I would always say Megs should be a space submarine but then people say Hasbro won’t allow it to look like a real gun. Megs doesn’t need to look like a real gun, he just needs to look like an upside down space blaster with a scope

20. Tarkus 2

Tarkus 2 Well-Known Member

Megatron......god I can see him hitting "The worse figures of 2020" list......and people are gonna recommend the Walmart version

• Like Like x 5