Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

The Megatron is such a downgrade from Siege...I can see it definitely warming shelves.
    carry on...

2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I don't imagine he'll be that tough considering he's a remold of Siege Megatron who got 4 releases in like 16 months, most of which I believe can still be found for standard prices....

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Hasbro cant do a gun Megatron, but Takara can. (MP-36) So the real question is why hasnt anyone pressured Takara to make a Japanese exclusive Megatron ? Yall keep asking for Star Saber, Dai-Atlas, Deathsaurus. Yall want all these zord looking bots. Yall dont ask Takara at Japanese convention pannels about doing a G1 style Megatron in Generations scale. Something that could be labeled as "Japanese" but imported all over the world like MP-36 was. I dont be at conventions in Japan. But im sure some of the people on this site do or are friends with Japanese collectors who do. So start talking and make it happen. F**k this damn tank mode. Time to restore Megatron back to his former glory.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Scale Crazed Collector | Core Class Enthusiast

News Credits:
  5. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Here to comment on Battlemaster Doublecrosser.

It sucks.

I like the robot; it's NOT a TF. Rotating a backpack does not make a TF.

Just.

So.

Painfully.

Lazy.

6. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    original and current targetmasters say hi

• Like Like x 16
  7. Raze134

Raze134 Well-Known Member

I really hope that Megatron can swap heads with the Siege release

8. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    I’m planning on doing the same and I expect it too. Due to being a heavy retool he shares the same hinge like gimmick

9. AlbertoAguilar

AlbertoAguilar Member

Interesting toy.  Maybe a deluxe would be better.

10. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    The gun Megatron we deserve!
    IMG_20200522_084811.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  11. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

I don't disagree with what you're saying here - particularly about the design philosophy differences between G1 and BW. Some of the Beast Wars figures had great weapon integration, and some suffered from having a chunk of animal kibble that get's called a weapon when it looks nothing like one. And that's what Earthrise Megs' kibble-chunk, Cliffjumper's 'shield' and Arcee's 'hoverboard' all feel like. I'd be more forgiving if those parts transformed in some small way, or provided some additional feature, rather than being kibble with a peg on it.

I find BW Megs having a Rex head to be a cool feature, while I find the MP toy of him having all those removable parts to be off-putting. If we're getting updates to BW characters, I'd love to see better weapon integration, rather than more removable parts. Just as I prefer to see G1 characters updated with integrated parts - I'm glad that we don't get Optimuses with removable fists, or combiners with separate heads and chest shields. As much as there's fun to be had with the Weaponizers and Modulators, they represent a different, Lego-esque play pattern, and I'm just not a particularly big fan of seeing that take-apart-and-reassemble approach bleed over into other characters.

In all honesty though, I should say that cartoon/comic accuracy isn't the be-all-and-end-all to me. Which is probably why I prefer so many of the early CHUG updates over the recent MPs.

• Like Like x 3
  12. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

See, I would always say Megs should be a space submarine but then people say Hasbro won’t allow it to look like a real gun. Megs doesn’t need to look like a real gun, he just needs to look like an upside down space blaster with a scope

13. Tarkus 2

Tarkus 2 Well-Known Member

Megatron......god I can see him hitting "The worse figures of 2020" list......and people are gonna recommend the Walmart version

• Like Like x 5
  14. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    1. There are scenes in the show where Megatron is seen without the kibble
    2. Combiners without partsforming is part of the reason why all of them looked horrible in proportions

Partsforming is sometimes a necessary evil but ER is downright abusing it

• Like Like x 6
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm confused, what removable parts does MP BW Megatron have? What weapon integration is he lacking? If you're referring to the "lounge mode" those aren't required to take off for transformation, it's only to replicate the scenes where he would soak in his CR chamber bath thing. Exactly zero parts need to be removed for transformation. Nothing comes off or goes on between modes.

The idea that BW Megs would be criticized for the T. Rex head being the arm and the tail being permanently affixed to the other is absurd. That's not at all the same as partsforming, since nothing is being removed to transform or be left off as a useless accessory. Hell, it was only the show that gave Megatron one hand, on the original toy the tail claw was his other hand. Both were gimmicks, a water squirter (effectively his main weapon) and the other was a gear/spring-hinged claw. Ignoring that his toy was from 1996, that's not even close to the same as partsforming.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Sigmalock

Sigmalock Decepticon

100% agree.

Partsforming done well enhances a figure; almost leaving you forgetting there is any partsforming (usually by turning a bot mode weapon into a believable part of the alt mode, rather than taking a leftover chunk of alt-mode, tacking it onto the bot mode, and trying to convince us that it's something it clearly isn't).

• Like Like x 3
  17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This is entirely true. Combiners, by nature of being separate parts coming together, make more sense than standard TFs needing to disassemble.

Additionally, it's a lot easier for a brand new character to partsform (as long as it's done properly) than a character who's had several incarnations that haven't.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    the only reason I like Ironhide is because I’ve always wanted a CHUG update of sled Ironhide. I think the G1 toy has some charm to it even though it’s missing a head.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I wish you could remove the giant back pack from Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  20. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1