Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Nagatem

Nagatem Sea sea sea sea sea sea sea sea seaconOooo

tigatron flying tank gun ship plane

2. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Oooh, it's a prison cell. At first glance it reminded my of the spark chambers Megatron used in Beast Machines.

• Like Like x 4
  3. MrNegiGeneration3000

MrNegiGeneration3000 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Can anyone send some photos of size comparisons of Earthrise Optimus Prime with Siege Shockwave? Or a link to a previous post with the comparisons?

4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    It's also why he's in Earthrise instead of Studio Series as we see G1 characters start to break in. They can make a relatively accurate to animation bot mode...but he can't turn in to a gun so he'll never really fit in Studio Series where the theme is "screen accuracy."

Honestly the biggest gripe I have about Megatron is that they passed on an opportunity to retool him from CW Shockwave so that even if he couldn't be a gun gun, he could have been a gun that combiners (and large figures) could hold.

I mean, now that we've established Generations can take "non transformers" and give them alts anyway....they could do something like that with a Beast Machines Megatron (either his caped form or his giant head spaceship mode)

Could actually be a bit of a play feature with a BW line. Something similar to Primemasters, except now every figure has a spark in their chest and you can mix/match them and buy the weapon/suit dudes with little containers.

5. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Quint Judge will be so bought it's a matter do I get 2 or 3. Snapdragon looks so great in all 3 modes. If I do get him, that dinosaur mode will never see day light. Reason, I wouldn't want the clear jet canopy cockpit to get scratched since it's underside of the tail when you move him around. ER Megatron, I love the face/head and torso, the rest is meh. The battle damage on the leg is just awful and I thought battle damage is only for the Siege & Netflix's line, not ER.

Indeed it's a nice touch to see. Too bad the insignia didn't get transferred into the toy itself. I would dearly love to see that insignia appears on the Q.Judge, Allicon, Sharticon, and all Quint related etc. Maybe reprolable can come to the rescue. Speaking of the Quint insignia, yes it looks cool, but in my opinion it looks too busy compare to the bots/cons insignia which is more simplified.

Here's rotating features showing all 5 heads attached.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube (Old):
    Yeah ER Megatron just doesn't feel like a cohesive design on its own. It's a shame, too, because if it really had been a step up from the Siege toy, I might have double-dipped to get a good Earth tank, but this one is just lame.

• Like Like x 6
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I'm not surprised they didn't put it on the figure, because they didn't have it on the show. The insignia is a good way to signal they aren't part of the usual factions, but unlike Wreckers or Star Seekers they really aren't a faction on their own.

-----------

I'm actually going to laugh if we come to find, once people have ER Megatron in hand, that there's an unlisted "submarine mode" that you can put him in that, while not a gun, is still relatively gunish.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Whatthechuck3

Whatthechuck3 Well-Known Member

At least Earthrise Prime was technically a new toy with similar engineering. This is the 5th time (in roughly 1 year mind you) that we\'ve gotten a redeco of the same Megatron figure, albeit this time with a different melee weapon. If you still need a Megatron, get him cuz he\'s a great figure...but considering I still see 35th anniversary Megs shelfwarming at my local Walmart, I think most of us have already had ample opportunity to acquire him.

• Like Like x 6
  9. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Would it make more sense to just call it "them"?

• Like Like x 5
  10. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad to see the Battle Squad getting another go, but I'm hoping we at least get another micromaster combiner. Come on Metro Squad Oiler & Slide!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats 2 combiners so far. Including the Astro squad. I was wondering when the Battle squad would get a redo in ER as they were brought forward to Siege with Astrotrain.

So Wave 4 should be getting announced soon hopefully.

12. He Bot 98

He Bot 98 Banned

meh, still at least it's not that awful sword accessory

13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The more I see ER Megatron the more I'm less impressed. It still makes me wonder why he didn't get the same treatment as ER Optimus when it comes to having a new mold that shares elements from his Siege mold but also does new things. I'll be getting the Newflix repaint of the Siege figure instead. Snapdragon and Quintesson on the other hand look rad. :D  Snapdragon especially since he has an awesome beast mode.

• Like Like x 10
  14. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Youtube (New):
    Ultimately it makes the most sense to call him/her/them whatever you want. I think I'll use "them" for the collective Quint, and a mixture of "he" and "she" for the individual faces.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Are you calling me a Sith!?! *Looks to his old SWTOR account and slowly sweeps all the empire affiliated characters under a carpet.*

• Like Like x 3
  16. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

The only thing I like about the new Megatron is the earth style tank treads. I wonder if it’s possible to swap them over to the Siege versions because that’s the only way I’ll buy this toy.

Earthrise Optimus really impressed me, it’s a shame Megatron didn’t get the same treatment.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I’m going to be contrary and say ER Megatron looks fine. Netflix Megatron is still an overall better figure...but it seems more put together than Siege. Head is more spot on. I’m going to try to hold of and see if they make an enhanced version.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Calabask

News Credits:
    I actually enjoyed Energon. >.> Man, that’s what we need a third party to make that first basic space jet with the Energon spear with proper knees.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair, Obi-wan was being a total hypocrite in that scene :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Calabask

News Credits:
    This is true. Lol.

• Like Like x 2