Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    it happened in 86, too many kids were "traumatized". it happened again several times (mostly in japan), its only been hasbros insistence on doubling down on g1 names since the return of autobots and decepticons that has stagnated the brand a bit since 2000

• Like Like x 1
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    If keeping your sources/identity safe is important, you'll take the steps to protect your sources/identity. He didn't, and now here's the consequences.

When info leaks, the leaker always knows it's them who did it. The goal is to *not* help people trace the leak back to the source...and step one is usually not to immediately point out who the source was when leaked images get out of control.

Like, if I knew that there was a new Combiner coming...and I told you in private. Then suddenly that same info got out...I wouldn't go online and say "OH HEY I TOLD YOU GUYS NOT TO SHARE THAT!" because I would still be trying to protect my identity as the leaker.

Likewise, I would hope if you weren't the one who lead to the info getting out there you wouldn't turn around and say "HEY YOU'RE GOING TO GET T-HYBRID IN TROUBLE FOR LEAKING THAT!" because now you've just outed me as the original source.

This isn't that hard.

• Like Like x 1
  3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I would argue Shockwave didn't have any accessories. He had his core unit and his armor upgrades, which would be like if Siege Magnus had been just the truck and no guns whatsoever.

That said, a Ratbat and Rumble repaint as Knok and Skar would immediately add $10 worth of value on top of a $30 voyager. At that point you just need to figure out where to add $10 worth of value in accessories. That's not so hard when you consider Doubledealer's missile breaks down into two parts...or he could come with some kind of ramp/platform accessory similar to Astrotrain.

Or they could just give him a bunch of guns he didn't have before like they did with Astrotrain.

EDIT: Thinking out loud, they could include a platform similar to Astrotrain, and allow you to turn Doubledealer into a makeshift missile platform that can connect to Titan bases and other figures with the Titans ramp ports. Wouldn't even need to be a true fourth mode when you consider Sixshot had the same compatibility and his "base mode" was just a few of his vehicle modes with the ramps out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

welp, Grapple sure does look like the G1 toy with modern engineering (for all the good and bad that entails) and Starscream really is just the Classics Seeker mold upscaled. Huh.

5. grimlock321

grimlock321 smashin' bashin' bot

I do NOT need another starscream.I do NOT need another starscream.I do NOT need another starscream.

• Like Like x 1
  6. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks awesome. It looks to me that Siege Prime was partially influenced by the Classics mold, and this one takes the Siege iteration a significant step further. That trailer is amazing. I'm more excited about this guy than I am MP-44. And I have MP-10, but to have a new mainline (devotedly G1) Prime with trailer, in-scale with Generations, is perfect.

Plan is to get the 35th anniversary animation version as a commemorative piece in place of my current Siege Prime, then pick up this guy for my official WfC G1 Prime.

7. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    Do the upper arms extend out more? The shoulders and upper arms kill this for me. The shoulders are too bulky now and the upper arms too short. Proportions were perfect for the Siege mold

8. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except that they misspelled his name on the box. It's "Grappel".

• Like Like x 1
  9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Is it me, or does this Optimus look like remolding / retooling / re-whatever of Studio Series Bumblebee Optimus?

10. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hear you. My Starscream collection:

MP Starscream (newer mold, forgot the number)
    G1 Hasbro Commemorative
    G1 Takara early 2000's reissue
    G1 Hasbro Vintage (2019)
    Classics Deluxe
    Universe Deluxe (G1 series/Classics mold with animation colors)
    Siege Tetrajet Voyager

All G1, and Earthrise will need to be next...

11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    it shares some engineering with studio series prime but isnt a remold

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    To me, Starscream looks great.
    But... I already have all 6: Screamer, T-Cracker, Skywarp, Dirge, Thrust and Ramjet.

I doubt I would want to get this Voyager mold since Hasbro hasn't been in the habit of making Dirge, Thrust and Ramjet.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Know what I want after Earthrise? A 25 Anniversary Beast Wars line like we have had with G1 Figures. Beast Wars deserves a CHUG series of its own.

• Like Like x 3
  14. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Easy pass then.

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hoping that Thrust, Dirge, and Ramjet will be mainline releases, while Skywarp and Thundercracker (plus however many other repaints) will be Selects figures or Amazon exclusives or something, just so the Coneheads can be easier to acquire with no hoop jumping involved other than finding them in stock at your store of choice.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nickster563

Nickster563 Anymore questions you wanna ask?

News Credits:
    I admit he should have taken more precautions and was open about being the source but the main point at least for me in trying to defend him is that it was nice of him to have given us early pictures and I don’t want him getting mad at us. He’s given us a lot of good information early this year on upcoming figures and I’d rather not ruin that by pointing fingers.

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Looks awesome. I agree with others, no more chug primes are needed after this guy. For me at least.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Final Knight

Final Knight Starscream stole my Ice Cream

Ah. When are we getting LEAKED closeups of these Starscream and Grapple? :D 

19. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

It’s nice to finally get an actual G1 Optimus Prime in this line. I was beginning to wonder if Hasbro didn’t think anyone wanted a G1 Optimus.

While I wish the hands (and leg panels) were cast in blue plastic, painting the hands blue at least makes the figure acceptable. I wonder if that was always the plan or if they only painted them blue because of the backlash.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Starscream and Grapple look perfect.