Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    I’d get both if they released a dirt-free tetrajet Starscream! (and Skywarp, Thundercracker, Redwing, the 3 Rainmakers, Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave, Springer, Apeface, and Ultra Magnus).

I’m still quite pleased with the Classics Starscream mould for the main Seekers and the Coneheads... but I’m down to replace them for something a bit bigger I suppose. And will be happy to get a new Redwing, 3 Rainmakers, 4 Welcoming Committee, and Slipstream remould!

• Like Like x 2
  2. stevej

stevej Snowflake

News Credits:
    I always ignore the mainline news so looking over these figures for the first time... And wow. Lots to like. I may even prefer this Optimus Prime to MP-44 in some areas.

Grapple has wing-mirrors too! Take that MP Grapple!

And that Cliffjumper may well be my first non-MP purchase for years. I wonder how he scales next to MP-21?

• Like Like x 4
  3. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    lol if I had a son this is exactly what I would have done.

Maybe, we did see them skip the crew in potp. But that jet and bot mode are so spot on from the classics toy..it wouldn’t make sense that it’s not the new base for all seekers. Think of how they did the fembots.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2019
  4. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

It makes a bunch of compromises for coneheads. It’s hollow from the side. It has a cone hanging off the back. It has clunky detachable wings and ankle wing slots. It has no waist articulation.

The fembots were also clunky. I skipped them despite liking the characters. This is a better mold than that but is similar to Fembots as something below par for a WFC release.

I don’t think there are better choices for coneheads that are G1 accurate at $30 but there are better transformation schemes for a non-conehead with standard back wings.

I’d be disappointed if this is the new standard or if people embraced this. It’s a bandaid on a dated design.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    Agreed. As much as I love my Classics Seekers for being good deluxes of the era, this design is a huge step back versus the Siege Seekers. As much as their barely-a-thing alt mode was a disappointment, I immediately went back and completed the set after seeing this mold for Earthrise.

6. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

Can confirm that most dads buy him for their kids. I remember my parents buying Fast Action Battlers Starscream for Christmas one year. And then my dad gave me a figure that he said was Starscream, but turned out it was actually the Gobot Heatseeker. I still have both to this day.

Starscream also is one of those characters who always stood out from the crowd throughout the years, for varying reasons.

• Like Like x 3
  7. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

To be clear, despite generally swearing off 1985 figures, I’ll probably get the coneheads from this mold because I can’t see many better ways to do them with G1 accurate robot modes.

Optimus has gone through similar issues.

If you give him a real truck grill and windows from his altmode, one of his modes has to suffer. IMHO, Armada was one of the first to hit on a solution of mixing real and fake. We got a few food figures with fake grill and windows over the years. Then MP10, Siege, and Earthrise Optimus all hit a nice compromise of mixing real and fake.

The seekers have been through similar. Classics gave us flawed real chest seekers. Prime Wars gave us decent but off putting fake chest seekers. Siege gave us a pretty good (if prone to getting dislodged on early releases) fake chest seeker. Now we’re back to a flawed real chest seeker. The solution IMHO that will satisfy will be some mix of real and fake or a better fake chest. Maybe something that manages to be cartoon accurate from the rear for Starscream.

Particularly with poseable figures like these, rear views matter. People do all these Ark dioramas with half the characters turning their back. That’s actually a big factor in why I decided to go with ER Optimus after I saw the blue hands. The back may not be 100% animation accurate but it’s visually satisfying.

The Siege seeker backs may not be accurate but they’re visually pleasing, IMHO.

That “dangling cone” looks bad and works best if you pose these guys as statues. If you have them 6 seekers surround Bumblebee, the ER Starscream style ones need to be facing the other way. They really can’t even work in side profile because of how visibly hollow the torso is. So I’ll stick with Siege for any figures released that way and get this mold solely for coneheads. I’ll make an exception for Sunstorm I guess because I’ve never owned a Sunstorm but honestly he never made sense to me as an earth jet outside of DW’s clone thing.

EDIT: Fine. Yes. I’ll also consider Ghost Starscream from this mold for my S3 shelf. I ain’t getting anything I own in this scale with this mold though. Those Siege figures are still the best seekers ever made, IMHO.

8. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Heheh
    Gray hands and yellow eyes...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hotus1121

Hotus1121 The sky is blue, and the water is too

11. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:

On the fence about that statement. Voyagers with add-ons.
    I got Shockwave on discount and Magnus I sucked it up and went almost-full price.

Shockwave definitely did not warrant the $50 tag. Prime... maybe... I dunno. Let's see on release.

12. chchchch

chchchch QQ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
  13. Jtprime17

News Credits:
  14. chchchch

chchchch QQ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 16
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  15. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

I am agreed on this one. The Siege Seeker mold is awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jtprime17

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  17. chchchch

chchchch QQ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Hmmm, that is weird indeed!

18. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kinda hope his hook can be folded in as thats kinda unfortunate placement....... EREX-02_04_DvessRn7gbRM-440x439.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  19. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    What about that whole issue with the chest piece popping off too easily? Because that's what's kept me from nabbing Siege Screamer. Did anyone ever get around to rectifying that? I recall reading Thundercracker and I think Skywarp's chest pieces were way more secure.

20. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hoist seems to have different heads or is it an error?

Glad this confirms the Grapple hose hand. Soundbarrier is the hidden gem in this line thats for sure, just hope we get similar styled battlemasters.....con repaint and purple clear plastic like Barricades windosws would be very welcomed.