Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Bips

Bips Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Snapdragon is great, looking much better over Siege Apeface.

2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    maybe, but I feel like various rumors/teases from Warden, the 25th anniversary and the 86 figures in Studio Series, and the Cheetor listing in the Walmart Netflix figures are starting to add up to some smoke on WFCprt3 having a BW component ~ I'm expecting roughly 1/3 of the line to look Beastie. What form that takes is more open to interpretations (BW characters as G1 style mech beasts? probably not, but maybe)

• Like Like x 1
  3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I know I'm in the minority, but I like the idea of slipping them in as pre-Earth vehicle modes. Get the names out there, build some hype with long time fans and get people curious about them before pulling the trigger and going full beast for an all new trilogy.

So they are there, but they're not at the forefront until the next phase when they're the focus. Which is why, again, likely in the minority, I'd really like if Cheetor in the Netflix line is a repaint of Sideswipe or Sunstreaker.

Because then you can go for broke on BW in that trilogy, and you can get your "big names" alongside the cast/90s toys by doing something like "Ratchet, but he's a kangaroo now."

• Like Like x 4
  4. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

When I saw Optimus/Trailer and Astroglide at Target was a tad disappointed with there size.

5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    The only problem with that is that their names are more intrinsically tied to their beast modes for the most part, to the point where they literally renamed themselves in the first episode. Of the whole cast of the show only 4 have canon pre-earth names (Optimus Primal, Megatron, Depth Charge, Protoform X).

6. SaintsIconsNemesis

SaintsIconsNemesis Toys are Subjective

Instagram:
    Takara and hasbro has come leaps and bound and I do enjoy a lot of the figures in the siege and earthrise. They are heading in the right direction thanks to third parties giving them a swift kick in the ass. Hope they continue the road they been on and not fall back into cheap feeling hollow junk toys. I don\'t mind paying for them if they use the right material and aesthetic and certainly won\'t stop buying third parties. Will just mean I will buy more mainline too 

7. SaintsIconsNemesis

SaintsIconsNemesis Toys are Subjective

Instagram:
    Takara and hasbro has come leaps and bound and I do enjoy a lot of the figures in the siege and earthrise. They are heading in the right direction thanks to third parties giving them a swift kick in the ass. Hope they continue the road they been on and not fall back into cheap feeling hollow junk toys. I don\'t mind paying for them if they use the right material and aesthetic and certainly won\'t stop buying third parties. Will just mean I will buy more mainline too 

8. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    They really should start selling it in bigger bottles.

• Like Like x 7
  9. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

Co-wisest person at TFW, you have earned that title wise one!

10. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

Fair enough.

11. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I don't hate the idea, but doubt you'd see it from the Sideswipe mold since it LOOKS like he's gettin releases 3X in 3 waves (SS/Red Alert/Clampdown). I also KINDA doubt they'd do another yellow release of the Sunstreaker mold: I could see a pre-Earth Cheetor out of Mirage though.

12. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

That Scorponok's looking really good though I do wish they'd somehow given us the option of an Headmaster's accurate head. The Rebirth headsculpt still looks amazing though.
    So sort of Botcon's Dawn of the Future's past type thing except with the current molds? I don't think that's a bad idea.

• Like Like x 1
  13. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

Honestly the Rumble/Frenzy mold already has molded spots for "spindles" so they wuldn't need much. Ravage, Ratbat and Lazerbeak are the only three that would need retooling and you mention partsforming guns...as if they would make these come with little accessories? I don't expect that if Hasbro DOES do G1 cassettes they wouldn't do what they already did and flip a piece of the mold over Lazerbeaks back to be guns and Ravage have little missiles already molded onto his hips. I don't even expect the spots for spindles to be actual holes. I expect indents, and I never said I expected complex paints or tampos to replicate the full cassette experience. General shaping and the "window" in the cassette painted black maybe is all I expect. I'm not too sure where you're arguing from here. With all the crap you seem to think would need to be done to the molds or added in paints or tampos in order for Earth Rise to have cassettes I think you're maybe confusing this line with Masterpiece, lol.

14. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

Somebody said Earthrise Arcee’s alt mode looks like a bar of soap and now I can’t get that image out of my mind.

• Like Like x 3
  15. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Looks like 27 figures total of which I'll end up with 10 of them (just 4 so far). 12 if you count TC and SW coming soon.

16. Magnus1701

Magnus1701 Duly Appointed Enforcer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And naturally I just spent twice as much ordering the first run off Ebay.  Poop...   At least others will have a second shot at these.

17. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

Well if she's bar of soap my money is still on Arcee for the win.
    fc_soap_production_grande.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

It is going to be kind of.. weird having 3 Allicons that are twice the size of my 3 Sharkticons.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to try to turn him into some kind of weapon (whip?).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Are you sure its me confusing this line with the MP line ? You want extensive retools with new engineering of $10 figures with added accessories. I previously acknowledged the tampos would work on the Rumble mold. The others not so much. The engineering just isnt there to make them any more realistic as "cassettes" other than being a rectangle. And if they do Slugfest, Overkill, or the Autobot cassettes its going to be more of the same engineering. Theyre not going to go with the traditional G1 type engineering where they look like silhouettes of animals with one side having cassette tampos. They are going to go for more modern three dimensional designs where the G1 tape effect isnt possible at a $10-12 price point. KFC can pull it off for $34 a tape and MP style engineering. But thats not what were dealing with for this line. You were lucky enough Doubledealer's partners got newly molded heads. Like I said youll probally get a laserbeak with a new head and buzzaw to go with him.