Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

:) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Reygn

Reygn Leader of The Abyss

Bazinga !

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tarkus 2

Tarkus 2 Well-Known Member

Looks like the next one is gonna be Smokescreen or Airwave. I can already sense it happening.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reygn

I would hope the reception for him would be more positive than Arcee, but I'm guessing differing opinions will be flying left and right.

5. BoxxyIsJaAm

BoxxyIsJaAm JaAm

whats the difference?

6. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The proportions are far better with the ER one the T30 is stumpy as hell. Aside from the lipstick not being on the ER she is very faithful to the original cartoon look.

The fembots will always suffer cause its nigh on impossible to get that slender body to become a car without some sort of kibble.

I think Hastak did a damn good job yes its a shell but as a result she has a spot on car mode and a robot mode with full range of articulation. So in my opinion its an acceptable sacrifice.

Anothing thing all those piping up about partsforming etc how many of you are BW fans? Plus the partsforming is there with a reason in mind ie weapon, shield etc.

Yeah but that figure is nearly 3x the price and not governed by strict toy laws like Hasbro so they can put that effort in.
    All of chug could be like 3P stuff but then the market would fall through the floor as no one would buy a whole lines worth of figures cause of the over inflated price needed to incorporate the engineering etc so what we are getting now for 20, if they took the 3P approach we would have to pay 50+ and the target audience ie children first and foremost will be alienated cause of the drastic increase in price.

Also not aimed at you btw just saw your comment as a good opening to get my rant on lol.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  7. Tarkus 2

Tarkus 2 Well-Known Member

Airwave I'm told shares SOME engineering from Brunt. So we have the winner from Wave 2 already and there's no reviews of him out....or are there...nah its probably still the same micro-master base reviews. Earthrise-Airwave-1.jpg 81oXFvqqBkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

8. Reygn

I was refering to Smokesceen.

9. AspiringCreator

AspiringCreator Well-Known Member

Honestly? She looks good to me. Granted I think out of all the Arcee figures we\'ve gotten she\'s not quite what I\'d call the best but aside from that she still represents the character well and it might just be me but the shellforming REALLY doesn\'t bug me. I mean it\'s there yes but it\'s something I\'ve come to accept when it comes to Arcee and really quite a few fembots. The thing is we\'re talking taking a character who primarily utilized animation and trickery to cheat her way into having a ridiculously sleek robot and car mode and trying to make that work at an affordable pricepoint in the real world... where one has to actually engineer a transformation and can\'t just magic parts away and on a fembot with a design that\'s quite slender? That\'s even more of a challenge.

And with that in mind? This Arcee works in my eyes. It\'s not perfect but to be fair no toy ever is.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Scraplet

Wow that’s one lazily “designed” “Transformer?”

• Like Like x 4
  11. regenisis

regenisis Well-Known Member

thanks for letting me know, i didn't read the review, i just looked at the picks

• Like Like x 1
  12. bipedalfish

bipedalfish Member

her alt mode looks like a chewed gum, it's really cute :D  can't wait to get her

13. Orbitalchaos

Orbitalchaos Abnormal Space God

Instagram:
    Remember the new trilogy uses the toy CAD models.. I thought chromia was bad.. But imagine this walking around unless they'll have her "Hover board" everywhere Transformers-Earthrise-Arcee-21.jpg

On another note.. There's a few mods here for T30 Arcee on the heavy scratch side that makes her a partsformer like ER Arcee but she looks better..This is my platinum edition Arcee after doing the backpack mod... The lower half of her backpack can also reattach if yo don't want a Hover board Screenshot_20200710-050524_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200710-050532_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Mod edit: Screencaps added:

Earthrise Smokescreen-1.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-2.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-3.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-4.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-5.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-6.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-7.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-8.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-9.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-10.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-11.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-12.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-13.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-14.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-15.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-16.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-17.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-18.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-19.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-20.jpg Earthrise Smokescreen-21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 13
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  15. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Ooooh, Smokescreen's looking even better than the Siege version. Can't wait to get Barricade, Prowl, and especially Bluestreak on this mold (hopefully with retooled non-racing rearend/feet and frontend/chest for the latter two).

Also, looking at the video, it looks like the concerns about the feet being hollow, not having a peghole on the bottom of the feet, the color of the guns, and the case of the headlight-adjacent part of the red paint on the hood being gone in the most recent promo pics, are all addressed by the final figure.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Smokescreen looks really good. The proportions on this figure are much better than siege.

Shame the weapons will be blue. Even tho grey isn't an accurate color, it still looks better than the blue ones.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The little flap makes all the difference, shame none of the photographers used it. I think its pretty good now. Maybe even fantastic. - points for mushroom pegs being so obvious.

18. Jeddostotle7

But... the weapons will be grey. The weapons on the final product, as shown in the review, will be grey, despite the promo pics depicting them as blue. This is yet another case (adding to the ever-growing list) of promo pics being not fully representative of the final figure.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    no. final weapon is blue.
    And yeah. This smokescreen is literally mini MP , just like WJ.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Jeddostotle7

Wait, so did the reviewer paint them himself?